I getting a bit angry when I see a bully
16 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - April 12, 2020, 12:22 p.m.

The USA is showing it's true colours during this virus pandemic

When Trump decided all medical equipment made in the USA by 3M should stay in the USA your country supported the decision. As a country, I read of no objections to this decision. You might have said Trump has his faults but nobody said this was wrong

There is a difference

Well now your country engages in piracy. The world including your country, condemed the Somalis for piracy, in the strongest possible means available. and yet, some how nobody, amongst your country, feels motivated to  object to such actions, as piracy, when it is your country engaging in the act of piracy.

You have placed sanctions against Cuba. You said there would be no sanctions against medicine or other health needs for Cuba. And yet when a private individual from China sent a plane load of medical supplies to Cuba it was not allowed to continue on to Cuba. The medical supplies were unloaded on the Tarmac of americian soil and stolen. Yes, how else would you describe such an action. Piracy maybe???. Words that have no meaning??

How would you describe such actions??

Nobody in america objected to this action. Nobody is concerned that people in Cuba will die for lack of proper medical supplies. Why??? Are they not as human as you and myself. Did you not say medical supplies would be allowed into Cuba

Is this the way your country shows your true attitude toward the rest of the world

In other words ,me 1st and the rest of you can go pound salt

That's how it looks

Who among you objects when things like this happen???

Trump is a bully and so is your country

How else can the rest of the world see it any differently??

Comments
By metmike - April 12, 2020, 1:23 p.m.
Like Reply

Happy Easter Wayne!

I understand that you are Canadian but these are the objective facts............not one that an American made up. The facts are the facts, updated to the last minute.

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

USA number of cases 537,014

Canada cases   23,316

USA 23 times more cases.

USA number of deaths  23,316

Canada number of deaths  675

USA 31 times more deaths.

US population 328 million

Canada population 38 million

USA 8 times the population..............so we are having 4 times the rate of deaths/population as Canada with our 8 times greater population. (31 times more deaths)

We appreciate the assistance that Canada has provided very, very much. It was greatly needed as you can see and much more was greatly needed and appreciated from other sources(including Russia shipping us medical supplies-that seems crazy but they saw how bad it was).

The US, by far has been the country in the world with the most need for medical assistance. I mean, its not even close as you can see from the numbers above compared to Canada for instance.  I'm sorry that you don't see it that way. I am not stating that as a person from the US. I am a scientist that sees just the facts and they are crystal clear above.

Here was more on that from last week:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/50040/

I hope that you are having a wonderful Easter Wayne, even if we are all stuck at home!

By wglassfo - April 12, 2020, 3:31 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike

Get your dam head on straight and read my post

This has nothing to do with Canada

Although you seem to want to make it Canadian

This post was about  stealing medical supplies from Cuba

Even though the USA said medical supplies would be allowed to enter Cuba

Well we now know what the USA says and does, 'is speaking with a forked tongue', which the native americian indian figured out a long time ago and is still true

Read mike and don't be so dam quick to drag Canada into this

You accused me of not reading, some time ago

I was wrong and stood up and admitted I was wrong

Well this is an act of a bully stealing medical supplies from Cuba

And not one person objected, so you either did not know or you agree

Well, now you know

I don't care how great your need is nor does the rest of the world, when it comes to an act of piracy

What you posted just told me that americian lives are  more important than Cuban lives

That is so convoluted in any sense of the meaning of a persons life

Dam I sure would not want to be a slave on your plantation, given your attitude in this post

When you steal property that is no different than entering my house to steal my property because you can, just as you can do as you please to a slave because you can

Read the dam post

Cuba mike Cuba

Read

Stealing medical supplies that do not belong to you can not be justified by any amount of numbers

A bully is so contemptable that words can not describe

This post of yours says so much

This is a post that should be headlines in every country in the world 

'America doesn't care what is rightfully yours because America can and will take what belongs to you'

By metmike - April 12, 2020, 4:40 p.m.
Like Reply

OK, sorry about that Wayne. 

That was your point the last couple of posts on this. I do see now that it's Cuba after reading it over.

