You Tube censorship
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - April 28, 2020, 12:44 p.m.

Two doctors from California went on You Tube video

They were censored and the video taken down after the You Tube measage went viral

Their crime was to dare to say, on You Tube that the lock down was essentially bad for the general population's  health The video was removed

I read their Video, yesterday, and their message made a lot of sense. The two doctors had a combined 40 yrs experience in virus control

Why do we allow this censorship to happen.. This was not a foreign country trying to manipulate our media, so why do we allow somebody to censor free speech.

Especially some thing that we need to have a conversation about within our country. Their video answered a lot of questions and presented information I was not aware of. Maaybe their information needed confirmation but why take the video down??

Somebody decided this was inappropiate thus censored and removed from You Tube.

Why??? 

Comments
By WxFollower - April 28, 2020, 4:47 p.m.
Like Reply

Wayne, here’s the reason:

https://www.acep.org/corona/COVID-19/covid-19-articles/acep-aaem-joint-statement-on-physician-misinformation

“ACEP-AAEM Joint Statement on Physician Misinformation

The American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM) jointly and emphatically condemn the recent opinions released by Dr. Daniel Erickson and Dr. Artin Massihi. These reckless and untested musings do not speak for medical societies and are inconsistent with current science and epidemiology regarding COVID-19. As owners of local urgent care clinics, it appears these two individuals are releasing biased, non-peer reviewed data to advance their personal financial interests without regard for the public’s health.

COVID-19 misinformation is widespread and dangerous. Members of ACEP and AAEM are first-hand witnesses to the human toll that COVID-19 is taking on our communities. ACEP and AAEM strongly advise against using any statements of Drs. Erickson and Massihi as a basis for policy and decision making.”

By wglassfo - April 28, 2020, 11:03 p.m.
Like Reply

Okay:   I see your point of mis-leading information

But, why not just put a tab or some thing saying this video should not be taken seriously and personal profit may be the motivator for the video, peer review etc.. People can decide if given both sides of the discussion [I think they can]

Our family has over 500 acres of corn in the ground. It is April 28 and by most university standards, much to early to plant corn in our locality. So: If I made a video, should that be censored as mis-leading farming practices and not what a qualified university would ever recommend. Further to that, peer review would say that we are mis-leading other farmers as when to plant corn

Should my video showing us planting corn, yesterday or today, with a time and date stamp be censored??

Or should other farmers be able to look at our video, a close up of soil conditions, the weather forcast etc. on our farm, and decide for them selves what is best

By metmike - April 29, 2020, 2:55 a.m.
Like Reply

Wayne,

That was one of the most profound things that you've ever stated. 

Seriously, that is right on the money. We are learning new things about the coronavirus every week, sometimes every day.

There has not been an expert yet who predicted accurately what would happen  every time and/or knows everything about the virus. In fact THE worlds authority, in my opinion, Dr. Fauci  downplayed it too much in February(like most people, including me).

Actually, Wayne you were by far the closest to predicting what was going to happen than anyone.

So at the start of March, Fauci was still telling everyone to do everything like they usually do............even as the virus was spreading before we realized it. 

Then, a few weeks later, he was predicting 100,000 to 200,000 deaths and though unlikely, could not rule out a million.

Then a few weeks later the deaths were cut in half in his predictions.

I am absolutely not criticizing him for being wrong. Everybody was wrong. What I'm  saying is that during those times when he was wrong, there were some people who were right.

When he thought it was not going to be that bad in the beginning, Wayne was  alerting us to it being more serious.............. Should people with Wayne's message have been censured because it didn't match up with the message the gate keepers of information wanted everybody to believe?

Then when he ramped up the death toll, I was one to question the huge death numbers based on understanding models because models can't be programmed with assumptions/equations to represent  human behavior during a shut down for an unprecedented pandemic/virus(I don't pretend to know even a tiny fraction about diseases as Fauci). My poor wife, as well as millions of others had severe anxiety for weeks and I couldn't help her because she was convinced it was going to be much more deadly than its turned out to be.  Should I have been censured then?

With additional data, everybody can narrow the range of potential outcomes in their forecast. The more data, the better the forecasts. 

These 2 doctors are nowhere near the experts that Fauci is...........but they have data from 5,000+ tests. Why are we not getting to see their data and interpretation?

I for one, want to see the results of their data and decide for myself, regardless of what their interpretation is. We are still learning. Nobody, not even Fauci, the smartest guy on the planet about virus's knows what the % of people infected is. A few weeks ago, before the results of these studies came out, I'll bet that Fauci thought that the number infected was maybe, 10 times less than what now looks likely. 

This means that he was wrong then. What would change his mind?

Yeah, data.

Data that contradicted what everybody thought was the case earlier this month.

If we keep censuring data that contradicts what the experts think the data should show and the experts are wrong again/sometimes, it sabotages our efforts to learn from data that shows things that are new/unexpected. 

By metmike - April 29, 2020, 3:08 a.m.
Like Reply

These guys could have a conflict of interest. It's not unusual for people sharing information on youtube to have some sort of bias. In fact its more typical, though in the perfect world, our science and medicine information would be independent of that.

Regardless, unless they were doctoring or lying about the test results, the data is the data and others can look at THEIR data and come to different conclusions if justified.

But not allowing their data to be shared, in my opinion  limits our ability to gain new insights. 

By cutworm - April 29, 2020, 8:30 a.m.
Like Reply

This is why Market Form is the best place. Free to express opinions as long as you do not make personal attacks. I like to have these discussions especially when data is presented. I don't want ANYONE to censor us no matter how ridiculous it may seem at the time.   

By metmike - April 29, 2020, 11:18 a.m.
Like Reply

The posts here are just too good to NOT revive a post of the week feature for it. 

Thanks very much Wayne, WxFollower and Cutworm.............and Gunter.

Sometimes we have 2 posters that simultaneously make the same points in different threads. 

ER doctor blows the Fauci/Gates narrative to pieces            

6 responses |             

Started by GunterK - April 24, 2020, 4:16 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/51134/

Larry,

We really need you here and especially appreciate your views to help balance the bias to the right.