How to cut your own hair in lockdown
1 response | 0 likes
Started by metmike - April 17, 2020, 12:33 p.m.
Comments
By metmike - April 17, 2020, 12:39 p.m.
Like Reply

I cut my hair at home on Monday. Been doing it for 27 years.

What does a haircut go for today?  I pulled up the link below and it blew my mind! Do haircuts really cost that much????

Dang, I've saved alot of money by cutting my own hair since 1993.

Earlier, I was thinking that a haircut costs $15 but will have to boost that up to $20 here is Evansville.

Getting a full haircut once a month, which is close to the frequency that I use(I will trim the sides at least every 2 weeks means

saving $240/year in haircut fees. In 10 years, that's $2,400.

Since 1993, that's $6,480!

Of course there was the cost of more than 10 electric razors, most were around $20......so $200.

Then, there's the saving of gas/car wear and tear to drive at least 15 miles round trip for the haircut...saving 4,860 miles on the car.

And the time. I can cut my hair in 15 minutes.  I'm guessing that saves at least an hour vs having an appointment, driving to it  and/or waiting to get the haircut. This would be at least 324 hours. 

You should get yourself a razor and do this.  It's really, really easy. You just put different sized blades on and run it thru your hair.

The first time that I did it, I was as good as after doing it hundreds of times.

OK, after I looked at the video on the first page and watched that one poor guy struggle, it is not so easy if you don't have short hair on top like me. In that case, your hair on the top is going to require scissors cuts which are tricky, especially done by yourself but it would still be great for just a trim of the sides.  My top is short enough to use the razor and a blade.

https://www.menshairstylestoday.com/haircut-prices-barber-tip/

Men's Haircut Prices - How Much Does A Haircut Cost? (2020 Guide)
Ever wonder about the average price for a men’s haircut? While haircut prices can range from $10 to $100, the average cost of a haircut in the United States is $28. However, it is important to note that how much a haircut costs can range depending on your city, how good the barber cutting your […]
www.menshairstylestoday.com

Average Price For Men's Haircut

What do you pay for a haircut?