Business after opening up the economy
0 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - May 1, 2020, 1:34 a.m.

My sson has a small manufacturing plant

Every week he has maybe 1 or more setss of blue prints sent to him, asking for a quote to produce x amount/week/month etc.

Some are rejected out of hand as uneconomical for his plant, some he sends in a quote. Most reqquire several hrs of preparation, perhaps new equipment etc. and then usually more ofen than not, a rejection of the quote.

But he has enough eccepted to make a living, some yrs are much better than others.

Now having seen the world effecttively shut down with a virus, mostly out of feaar and the unknown, what do you do going forward, wheen supply cchains can be broken, when ever the next virus shuts the economy down.

Do we have a new unknown elemant that has a blue print of what could happen, if the powers that be shut his plant down. Does he rely on unknown business loans that may have to be paid back, adding to debt that was not calculated, in the quote to produce X amount of gizzmos

The unknown fact that business could be shut down at any time will always stay with this generation of business people

This has to have a cost some place to society, in any number of ways, we will live to find out. Will this cost be minor or more is yet to be known but I am sure we will pay a price.

Example: How willing will banks be, to lend for expansion of new resturant or bar openings??  Will lending requirements change for those seeking capital for a new resturant or bar??? Will our choice of resturants/bars be more limited after opening of the economy. What about a really good steak house. Will that really good steak house be further distant, thus going that far will be reduced. Will a local play house and evening eatery be closed for good, thus our enjoyment of live plays at local locations, be no more??

Will McDonalds charge more for the same menue due to higher cost of supplies

Many business might have to re-adjust prices higher post opening up to pay debt or any number of added costs.

My local meat shop is forced to charge higher prices for meat. Farmers recieve less for their market animals

All because of a virus or something similiar, that could shut us down once again. The die has been cast, forever remembered and lives shaped and changed, for at least a generation

Can or would we make this same mistake again. Was it a mistake to shut down. What are the metrics to shut down again

I have no answer, except I am sure this will be costly and ruin many lives or families

I hear you 7475

Just pissin and moanin

Comments
No replies yet. Be the first!