Recession
0 responses | 1 like
Started by wglassfo - Feb. 26, 2020, 3:15 p.m.

I think this is trading as the stk market is starting to price in a lot of negative stuff, which is the point of my post

I thought about buying bank stks but will now take a wait and see attitude

Our portfolio takes a daily hit but is still above 1st of Jan so our financial planner must be doing his job

So much for personal stuff.

But: More and more financial people are talking recession. The word recession seems to be in the air. I posted we would go into a recession some time ago. It is too soon to say we are headed for real recession but the signs point that way. I don't see as many people, funds etc willing to buy the dip which IMHO is the strongest reason why this stk market crash is real. Add to that the fear of china not producing stuff, such as required parts for our factories, and others in the world etc. Nobody knows what effect this virus will have on our economy or the world economy. We are in uncharted waters here or is this just like the common Flu season. The market does not act as if this is just the flu season.

The funny or odd part about all this is the housing market is still strong, which means a good part of the population have faith in a decision to make a very major purchase

No matter, the market seems to think a recession might be on it's way but not many people, [some for sure] except maybe myself is willing to say for sure, a recession is coming and the stk market will go down much more

A lot of things have come together to start a selling spree which will continue. In fact world markets will all sell off much more than today. Maybe Japan will keep on buying stks, that is the only market that might not go down so much, but I doubt it

When the truth finally comes out about how many people really died in china, the cover up, the useless numbers some people have used, then we will find out if this market causes us to go into recession or not

This is not a wild and unsubstantiated post

Comments
No replies yet. Be the first!