I'm not sure what to say because I don't have a link or source about your comments.

I was able to pull up some stories:

Cuba says U.S. embargo is 'obstacle' to getting coronavirus-fighting supplies. Not so, says U.S.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/cuba-says-u-s-embargo-obstacle-getting-coronavirus-fighting-supplies-n1181711

"The U.S. government told NBC News that’s not the case.

According to a U.S. State Department spokesperson, in 2019 the U.S. exported $3.7 million worth of medicine and supplies to Cuba, including diagnostic equipment and supplies “to support the Cuban people.” They also authorized the export of hundreds of millions of dollars worth of medical goods in 2019.

At this moment, we have all the resources and are purchasing additional supplies as we continue,” Doctor Lázaro Silva, vice president of MediCuba, the purchasing department in the Ministry of Public Health, told NBC News.

Cuba has 620 confirmed coronavirus cases and 16 fatalities as of Saturday. The government has taken measures to help stop the spread of the virus, like closing its borders and telling Cubans to only go out if necessary.

Last month, a shipment of aid from Jack Ma, Asia’s wealthiest person and the founder of Alibaba, did not arrive in Cuba, after Colombian airline Avianca declined to take it."

https://www.avianca.com/de/en/sobre-nosotros/centro-noticias/noticias-avianca/avianca-suspende-venta-tiquetes-cuba/

I also note this:

ORGANIZATIONS CALL FOR CUBA SANCTIONS SUSPENSION TO FACILITATE HUMANITARIAN AND MEDICAL SUPPLIES AMID COVID-19 PANDEMIC

https://www.engagecuba.org/press-releases/2020/3/26/organizations-call-for-cuba-sanctions-suspension-to-facilitate-humanitarian-and-medical-supplies-amid-covid-19-pandemic

This seems to be addressed with the following release on Thursday:

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm969

Humanitarian Aid in Face of COVID-19 Pandemic

WASHINGTON—The U.S. Department of the Treasury stands with governments and citizens around the world in the global war against the COVID-19 global pandemic. The United States is committed to ensuring the international flow of humanitarian aid continues through legitimate and transparent channels.  Treasury supports the critical work of governments, international organizations, non-profit organizations, and individuals delivering medical supplies and humanitarian assistance to areas affected by COVID-19, including Iran, Venezuela, Syria, and North Korea. We simultaneously seek to mitigate the potential for this assistance to be diverted or misused by terrorists and other illicit actors. 

“Treasury sanctions do not target legitimate aid. U.S. sanctions programs allow humanitarian aid including medicine, medical devices, equipment, and agricultural products at any time. In the face of the COVID-19 global pandemic, we are acutely aware of the need for this aid to reach people,” said Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin.  “We are committed to working with financial institutions and non-profit organizations in their efforts to mitigate risks and allow humanitarian assistance and associated payments to flow to those who need it.”

metmike: That last statement seems to be quite clear on what the policy is for humanitarian aid to all countries that need it right now or any time. Cuba is saying that they have the medical supplies they need right now. The plane that got rejected last month had to do with a previous problem and does not appear to be the US trying to deprive Cuba of needed medical supplies.

If you can give me some links and sources, maybe I can address it better.

By wglassfo - April 12, 2020, 7:09 p.m.
Like Reply

Please  accept my apology for my inappropriate post

I don't want to harm a good rreelationship with you or anybody on the forum

The article I read was in Zero Hedge

I went back to check dates and the article has been removed which is the usual system used on Zero Hedge to stay current and have fresh material

Some times they will print an article using old information which is entirely possible in this situation, given the fast removal of the article

Hope we are still friends

By metmike - April 12, 2020, 8:42 p.m.
Like Reply

No problemo Wayne,

We will always be friends, regardless of disagreements or misunderstandings.

You have never violated any rules here, so I feel confident that this will continue also. 

By metmike - April 13, 2020, 11:47 a.m.
Like Reply

I've moved these posts from our data tracking thread to a more appropriate thread at the request of cutworm, who is greatly assisting us with the data tracking(and I agree this is the perfect spot for them).

