Living in a Sanctuary City
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Feb. 6, 2020, 11:04 p.m.

Orange County Sheriff says, , Orange County, California, has seen a 38 percent spike in repeat offenses by criminals present in the U.S. illegally due to the state’s ‘sanctuary’ policies,

“SB 54 has made our community less safe. The law has resulted in new crimes because my deputies were unable to communicate with their federal partners about individuals who committed serious offenses and present a threat to our community if released,” said Don Barnes, Orange County SheriffCoroner. “The two-year social science experiment with sanctuary laws must end. Rather than protect our immigrant community, the law has enabled offenders to be released, often times back into the immigrant communities they prey upon, and create new victims.”

http://www.ocsd.org/civicax/inc/blobfetch.aspx?BlobID=110535

Comments
By metmike - Feb. 7, 2020, 12:52 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Gunter!

The stats/numbers appear to be telling us that this isn't working.

With all those crimes, there were REAL victims. 

By TimNew - Feb. 7, 2020, 4:33 a.m.
Like Reply

I can't get my head around how these "sanctuary laws" can even exist.  Don't they amount to aiding and abetting during the commission of a crime? 

And in my county, because of the high percentage of Hispanic voters (we have a lot of construction), ballots are required to be bilingual.  But....

Voting requires US citizenship. 

US citizenship requires a working knowledge of English.

How can all three of these things coexist?

The world is making less and less sense to me every day.