Trump calls the media ‘our country’s biggest enemy’
31 responses | 0 likes
Started by mojo - June 13, 2018, 10:27 a.m.

Fresh off his effusive praise of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, President Donald Trump has now declared that America’s true No. 1 enemy is its free press.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/trump-calls-media-countrys-biggest-enemy-falsely-declaring-north-korea-not-threat/

Comments
By mcfarm - June 13, 2018, 1:36 p.m.
Like Reply

trump was wrong if he did say or imply the left leaning media and the left wing crazies are our worst enemy. 30 years ago the were chaining themselves to the WH fences and marching all over the world to rid us of nukes. Now they are so taken over by the leftys that they cannot even support getting rid of North Korea's nukes....yes crazies

By GunterK - June 13, 2018, 3:39 p.m.
Like Reply

deceptive and misleading manipulation of words.....

The header of your post, as well as the title of the linked article state that Trump called the media the biggest enemy of our country

Yet, when you read Trump's quote, word for word, the word "media" was never mentioned. He called "fake news" the enemy of our country, not the "media"

Of course, since high-ranking officials of at last one of the 2 mentioned news services have already admitted that they make up news stories to please their readers and their sponsors, Trump's comment is not far off... they ARE the "fake news".

By replacing Trump's word of "fake news" with the word "media" (meaning all of our news media), the author of this article is engaging in a slippery and deceptive war of words. 

Well, as our wonderful previous First Lady once said "when they go low, we go........+

ah well.....the website you quote so frequently, takes the term "going low" to new levels, and the democratic party of today is not what it was just a few years ago.

By mcfarm - June 13, 2018, 4:16 p.m.
Like Reply

right you are gunter...many old dems rolling in their graves today.......how many old dems left politics and wound up at abc news or cnn? Hell 1/2 the Clinton WH must be employed by the media

By mojo - June 14, 2018, 10:33 a.m.
Like Reply

When Trump says "fake news" he's means the media. You know that.

By TimNew - June 14, 2018, 12:06 p.m.
Like Reply

"When Trump says "fake news" he's means the media. You know that."

Now that is hilarious...  It's like when he says "I had chicken for dinner" what he really means is "I want to nuke California off the map" and when he says, "I had a nice round of golf" what he really means is "I have always respected and adhered to the NAZI way of life"..

Once you know all the code words, it's easy to see just what a monster Trump really is.

By mojo - June 15, 2018, 7:49 a.m.
Like Reply

I didn't think I'd live to see the day when I agreed with you about anything. It's a miracle.

By TimNew - June 15, 2018, 8:31 a.m.
Like Reply

It makes perfect sense that you would agree with a purposely delusional statement.

By carlberky - June 16, 2018, 1:56 a.m.
Like Reply

I just wish that the first ammendment was as sacred as the second.

By TimNew - June 16, 2018, 7:01 a.m.
Like Reply

I can't speak for anyone else,  but I think the 1st amendment is 1st for a reason. It's the single most valuable and important God given right there is.  I'll go so far as to say the 2nd amendments primary role is to support the 1st.

Everyone has a right to say what they believe. This does not mean they are free from the consequence of the statement. It just means that "Congress shall make no laws".   If I disagree with your opinion,  I am free to express that disagreement so long as I take no action to prevent you from doing the same (Not to say I can't throw you out of my house,  but that's the limit of my right.  Also very unlikely).

The right to express opinions extends right up to the president and this right exists no matter how misguided that opinion might be.

The media's right to express opinion is also valuable.  The problem is that the media has nearly erased the barrier between opinion and news.

By TimNew - June 16, 2018, 8:08 a.m.
Like Reply

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights"

The 1st amendment, the entire bill of rights for that matter, enumerates the rights with which we are born.  The government does not grant those rights.  The constitution charges the government with protecting those rights.

By TimNew - June 16, 2018, 8:55 a.m.
Like Reply

Everyone is born with these rights, regardless of the failure of their respective governments to protect them.

The fact that the US was founded on the principles outlined in the constitution is a major reason for it being the most successful nation in the history of the world.  

Too bad so many of our citizens are losing sight of that fact.  It's leading to it's demise.  But oh well, nothing lasts forever, Huh... 

By TimNew - June 16, 2018, 11:29 a.m.
Like Reply

None of the other reasons would have mattered without the foundation laid out by the constitution.

Plenty of countries have all the resources and more.  Few do nearly as well,  most do much more poorly.

It boils down to a simple concept.  When you are free to work for things and are allowed to keep them,  most people work harder.   That leads to prosperity. 

By silverspiker - June 16, 2018, 2:40 p.m.
Like Reply

Our Liberties We Prize & Our Rights We Will Maintain

IOWA

By mcfarm - June 16, 2018, 2:47 p.m.
Like Reply

didn't Obama carry Iowa twice and maybe Hillary once.......think your motto may have to change to something like ...we are saps who believe the 7th floor fbi guys leave their bias at the door

By silverspiker - June 16, 2018, 3 p.m.
Like Reply

I believe these truths and principles  to be 'self-evident"....

... Iowa City is the San Francisco of the Midwest... (*there lies the skew of ignorance*)...

By silverspiker - June 16, 2018, 11:09 p.m.
Like Reply

The first and foremost problem with the American Media right now is "UTTER CONTEMPT PRIOR TO INVESTIGATION"

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in "EVERLASTING  IGNORANCE "

...  --- That principle is contempt prior to investigation."

By wxdavid - June 17, 2018, 10:07 p.m.
Like Reply

RIGHTS  DONT COME FROM " GOD"

By wxdavid - June 17, 2018, 10:07 p.m.
Like Reply

By mcfarm - June 18, 2018, 6:50 a.m.
Like Reply

we have lost the press. they now have an agenda. Its plan to see and read. The press used to report with an opinion page. Now the entire press is an opinion page. What is that if not fake.

By carlberky - June 18, 2018, 7:52 a.m.
Like Reply

Mc, you are right. Wish they could do something about Fox news. but there are those annoying Amendments.

By TimNew - June 18, 2018, 8:39 a.m.
Like Reply

One of the few consistencies from the left is that they condemn media bias.   But only that bias that goes against them .  Bias from MSNBC is OK... 

By TimNew - June 18, 2018, 8:43 a.m.
Like Reply

We can debate the source of rights,    but one thing is certain,  they don't come from the government, as most on the left seem to believe.  We are born with them. It's the government duty to protect the,   but they can't give us what we already have. When the government fails to do it's duty,  our duty is to change the government.

By carlberky - June 18, 2018, 8:51 a.m.
Like Reply

"One of the few consistencies from the left … ".  I'd like to think that we have more then a few, including underestimating our opponent.

By silverspiker - June 18, 2018, 10:16 a.m.
Like Reply

Apparently Vandenplas thinks that his "Creator" is the United States government...????

By mcfarm - June 18, 2018, 11:21 a.m.
Like Reply

you know it.....cradle to grave makes a great lib