Thanks cutworm and thanks Wayne and Larry for letting us know your opinions.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/49863/

Re: Tracking the Coronavirus#2-SUN-Back to much lower!            

By wglassfo - April 13, 2020, 2:47 a.m.            

You know Trump is in an almost impossible situation

Keep the lock down longer than say two weeks and he is criticized for economic damage

Open things up and sure as heck there will be an out break of infections some place and folks will say he acted too soon

No way can he win

If I was Trump I would say Fauci and other experts have advised much longer than another two weeks out of an abundance of caution 

But given how many people and business are hurting I would advice another two weeks and then let the governors decide what is best for their state

As a kicker I would advice those who are high risk to take personal protection, if they feel they should do so

Trump has to roll this out with a lot of wiggle room or he will be in trouble no matter what he decides

This way he shifts the decision to the governors who know their own situation much better than a central gov't decision

One size most certainly doesn't fit everybody and that way he should be able to avoid most of the criticism

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

By WxFollower - April 13, 2020, 3:24 a.m.            

According to the following, Trump is threatening to fire Fauci, who has been around for decades. If Trump is an idiot and fires Fauci, the backlash against him would be huge. The US as a whole trusts Fauci way more than the bullying liar and constantly self-congratulatory jackass Trump. Maybe that would eliminate his chances of winning in November. Would Trump really be that stupid? As it is, he is one of the worst Presidents ever and easily the worst of my lifetime and I've voted all GOP except for one before 2016! He NEVER takes the blame for anything. He's the anti-Truman: instead of "the buck stops here", it is "keep the buck far away from me":

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-lashes-out-at-fauci-amid-criticism-of-slow-virus-response/ar-BB12wPbh?ocid=spartanntp

By metmike - April 13, 2020, 2:28 p.m.
Like Reply

White House hits back at media speculation on Fauci, says Trump 'not firing' him

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-hits-back-at-media-speculation-on-fauci-says-trump-not-firing-him

"The White House hit back Monday at rumblings in the media about whether President Trump might be preparing to oust Dr. Anthony Fauci, calling the speculation "ridiculous" and issuing an on-record show of support for the man who is the face of the administration's coronavirus response.

Speculation of a frayed relationship between the president and the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases reached a fever pitch when Trump retweeteda message that included the hashtag "#FireFauci," but the administration now said that the reaction to the post missed the point.

Rather, Trump was just trying to respond to a media "falsehood" about the coronavirus response.

"This media chatter is ridiculous – President Trump is not firing Dr. Fauci.  The President’s tweet clearly exposed media attempts to maliciously push a falsehood about his China decision in an attempt to rewrite history," White House deputy press secretary Hogan Gidley said in a statement.

"It was Democrats and the media who ignored Coronavirus choosing to focus on impeachment instead, and when they finally did comment on the virus it was to attack President Trump for taking the bold decisive action to save American lives by cutting off travel from China and from Europe. Dr. Fauci has been and remains a trusted advisor to President Trump."

The tweet that Trump had promoted seemed to criticize Fauci for suggesting more lives could have been saved if the federal government acted earlier.

"Fauci was telling people on February 29th that there was nothing to worry about and it posed no threat to the US public at large. Time to #FireFauci..." DeAnna Lorraine, a former Republican congressional candidate, had tweeted.

"Sorry Fake News, it’s all on tape. I banned China long before people spoke up," Trump tweeted, alongside that message. The tweet comes as he's battled a recent New York Times report that said he was slow to act on the coronavirus outbreak.

Among the decisions Trump repeatedly points to in disputing that narrative is his travel ban targeted at China."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

By metmike - April 13, 2020, 2:36 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/50115/

By metmike - April 6, 2020, 7:37 p.m.            

Hate is the most destructive emotion of all.

It will cause you to lower and violate the  previous standards that you set for yourself for ethical behavior and honesty because this emotion drives you to hurt the person that you hate more than those  previous standards cause you to refrain from doing so. 

It will cause you to do and say things that are harmful to you and your reputation when the hate becomes neurotic because you become so obsessed with harming the hated person that rational thinking no longer applies.

