Lock down
1 response | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - May 1, 2020, 3:50 a.m.

I have been reading an increasing amount of material that suggests the individual writing in protest of the lock down is increasing in volume and numbers of individuals

Each has their reason but it all boils down to dis-satisfaction with the current lock down. Even partial lifting of the lock down does not satisfy most writers/people willing to express their thoughts

The only road block to opening up the economy entirely comes from self professed experts, politicians who are scared witless about  making the wrong political decision and the MSM. We are also partially to blame for accepting our leaders decisions in their trampling of our freedoms etc.. No wonder McConnel wants a law absolving all liability clams against the gov't. He sugar coated the statement by saying business needs protection when Trump signed the back to work order by saying Tyson's needed liability insurance only the gov't could provide, but he neglected to say the gov't also needed protection from any liability law suits

As far as I know this liability issue will be included in the next stimulas bill negotiations between Dems and repubs

I also know there is such a thing as peer pressure. In other words it is hard to be labelled a denier

If your section manager or boss comes up with some kind of crazy arse idea such and such a project or out put, or deadline for completion of a project or?? can be done and you have credible evidence this crazy arse idea has no chance of succeeding, do you voice your objections when all around you, you sense everybody else is on side with your boss, do you become a denier and voice your objections with well under stood points of reference or do you meekly go along to get along with the majority.

It takes a mountain of courage to speak truth to power

I wish I ccould go on Face book or some kind of social media platform and find out how many or what % really want the lock down to end now or when the experts tell us it is the proper time

It would look some thing like this

End of lock down now      Wait for guidance    No  opion

Comments
Re: Lock down
0 likes
By metmike - May 2, 2020, 2:27 p.m.
Like Reply

No doubt there are many ongoing polls about this right now..............and the differences from state to state are enormous...........as they should be with most states not having a major problem.

Reopening America: A state-by-state breakdown of the status of coronavirus restrictions

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/30/coronavirus-states-lifting-stay-at-home-orders-reopening-businesses.html