Cotton Cycle
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by tjc - June 7, 2018, 2:36 p.m.

Cotton is currently in a volatile weather market.  MetMike has 'hinted' at the (strong) possibility of a huge dome centering over cotton country to re-intensify.

What does the cotton cycle project?

CT had a daily reversal on Wed, 6-6-18, 22 days out from its last daily cycle low, in conformance with its normal daily cycle.  Said date may also have corresponded with a Half Primary weekly low, nine weeks from CT'S last Primary low on April 4.  If a half primary low, one would expect a high 2-9  weeks from April 4.  Thus, one might expect a (much) higher HIGH in the next several weeks.

Thoughts/observations:

1.  July options expire next Friday, 6-15, which could correspond to a daily high.

2.  Expect the next daily cycle low to be June 26-28.

3.  July futures expire July 9, which would correspond to a contract expiring on its HIGH

4.  July 9 is the fifth week out from the 6-6-18 half primary low, a probable time frame for a HIGH

5.  My target for next week is 98ish

6.  Daily 14 RSI is elevated (60 0n Wednesday close),  but has been to 74.

7.  Bot a July 90 call Wed morn

Comments
By silverspiker - June 7, 2018, 3:06 p.m.
Like Reply

Thank you very much for the technical Cotton trading info. ...

The floor of the New York Cotton Exchange is where I cut my commodities teeth back in 1988.

Also, first time that I started my own hand-held, point & figure charts...(some serious Old-Timers out there)  

I Really Hope You Pin Somebody To The Wall With That 90 Call !!!

By metmike - June 7, 2018, 5:37 p.m.
Like Reply

This post was originally in the NTR forum and was moved to the Trading Forum.