Problems in Canada
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Feb. 16, 2020, 11:26 p.m.

Golly Gee:

You folks seem to suck all the oxygen out of the air, although the china virus has sort of been a headline we did not need.

But: Here in Canada we have a lowly loonie, which makes it tough to compete against your mid West grain belt

And  with no trade subsidy that is a double whammy even though we did not start the trade war

And in case you have missed it, our native canadians have blockaded a major rail road, which we need to access oil markets, plus a lot of needed supplies going the other way

Now with such a topography we have to live with, we don't have a lot of options that we can use for east-west rail ways, or north-south for that matter, as there isn't much of a market approx 200 miles north of our common border. A really short rail way is the best we can do.

And to make it interesting our economy is going off the rails

Hey folks: What say you sort of take us under your wing and make us an americian state

On second thought

Just print up a batch of fiat and send it our way

Like who would notice if you print 60-70 or 90 billion a week

Heck you print enough new fiat to pay for a new navy carrier in a month or two

No matter we will settle for the cost of the paint, and supply a few unemployed to do the painting contract, on that new air craft carrier

And that is a wrap on all that matters in Canada

Comments
By kermit - Feb. 17, 2020, 4:48 p.m.
Like Reply

You have to be immunized to go to school. But you can walk across border without being immunized and get paid to stay at a hotel in Toronto 

By wglassfo - Feb. 17, 2020, 11:08 p.m.
Like Reply

I did not know that

Only in Canada

By kermit - Feb. 18, 2020, 8:17 a.m.
Like Reply
By wglassfo - Feb. 18, 2020, 11:49 p.m.
Like Reply

The  stranded rail cars are starting to cause shortage of some food products and LP

Bad enough about our border and now we have this rail thing

At least we have a sufficient supply of LP but some folks aren't so lucky

We could switch to electric if we had to

I am not going to chop wood

By wglassfo - Feb. 19, 2020, 12:02 a.m.
Like Reply

Hi kermit

I remember when those families were located in chatham, [a small city of 25,000 about 25 miles from our farm] We call it a city because we don't have very many larger metro areas.

Any how the community was a bit up tight about that re-location

A yr later some folks got caught in freezing snow and wind on the candian border in western Canada. Montreal and Quebec can also have some extremely cold temps, so it seems at least the word spread to not try a border crossing in winter

I have no idea how that got resolved but Ontario supported our provincial premier decision to not pay the bill