Your interpretation of circumstances involving the hated person becomes so blatantly skewed  that the hoped for endpoint in every realm is always for them to be hurt. 

Heart blackens the heart and soul of the hater. It can ruin personal relationships and ironically, more often than not destroys the hater, not the target of their hatred.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CNN hates president trump more than they care about the health and lives of the American people. More than they care about honesty or objectivity.

The hate they have for trump drives their actions more than professional journalism. It’s more important to them than their ethical standards or their reputation.

This is the quintessential,example of why hate is the most destructive emotion of all.

It will cause you to say and do things that embarrass yourself without you realizing how embarrassing you are acting because of being blinded by the hate.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/49777/

let justice be served            

2 responses |                

Started by GunterK - April 6, 2020, 4:45 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/50115/

Much of CNN’s programming and discussions are designed and focused on hurting president trump. 

They do a lot of really positive things outside of the realm of trump but the tremendous damage that they do to the country and minds of viewers and their own reputation while trying to obliterate president trump  is greater than the good that they do.

That's hate for you.

We can learn from this. Look how hatred for one person has turned what used to be one of the most trusted news sources in the world into the fake news channel that uses yellow journalism and tabloid news  reporting every day and recently every hour.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Re: Re: Re: Trump ignored US intelligence warnings in Jan/Feb of coronavirus            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/50192/

Hate is the most destructive emotion of all!

Hate for President Trump is causing people to completely embarrass themselves with laughable statements and positions, trying to use the coronavirus pandemic to obliterate him.

By metmike - April 13, 2020, 3:03 p.m.
Like Reply

There is no denying that President Trump has more character flaws than any president in history.........by a wide margin. 

Is the meanest and is the easiest to hate, especially if you don't agree strongly with him on issues.

And the MSM uses their tremendous power to influence us by feeding that hate in almost every news report that contains President Trump. 

Their objective is to obliterate him anyway they can by spinning every story to make him look bad. 

As intelligent people, we should be able to see this by viewing objective facts.............but our cognitive bias blinds us.  And once you hate somebody..............its a done deal. Everything bad that you read about them must be correct.  They can do no right. 

They say that "love is blind" but hate is even more blind.

This statement will be seen as being one that defends President Trump(by the haters) but look it over, where is there anything above that defends Trump?

I agree that he is(character traits) all the things that the haters claim that he is.

The difference is that I don't let hate have anything to do with my judging his performance as president. I think that maybe I have eliminated my ability to hate from my being(let somebody murder my wife and then we'll see). 

That is his role you know, as president to run this country. 

I think that he's doing a great job overall but has made numerous mistakes. 

Those that hate him think that, no matter what he is always doing a horrible job. 

Again, hate blinds.........and the haters are blinded to their own hate(don't even see it).

That is part of the cognitive bias. If you realized it, by definition, you would be able offset some of it. 

And its always easy to see when SOMEBODY else that disagrees with you has bias but not yourself. 

Scientists, using the scientific method are supposed to be the most skeptical of their own theories. For human beings, this is one of the hardest things to do.

Do I have a bias favoring President Trump? 

For sure, yes partly because I spend so much time defending the relentless, unfair attacks, often based on fake news by his many enemies. If there were zero attacks on him, I would feel more of an obligation to tell the negative side that was NOT being told, which instead, is being magnified X 10 along with made up stuff.

When Trump tells lies, the MSM tells us all about it.....over and over on tv, in the paper, on social media. 

When the MSM tells lies, metmike will tell you about it because the MSM is the most sorry, pee poor entity (thanks to freedom of the press) for being able to acknowledge when they do it. 

By WxFollower - April 13, 2020, 4:37 p.m.
Like Reply

Oh, really, Mr. Wishy-washy President?

Trump: I will decide on easing coronavirus guidelines, not governors”

By Darlene Superville and Zeke Miller, Associated Press

PA Media: World News

“US president Donald Trump has asserted he is the ultimate decision-maker for determining how and when to relax the nation’s social distancing guidelines as he grows anxious to reopen the coronavirus-stricken country as soon as possible.”

By metmike - April 13, 2020, 4:59 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Larry!

