Goldman says we are in recession
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - March 15, 2020, 5:07 p.m.

Goldman has just announced we are in a recession

They also predct a V shaped recovery

Others think we will have an L shaped recovery

How knows what will happen

Also:

I wonder who has the official responsiblity to say recession

I don't think that is Goldman

So who makes the call about a recession officilly true???

Comments
By TimNew - March 15, 2020, 6 p.m.
Like Reply

The simplest and most reliable definition of recession is 2 or more quarters of negative GDP.  There is no indication that we're even close to that, and a Goldman "analyst" can't change that fact.

By metmike - March 15, 2020, 7:32 p.m.
Like Reply

I think that it will be a steep V shape..............as the reality of not as many people dying as feared sinks in...especially if this is seasonal and if the media lets up on the "sky is falling messaging" and starts emphasizing perspective instead of using speculative unknowns in every story. 

The Coronavirus is basically the flu without vaccines.

The old/sick are protected by immunizations when it comes to the flu. Take that away and they would be dying like they are with the Coronavirus.

The young people are not dying from the corona. 

Part of why its so contagious is not the virus but the people not being immunized by shots or having some resistance because of having the flu several times in the past. 

As soon as we receive good news on a vaccine being ready to distribute this the permanent recovery back up will commence with gusto.

Well before then, people will recognize the facts and see its not as bad as we thought.