Warren wants free education
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Jan. 26, 2020, 2:44 p.m.

Golly Gee: If I was about to go on for further education, an offer of free education would look mighty good

Might even vote for free

SO: Warren is wrapping up a stump speech and takes questions

A man approaches and tells MS Warren his daughter is done school and he saved, scrimped, but managed to pay for his daughter education. No education debt

His friendly neigbour 3 house down the street had back yard parties, drove a very nice car and his daughter has a big education debt after finishing school

SO the man asks

Will I get my money back as the man just down the street will get his debt paid according to your speech

Warren answers.

You will not get one penny and then asks for another question

Golly Gee

Now I am confused

Comments
By bear - Jan. 27, 2020, 11:20 a.m.
Like Reply

a typical 3rd world election strategy.  promise handouts to win votes.  

what she and bern will NOT tell you is that poor students can already get their first 2 years of college for free.  they get a pell grant that pays for tuition and books at a community college.  then they can transfer those credits to a state university.  with their pell grant, and a couple student loans, and working a job,  that poor student can finish their 4 year degree with only a small amount of debt.  

of course this info will Not fire up their base, and earn them votes.  

their base includes people who choose to go to private/expensive schools (maybe like temple university), and come out with 60 grand in debt.  then they want taxpayers to pay the debt.  

By TimNew - Jan. 27, 2020, 2:19 p.m.
Like Reply

And those jobs in Female Studies are not as plentiful as they once were.