I didn't get anything at that link but this one covers it (BTW, I agree that he's being wishy washy about his interpretation with regards to this)

Trump claims he, not governors, has power over states on deciding reopening country

President Trump says both "facts" and "instinct" will influence his decision.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-claims-governors-power-states-deciding-reopening-country/story?id=70119115

Metmike: I would never want to have the job of president of the US under any circumstances but at this time, this particular job has got to be the most stressful on the planet.......and with his many enemies trying to use the crisis against him.

By metmike - April 13, 2020, 6:07 p.m.
Like Reply

Today’s coronavirus update: Stimulus money rolls out, Trump won’t fire Fauci

https://nypost.com/2020/04/13/todays-coronavirus-update-stimulus-money-sent-trump-wont-fire-fauci/

By metmike - April 14, 2020, 10:55 a.m.
Like Reply

Fauci walks back coronavirus comments that sparked fears of his firing

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/13/coronavirus-anthony-fauci-clarifies-comments-that-sparked-firing-fears.html

"White House health expert Dr. Anthony Fauci on Monday walked back his recent comments about the initial U.S. response to the coronavirus, saying he used “the wrong choice of words” a day earlier when describing “pushback about shutting things down.”

Fauci’s comments from a CNN interview Sunday – in which he said that more lives “obviously” could have been saved if the U.S. made earlier efforts to contain the virus – were seen by some as a critique of the Trump administration’s handling of the crisis. 

Trump later that evening retweeted a call to ”#FireFauci.” A White House spokesman said Monday that the president “is not firing Dr. Fauci,” who “has been and remains a trusted adviser to President Trump.”

Fauci on Monday evening defended his comments, and Trump’s record on the coronavirus, while standing next to the president at the White House’s daily briefing on the disease.

“I was asked a hypothetical question” about whether lives could have been saved if mitigation policies were put in place earlier, “and hypothetical questions sometimes can get you into some difficulty,” Fauci said.

Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said that his response on CNN “was taken as a way that maybe somehow something was at fault here.”

“I’ve been up here many times telling you mitigation works,” Fauci said. “So if mitigation works and you initiate it earlier, you probably would have saved more lives. If you initiated it later, you probably would have lost more lives.”

Fauci said that the “first and only time” that he and coronavirus response coordinator Dr. Deborah Birx talked to Trump about “shutdown”-like mitigation policies, “the president listened to the recommendation and went to the mitigation.” 

When Fauci and Birx went to Trump a second time advising him to extend the White House’s social-distancing guidelines through the end of April, Trump “went with the health recommendations,” Fauci said.

Asked about his comment from the interview that “there was a lot of pushback about shutting things down back then,” Fauci said “that was the wrong choice of words.”

“When people discuss [the mitigation policies], not necessarily in front of the president but when people discuss, they say, ‘Well, you know, this is maybe going to have a harmful effect, on this or on that.’ So it was a poor choice of words,” he said. 

“It wasn’t anybody saying, ‘No, you shouldn’t do that,’” Fauci added.

Asked if he was clarifying his remarks “voluntarily,” he replied: “Everything I do is voluntarily. Please. Don’t even imply that.”

metmike: Dang, there goes another fake news story(Trump is going to fire Fauci) down the tubes. There never was any chance of that happening...............except played out in the MSM manufactured reality based on a Trump tweet that was spun to have that meaning............even after the White House called it absurd and with no other evidence.

The White House response, as posted yesterday: "Trump was just trying to respond to a media "falsehood" about the coronavirus response.

"This media chatter is ridiculous – President Trump is not firing Dr. Fauci.  The President’s tweet clearly exposed media attempts to maliciously push a falsehood about his China decision in an attempt to rewrite history," White House deputy press secretary Hogan Gidley said in a statement."

metmike: So the MSM accomplished their objective again. They abused their freedom of the press rights to misinterpret something that made President Trump look bad in order to increase the hate which people have for him.............and it worked. The Trump haters took the bait(hookline and sinker) again and had another hate tantrum over it. 

