Registering
5 responses | 1 like
Started by metmike - June 13, 2018, 8:45 p.m.

Currently, we have less than 3 dozen people registered that have their emails verified..........which are the only ones that can post. 

We are providing massive weather and trading information here that no other place has............for free.  Once people find this place, if they follow commodities, especially those effected by the weather, they will want to stop by frequently 

It looks like some here might be having problems verifying their email address, which is needed to complete registration with the updates made earlier this week. 

If you are uncertain on how to register or to have your email verified,  just go to "Guide" or "About" and scroll down for directions. If you are having any problems, please go to "Contact" and I will try to assist you.

One way that you can assist us, is to pass the word around about us on facebook or in your circle of associates. I greatly appreciate any assistance. This site will always be free of charge but hopefully, provide information worth more value than stuff people pay alot of money for. 

metmike

Comments
Re: Registering
0 likes
By 7475 - June 13, 2018, 9:57 p.m.
Like Reply

metmike

I just Googled "futures and commodities trading forums" and didnt see any mention of Market Forum and to tell the truth not much else that looked promising.

How do you get on that Google list?? im not the tech guy to ask but if MF was listed there more traffic might be generated.

That bites about your contacts going to spam.

when you contacted me a couple weeks ago your email came right thru.

thanks again for your efforts.

John-JPJT

By metmike - June 13, 2018, 10:34 p.m.
Like Reply

Great idea John, thanks

It looks like I'm having a bit more success using a different gmail account that I've had for a decade. 

By cutworm - June 13, 2018, 11:41 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Mike For some reason my email was slow today.

Thanks for all the info, Great job!

Re: Registering
0 likes
By MarkB - June 13, 2018, 11:57 p.m.
Like Reply

It would really be helpful if the current data heads that are screwing the registrations up, would just stop!!!!!!!!!!! They are causing much confusion and problems. We just got a response from Berky. At this rate, it will take him 6 months to figure out how to log back in.

Edit; I found MF from a webcrawl search 20some years ago. Been here ever since. Doesn't even show up now. Security is like we are swapping credit card numbers. Way too much. If you have any plans at all of rebuilding this forum, then it's going to have to be found, and it's going to have to be easily accessible.

Get on these IT nerds and get them straight!!! They are really messing up this forum bad!!

By metmike - June 14, 2018, 12:29 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Cutworm and Mark,

Chris, the web designer and main "data head" has fixed most of the problems, trained me and made several positive changes. The one that I'm happiest about is the "NTR" button on the left that we can use to go to the NTR forum without having to scroll way down the page.

MarketForum's functionality is light years improved from the way it was just 6 weeks ago............when it was dead.

With regards to changing the registration process. Hopefully the current method will work and for sure its a huge improvement. However, if there is a persistent issue that keeps effecting many people..........and I know what it is, then I will address it. 

Chris would likely change it if that was the case.

The old registration process kept failing my tests. The new one has worked well for me, despite  causing some confusion with others.