Who is afraid of a little snow
0 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Feb. 27, 2020, 2:04 p.m.

We have a semi truck bob tailing to Wisconsin, leaving today to pick up a trailer on Friday [tomorrow] My son and his wife will pick up the trailer, with the semi truck

For non farm folks this won't mean much except it is designed for high sped fills for our crop sprayer. It has all brand new equipment inside and the folks have worked with the design long enough on their farm to now sell then to the public. We looked into the design and decided to buy one instead of trying to do it our self. The price is not much different and we are sure it will work much better than anything we could do

The cost is about 1/2 for fuel/permits and miscl to have it delivered by commercial delivery vs doing it ourself. With prics the way they are and no gov't habd outs, one has to trim the fat. Last yr we burnt out a 18,000.00 [new] motor by driving the sprayer on the road back and forth. We had to do some thing as a rebuilt motor costs 14,000.00. So this yr we will take the water and chemicals to the field in this trailer. We operate in a 10 mile radius

So my son if off to the winter storm, hoping to be ahead of the worst by Friday. On the way home will be what it is. They can shack up and wait out the storm but we think the roads will be okay. Even if stranded, the truck has heat, fuel, food, Ipods etc so there is no danger

In canada we don't worry about snow storms stopping our daily routine

Good luck to my son and his wife.

Leaving just about now or perhaps already on the road.

Just a post about something besides this virus

Comments
No replies yet. Be the first!