Funny how the MSM, instead of admitting THEY were wrong, are describing it as Fauci  "walking back" (taking back) what he said-it's the headline above- and suggesting that Trump pressured him to do it...............despite Fauci claiming the exact opposite. 

He is a revered authority if they think he is bumping heads with Trump but he is a puppet of Trumps when he says things good about Trump.

And you know its true!

By TimNew - April 14, 2020, 2:54 p.m.
Like Reply

We are in some gray areas with Trump's authority regarding the social distancing, etc.   The reason being,  he declared a national state of emergency.  He can certainly lift that at any time, and he has certain vehicles which give him some leverage at the state level.      But there's that pesky 10th amendment that I hold so dear.  It's generally been ignored and totally overruled by an abuse/bastardization of the interstate commerce clause.

But I digress..

There has actually been indications of bipartisan cooperation between the Whitehouse and the State Houses and I hope to see it continue..    Though, at times,  I think working with Trump can be a lot like striking a match near a powder keg

By WxFollower - April 14, 2020, 5:06 p.m.
Like Reply

Besides the "I take no responsibility" Trump reversing on what he said about closing down (his typical wishywashiness), why are the States Rights and Constitutionalist conservatives on Fox and elsewhere so quiet regarding what Trump said yesterday about forgetting the Constitution and claiming he has full power over the states in reopening up the country? The silence is deafening.

By metmike - April 14, 2020, 6:05 p.m.
Like Reply

"why are the States Rights and Constitutionalist conservatives on Fox and elsewhere so quiet regarding what Trump said yesterday about forgetting the Constitution and claiming he has full power over the states in reopening up the country? The silence is deafening."

Actually Larry, I picked ABC as the source of this story that you brought up above and avoided a conservative one because in the past, you pointed out that I was using a biased to the right source(I use CNN and CNBC all the time here too but its often to point out fake news). 

My take is that Fox and The Hill was just more balanced below with their coverage about whether the President has the ability to make this decision under these unique circumstances(national emergency) or not vs the left MSM sources that used it in another one sided bash. Trump changing his position. 

We are in uncharted territory with the historic pandemic. President Trump made some wrong assumptions for several weeks early on, partly as he relied on his advisors and while nobody else knew either(Pelosi was in China Town in late Feb, telling people to come out and join the big crowds because it was safe.........to show us that Trumps ban on China was xenophobic-I don't hold that against her- she didn't know it would be this bad-but lying about that environment and pretending that somehow Trump should have known when nobody else did is dishonest). 

With that being the case, there have been and will be constant changes, sometimes HUGE changes to plans based on adjusting as the data tells us where to go. So it's absurd to try to hold the president accountable for every previous statement, based on circumstances that were different 2 months ago or even last week.  

If he opens things up in May and the virus comes back he will be brutally attacked for doing that. If the virus continues to diminish fast in April and doesn't come back, some will be on his case for waiting too long to open things up earlier than whenever he decides that(which is being dictated by Fauci). 

There is no way for him or anybody to get everything perfect and know, every day what the exact position should be and have a magic crystal ball to tell him what the information in 2 months will show, so he will know today, what the right decision should be. 

I get that in making needed changes that he contradicts previous positions that he told us were absolutes before and it hurts his credibility. He would be like the weatherman that forecasts 100% chance of rain or 0% chance of rain all the time(when we know the weather is changing and he will get burned sometimes) and guarantee's that 12 inches of snow is going to fall and be the biggest snowstorm in history. No hedging, just over confidence in selling the forecast that he himself is convinced of.

I'm not sure why you think that there is silence at Fox. There have been numerous discussions on it below. 

Trump sparks GOP backlash with claim of 'total' power to reopen the country

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/492716-trump-sparks-gop-backlash-with-claim-of-total-power-to-reopen-the-country

Trump vs. governors: Who decides when US economy reopens after coronavirus?

A potential showdown between Trump and state governors is brewing

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/trump-vs-governors-who-decides-when-us-economy-reopens-after-coronavirus

Trump says he, not governors, has power to reopen US economy

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6149301937001#sp=show-clips

Trump says he has power to reopen US economy. Is that true?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beQgCDqDGx0