Adam Schiff Will Investigate Trump
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - April 1, 2020, 10:40 p.m.

Posted on by Jason Easley

Adam Schiff Will Investigate Trump’s Coronavirus Response

https://www.politicususa.com/2020/04/01/adam-schiff-trump-coronavirus-investigation.html

"House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) said that discussions have begun on a 9/11 Commission style investigation into Trump’s coronavirus response.

Schiff, a California Democrat, told me in an interview Monday that his staff has already started working on a discussion draft modeled after the 9/11 Commission, and that he would be talking about the possibility with others in Congress. And he said the House Intelligence Committee, which he chairs, has begun reviewing the committee’s intelligence materials on the pandemic.

“We will need to delay the work of the commission until the crisis has abated to ensure that it does not interfere with the agencies that are leading the response,” Schiff explained in an email. “But that should not prevent us from beginning to identify where we got it wrong and how we can be prepared for the next pandemic.”

Republicans are going to immediately howl that Schiff is out to get Trump with another “witch hunt,” but their claims will not be true.

It is vital for the United States to figure out what went wrong with federal coronavirus response. Action will need to be taken to implement changes so that the possibility of another pandemic sweeping the country and killing hundreds of thousands of people will be reduced in the future."

I agree that we should do an investigation. To insure that its not mostly political to target Trump, let's do it in December.

1. I'll bet my house that hundreds of thousands of people in this country do not die form COVID-19

2. I'd almost bet my house that Schiff wants the investigation BEFORE the election. 

Comments
By TimNew - April 2, 2020, 4:17 a.m.
Like Reply

Of course Schiff wants it before the election as this is just one more campaign tactic.   It's nice to see the dems working so hard to get Trump re-elected.  

His approval was much lower prior to the impeachment hearings.  To that point,  nothing had done more to help.

There was an initial drop at the start of the covid-19 scare,  but the trajectory has been sharply up since, and is very close to 50-50 right now.  His handling of the virus is in positive territory. Economy is double digit approval.

I've felt that one more try by the dems would put this right through the goal posts and I think Schiff is just the man for the job.

By metmike - April 2, 2020, 2:55 p.m.
Like Reply

The biggest help they are providing is running Biden.

Can you imagine Biden trying to effectively run the country during the coronavirus pandemic?

He would clearly just be a figure head with other people leading and calling all the shots. Some people actually might like that and is why I have said in the past that the dems could win with Bozo the Clown because he's not Trump.

However, Schiff and Pelosi and a few others, in their obvious...........too obvious obsession to completely destroy him by any means possible, have actually caused people to sympathize with the meanest president in history.    

They have actually out meaned him and taken Trumps biggest disadvantage(being mean) and imposed it on themselves with their behavior.

Anyway, Biden has lost enough cerebral functioning to be capable of performing many of the functions that we expect of a president.  He appears to be sliding fast, so imagine his state in 4 years. Seriously, everybody and their brother would know he isn't being the president except for the title.

Almost no chance to elect him again in 2024. 

Debates between Trump(who is sharp) and Biden who is lost will be interesting.

Biden could do ok though if he's' a NICE, lost  guy and Trump goes after him with attacks.  But he won't. The last year has featured Biden trying to attack Trump about everything that he can.........and he has looked bad at times. 

Bad idea Joe. You will lose that battle with Trump if you go toe to toe in a battle that features meanness from both sides.

Start being a nice, likeable guy again like you used to be. Everybody knows your'e over the hill and can't run the country and Trump can so don't try to pretend otherwise.............we aren't dumb.

But enough people hate Trump and other people that dislike him enough to not vote for him if they like a nice, over the hill Joe Biden. 

A mean over the hill Joe Biden will not sell so effectively. People don't give mean people the benefit of the doubt.

Personally, I think that Biden is trying to come off as being more assertive(which he has lacked in the past from being so nice) but its backfiring at times and making him look more mean. 

Since everybody knows that Biden is not qualified to run the country, he has to give people a reason to vote for him.

He is running against Trump, which  will probably get him something like 40% of the votes from all the never Trumpers, just like Bozo could get. Being nice and likeable, contrasting with Trumps being mean, I think could put him over for the win.  

Since Trump is showing that he can weather the stormiest of storms for presidents............think about it, he had a 2.5 year investigation trying to take him down, then impeachment, now the coronavirus, while all along being attacked relentlessly by the MSM and dems and there he is today, not only undamaged but actually the strongest ever.........leading us with optimism/hope and confidence thru this crisis.

They hit him with a cat. 5 hurricane, then an F4 tornado, then a 9.0 earthquake hit during a flash flood and there he is every day, effectively leading during the crisis and giving us good reasons to be optimistic. 

Biden is not going to fool many people into thinking he could be a better leader that could withstand that much adversity. 

But he can be nice.