Trump's GOP guardrails obliterated after impeachment
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Feb. 10, 2020, 8:53 p.m.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/10/trump-gop-guardrails-obliterated-impeachment-113584

After the last 4 months of impeachment hoopla, the news has settled down quire a bit.

Comments
By metmike - Feb. 10, 2020, 8:56 p.m.
Like Reply

Bigger than Vindman: Trump scrubs 70 Obama holdovers from NSC

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/bigger-than-vindman-trump-scrubs-70-obama-holdovers-from-nsc

President Trump is making good on his promises to “drain the swamp” and cut Obama-era holdovers from his staffs, especially the critical and recently controversial National Security Council.          

Officials confirmed that Trump and national security adviser Robert O’Brien have cut 70 positions inherited from former President Barack Obama, who had fattened the staff to 200.

Many were loaners from other agencies and have been sent back. Others left government work

By wglassfo - Feb. 11, 2020, 7:26 a.m.
Like Reply

I have to say that if I was Trump I would do the very same thing

You simply can not have an effective team if everybody isn't pulling in the same direction, and now is as good a time as any, to throw  out the rotten potatoes, before the whole bag goes bad..

I hate todays work place rules that stop the boss from firing a person for not working as a team member

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians used to be a favourite saying of my uncle. Of coarse that was back in the day of community threshing bees when people worked together to get every bodys harvest done, and people had to work together or nothing got done..

Today you have human resources that can almost make or break a business, simply by the lack of quality and effort put into a project, but HR will make it almost impossible to weed out the problem employee's. So the virus spreads to others who wonder why they should go the extra mile while some just seem to complain about this and that, all while getting paid almost the same pay scale

I have a niece that is going through training for a major enterprise. As near as I can see most of her work is actually the Co., trying to find out what leadership skills she has or could have and also dedication to the company, even if the task is sort of beneath what you think you are capable of doing, or the crap jobs.

In short they want to weed out the slakers, complainers etc. before giving her real responsibility, going forward in her career

I have heard her say some days are downer days as she says but she tries to stay energetic and resourceful, even when guidance is lacking. I suspect the lack of guidance is also a test of her skills, to cope with the unexpected.

This is a very successful Co. but I can see why they are successful, when I see how they select future talent. The Debbie Downers as she calls them seem to fade away on their own, as the Co. tries everything to find loyalty and other things.

Not just one day loyalty but over at least 6 months, or more of training.

If I was Trump, now would be a good time to weed out the dead wood or Debbie Downers as my niece would say.

Loyalty is # 1 in my book, if the team is going to get anything done. The boss may be a horses something, but the boss is the boss and don't ever forget that, when you work for somebody else.

I know I have had my moments when I wanted to say things, but then I remembered who signed my pay check. Maybe my idea was great but I was not the boss.  Somebody had to lead and somebody had to do the grunt work.