Cat with broken leg
2 responses | 1 like
Started by metmike - Feb. 3, 2020, 11:55 a.m.

Our 13 year old house cat, Juno snuck out yesterday and came back with a likely broken left front leg.

She will go to the vet at 3:30 pm for an exam and treatment.

I was using the internet to learn more about a broken leg in cats and found this adorable cat(with a bad situation that turned out great) very enjoyable/touching.

The surgery part was fascinating but might make some squeamish so beware.

Sweet Cat with Broken Leg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNAstj4nWSg

We want that guy for our vet!!!

Comments
By 7475 - Feb. 4, 2020, 6:35 p.m.
Like Reply

mm,

How about a Juno update

By metmike - Feb. 4, 2020, 7:13 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks for asking.

Turns out to not be a broken leg but a big bite from an animal on her left front leg(Xrays showed no break). Another bite on her tail, suggested that  the animal was chasing her and probably thought she was going to be dinner.

Many dozens of racoons in this area, which is my best guess on the predator. It's doubtful that she was far out enough to where we have some coyotes and they would not have let her get away.

I wasn't sure who was feeling more pain, me or Juno,  45 minutes after we came in and they gave me the $450 vet bill.

That's $10/minute!

Of course she got a shot, some meds and they cleaned the wounds, along with the X-ray.

Actually, the person that felt the worst was my wife Deb, who accidentally let her out. 

She's snuck out a couple dozen times before during the last 13 years and I kept saying "one of these times, she might not be coming back!"

So we were lucky this time and will be more careful forever.

We also have a little cock-a-poo Macy. I have been telling Deb to stop letting her out late at night to go poddy on her own(I always, 100% of the time, go out with her using the leash so she doesn't become a target for a hungry predator).

Our daughter, who lives 3 miles away, had her very old chihuahua vanish late one night while going poddy.  The body never showed up. 

It was either a raccoon or an owl.

So Deb learned a $450 lesson without us losing a pet. 

Juno is still not eating or drinking anything today. She had a fever yesterday but thats probably gone.