a cure for corona found ????
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - March 26, 2020, 3:20 p.m.

Pres Trump received a lot of ridicule and criticism, when he touted the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine as a cure for the corona virus. Many commentators of the MSM said, he shouldn't give people false hope with a medication that by most experts is considered useless for this virus. Some accused him of causing the death of many people by not listening to his medical experts.

Yet, other countries are using this very same medication and treating and eliminating the virus with great success

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/bahrain-hydroxychloroquine-success-response-covid-19

Rachel Madows has encouraged other MSM companies to not air Trump's frequent televised corona updates, since he is misleading the public.

Now it seems to me... I would rather listen to Trump, than any of the MSM, when it comes to hearing about the virus or the economy.

Comments
By TimNew - March 26, 2020, 3:31 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump is quite often correct, even while being ridiculed.    And the people say "yeap, Trump, the buffoon, is always wrong"..   But when it turns out he was actually correct, no one talks about it because they're on the next story where they say  "Yeap,  Trump the buffoon is always wrong"..

It's almost entertaining in a sad sort of way.

By GunterK - March 26, 2020, 6:27 p.m.
Like Reply

I just heard Trump on the radio, while driving the car. He spoke of his (virtual, I presume) meeting, this morning, with the leaders of the G20, as well as of the WHO, IMF, etc.

He spoke of all the things that are being done to fight this virus, right now. He spoke of the hospital ships that are arriving in NY and LA, today and tomorrow. He spoke of all the medical supplies that are quickly being manufactured right now, to offset the current short fall. He admitted that the US was not prepared for an onslaught like this virus. He did not blame the previous administration for being unprepared. His presentation was calm and full of optimism.

After all the gloom and doom we have listen to from our so-called medical experts, it was a bit refreshing to listen to a more optimistic outlook for the future.

I cannot express my thoughts as eloquently as metmike does.... I can only echo his thoughts about this president.... you may not like Donald Trump, the man.... but you have to judge him by what he  is doing for the People, for the USA.

What I heard on the radio today, IMHO, was what I would expect to hear from a POTUS..

I am tired of hearing the medical experts putting us into a panic...."run to the stores and buy whatever they have... you will all be starving to death in a few weeks. Toilet paper? Forget it... those days are gone... run to the store right now!..."

If I may use a cliche... the radio address may have been full of empty promises ( I sincerely don't believe it was), but it was "presidential"

By metmike - March 27, 2020, 1:27 p.m.
Like Reply

The main reason some of the MSM do not want him doing these updates is this:

Trump gets first positive approval rating in Post-ABC poll

By Jonathan Easley - 03/27/20 11:38 AM EDT  

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/489841-trump-gets-first-positive-approval-rating-in-post-abc-poll

It’s the highest mark Trump has ever received in the poll, a 5-point jump from the same survey in February and beating his previous best of 44 percent approval in January.

The survey finds that 48 percent of voters polled approve of the job Trump is doing, against 46 percent who disapprove. Eighty-six percent of Republicans respondents approve, compared to 49 percent of independents and 17 percent of Democrats.

It’s the highest mark Trump has ever received in the poll, a 5-point jump from the same survey in February and beating his previous best of 44 percent approval in January.

Fifty-one percent of respondents said they approve of Trump’s management of the coronavirus, compared to 45 percent who disapprove.

Sixty-six percent of voters polled said they’re confident that the government will handle the crisis, although 58 percent said the Trump administration was too slow in reacting to the outbreak.

By metmike - March 27, 2020, 2:06 p.m.
Like Reply

Until the vaccine is in wide distribution, likely some time in 2021, we may be battling the coronavirus.

Hopefully it will be seasonal and numbers will plunge this Spring/Summer but it could try to come back with a vengeance next Fall(as does the flu virus every single year).

With Trump enjoying more support than ever during this crisis, that will make the coronavirus issue for the November 2020 election very interesting.

The MSM and dems trying to make a case that he blatantly messed up the handling of the coronavirus has backfired.....again(like the impeachment that led to his approval ratings going up).

The daily briefings from his team of experts, led by VP Pence(who was smeared for days by the MSM after being appointed) is extraordinarily impressive.

When you listen to Pence, don't you wish that he was the president?

Regardless, Trump may take this position later this year when it comes to handling the coronavirus.

Don’t change horses in midstream

https://grammarist.com/phrase/dont-change-horses-in-midstream/