This is different
0 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Feb. 19, 2020, 1:46 p.m.

What do you think about the sale of bottled water

Some municipalities are refusing to re-new or give 1st time permits for Co.s to acess aquifiers or spring water or any source for that matter, that provides clean drinking water in a plastic bottle

It seems therre are two arguements being made against the industry as a whole

1; The sale in plastic bottles increases the plastic waste we dispose of each yr

2: Activist say the taking of water from cleam spring water etc is a waste of natural resources

I expect we may hear more about this in the future

I buy water in plastic bottles when travelling. I also use my own container, be it an old plastic bottle, that I have emptied, but kept will travelling.You may not know this but at least in our country and in many of your outlets, if there is a fountain where you can fill your own container with the soda flavour of your choice, if you look closely, you will find a small, push lever, which will give you drinking water. If I buy a burger, I will not buy the drink, but use my own container to fill with free water. I have asked and the people tell me that is why they provide the free water, but they would like you to buy some thing if you want the water. Same as going into a resturant and ordering water but no coffee

I really don't like to pay more for my water than an equal amount of gas for the car, but if the market will bear the price, then it is up to the consumer to decide how to spend their money

I can see the banning of plastic bottles but 1st an alternative needs to be available. I need water, for constant useage, all day, due to my sugar problem. For some reason when I got high sugar and started taking insulin my daily water intake increased dramaticly. I don't worry as water must not harm me. I just have to make sure I have a supply at all times. At home I drink our tap water, which comes from our own deep well and tastes really good to me. Better than any I can buy but I am sure that is an aquired taste

Comments
No replies yet. Be the first!