100 million infected by virus
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Jan. 29, 2020, 3:20 p.m.

Lets wait and see if this prediction becomes fact

According to one tracking entity the infection rate willl reach 100 million by Feb 24 unless a vacine or some other method happens to slow or stop infections of the virus

Given the rate of infection increased by 50% over the past 24 hrs this is the result of the study of possibilities

If this is even close to being true would this not cause a world recession

Oil has dropped dramaticly, as has copper and other commodities, indicating recession is likely

Corn hasn't done very much, either

Prices are going down

Now is the time to exit all long positions, that went up almost daily

We have seen enough and small losses are better than big lossess any day

Would I go short

I dunno which is kind of an oxymoran

100 million seems a bit hard to believe

Comments
By metmike - Jan. 30, 2020, 12:22 p.m.
Like Reply

Wayne,

I don't think that there is anything more that I can tell you to put this into proper perspective. Please read the last article from Jan 30th. 

Coronavirus            

26 responses |                

Started by metmike - Jan. 25, 2020, 11:38 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/46353/

By wglassfo - Jan. 30, 2020, 1:18 p.m.
Like Reply

I thought I made it clear this was not my thoughts

Just an example of extreme thought

I do think the market will suffer until this is some what brought into proper context

If movement of goods is slowed/stopped or anyway impeded it only stands to reason the world economy will suffer and prices/demand will fall

By metmike - Jan. 30, 2020, 9:02 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Wayne,

Yes, news of the coronavirus has been having a  powerful effect on the markets this week.

They call don't call them "futures" markets for no reason.

The markets have been speculating on some bad scenarios as a result of the coronavirus. 

I can't tell you when the fear will peak, especially not since those infected and the death numbers will continue to climb fast for a long time. How would they not?

News that they are close to having the vaccine ready and when it can start being used may be the turning point.  Will the company that develops the vaccine first, have alot of rewards?

Coronavirus: Death toll rises as virus spreads to every Chinese region

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51305526

Researchers are racing to develop a vaccine to protect people from the virus. One lab in California has plans for a potential vaccine to enter human trials by June or July.