President flouts idea of america re-open for business
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - March 24, 2020, midnight

I haven't seen anybody respond to the presidents idea the america was not built to be shut down

If I understand him correctly he wants to allow business to re-open the doors to commerce -- soon

Here in Canada Trudeau is considering a lock down as voluntary social distancing has been ignored in many places

The provinces of Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia have mandatory lock down in effect as of today but some have defied the order

Parliament re-convenes to morrow, but Trudeau could invoke powers to enforce a lock down, although it is expected Parliament will instead debate financial borrowing over and above the approved budget numbers

The whole thing from main St to the halls of power is very uncertain, in Canada

For example, we can get parts but they are placed outside the store for pick up when employees go inside

Take out is allowed if social distancing is observed

Back to Trump

He seems to want business as usual in a short time

What is a short time??

Is he playing both sides politically, trying to buy time as the virus may contain itself as MM told us in a previous post

If you were told to stay home and not report for work, how soon would you being willing to go to work in your real estate office, re-sume showing of homes, hold open houses or some other similiar situation of commerce?? Would you be willing to go on the floor of macy's selling?? in what ever department you normally work

I suppose it depends on your personal view to being infected and then your thoughts about survival

How badly do people need that pay check vs the panic seen nightly on TV

Comments
By mcfarm - March 24, 2020, 7:21 a.m.
Like Reply

of course Trump wants America open for business sooner than later.  Maybe you missed the memo but we have suffered a catastrophe these last weeks. He is smart man to pose the plan now and take the heat from our commy msm's who immediately attacked him. Many, may people including me think we over did this shut and want some things either partially or wholey opened soon. What is soon you say? Trump he will evaluate at the end of our 15 day closure....good for him and our country

By metmike - March 24, 2020, 11:57 p.m.
Like Reply

I too agree that we should have more positive messages like those coming from President Trump.

People are scared and panicking. They are afraid of the unknown and hearing all day long on CNN that its going to get much worse and continue indefinitely.

The unknown about how bad this might get and how long it will last has been devasting to people psyche.

People need to hear a message that gives them hope and a light at the end of the tunnel to balance their off the chart emotions/fear.

Maybe President Trump is being too optimistic about how quickly we can get going again but this is what his objective is and he believes that we can do it.

All day long, after Trump gave this message of hope, CNN spent each segment bashing him for giving people unrealistic, false hope that in just 2.5 weeks, Easter things will start to re open.

Their message has been that its going to get much worse and continue much longer . and there is no light at the end of the tunnel and most importantly, its all Trumps fault.

If he had handled things better, it wouldn't be nearly this bad. They will do anything to try to keep him from being elected again.

It's not working.

The majority of Americans feel that President Trump is doing a good job right now.

Gallup: Trump job approval rating matches all-time high

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/489285-gallup-trump-job-approval-rating-matches-all-time-high

By TimNew - March 25, 2020, 6:40 a.m.
Like Reply

Anyone else notice that the more the dems do to fight Trump,  the higher his overall job approval goes?

I wonder if there's some kind of message/meaning there... 

And yes,  Gallup has him at a net positive rating as of yesterday.  I believe that's a first for Gallup.  Rasmussen has shown that a few times.  Interestingly, his job approval on handling of Coronavirus is +3 and his approval on the economy remains very high @+9.2.    

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html#!

By TimNew - March 25, 2020, 6:53 a.m.
Like Reply

Interesting is a comparison of Trump vs Obama in overall approval. They aren't all that different for the same relative time period in their admins.  Most surprisingly, on a few occasions,  Trump's approval has exceeded Obama's. Contrast that with how the media  treated each of them. I think most would agree the overall media was much more "friendly" towards Obama. Where would Trump be if he received the same kind of coverage? 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_vs_president_obama_job_approval.html#!

By wglassfo - March 25, 2020, 11:52 a.m.
Like Reply

If Pelosies "wish list" of 6 trillion of spending had been more widely published Pelosie would have lost all credibility

The Dems tried to frame the spending as money for the individual hurt by lay offs, as if they were the only friend the worker had

In fact approx. 1/2 of the wish list of spending had nothing to do with lay offs or the worker and business needs

An example was 10,000 forgiveness of student loans, money to advance voter registration with no ID, higher emission standards on cars, more administration spending to advance her wish list etc.

Much more that I can't remember

As one Dem said "this is our chance to advance our agenda"

Lucky for us the final bill was cut to 2 trillion or this bill alone would have blown up the deficit

I am all for helping those who need help, especially in a time of crisis, when you need to save a place of business , so workers have a place to return, when the dust settles, put food on the table etc

I wish somebody would have published Pelposies "wish list"

It was out there. I just can't access it, but clearly Pelosie had no empathy for those who needed help as we saw by the lengthy process that could have been done in a couple of days

And to think the Dems held up money and other relief for the sake of their kind of politics

By TimNew - March 25, 2020, 1:53 p.m.
Like Reply

I think many are aware of Pelosi's attempt to stuff the stimulus with a lot of nonsense,  and many approve.   Obama did the same thing,  exclusively stuffing his stimulus with liberal hodgepodge,  which is why his 800+ Billion stimulus accomplished little/nothing.

The only stimulus that has a hope of working is one that puts money in the hands of the consumer, through tax cuts/credits or outright cash.   Each dollar will be spend several times so a 1,000 dollar check can add 10,000 or more to the GDP as it passes through assorted hands.

Anyway,  using Trump's job approval rating as a barometer, it appears Pelosi created quite a few more converts with this last scheme. Not everyone likes the "Green New Deal" ,  and even fewer like it attached to corona virus stimulus.