Registration
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - June 13, 2018, 8:54 p.m.

Currently, we have less than 3 dozen people registered that have their emails verified..........which are the only ones that can post. 

We are providing massive weather and trading information here that no other place has............for free.  Once people find this place, if they follow commodities, especially those effected by the weather, they will want to stop by frequently 

It looks like some here might be having problems verifying their email address, which is needed to complete registration with the updates made earlier this week. 

If you are uncertain on how to register or to have your email verified,  just go to "Guide" or "About" and scroll down for directions. If you are having any problems, please go to "Contact" and I will try to assist you.

One way that you can assist us, is to pass the word around about us on facebook or in your circle of associates. I greatly appreciate any assistance. This site will always be free of charge but hopefully, provide information worth more value than stuff people pay alot of money for. 

metmike

I actually think that our NTR forum has the most potential because the majority of the world is an NTR world. 

Comments
By zapp - June 16, 2018, 6:18 p.m.
Like Reply

Greetings Mike...I got your email about resurrecting the forum...terribly sorry to hear about Alex...he lived less than an hour from me...I lurk on occasion but there isn’t much disussion on the long bond here (no where else either really)...I’ll make a point to stop in and visit when I can...I still swing trade bonds regularly...glad to see a lot of old alums still here...altho I never got to speak with greenman  he was a huge help to me years ago and I wish he was still posting...he traded bonds quite a bit...anyway, glad to hear from you and glad you’re picking up the gauntlet.

Where’s Susan??

By ab - June 17, 2018, 12:24 p.m.
Like Reply

Zapp, we never talked at all back in the day but i do remember your handle.  i would stop by at market forum occasionally just to look around and sometimes say a word or two. 

but if I remember correctly Susan passed away maybe 3 or 4 years ago, can't remember or know any more details than that.

ab

By metmike - June 17, 2018, 11:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Hi zapp,

Wonderful to hear from you. Ab is correct that Susan died several years ago. Unfortunately, the posts/records from the old forum are gone forever, so I can't go back to find the date.

Greenman was awesome..........here and when I spoke with him frequently(and emailed) back in the 2002/3 period.

He actually contacted local and myself early in 2002, I think it was and asked that we have a little club to email each other every day on our analysis and trades.

We were all successful but used entirely different strategies.

Greenman referred to me as the world best weather trader(which in recent years, I have not been). It was funny though that we shared info on our trading but never used the others guys stuff.............at least I didn't.

I remember one of Greenman's favorite set ups. He called it "gap and crap"

When a market gapped higher or lower than the previous days trading range on the open, after a move in that same direction....... then filled the gap. 

He liked to use the gap filling as a signal that the buying or selling had been exhausted  and would put on a trade in the opposite direction of that exhausted move, with a stop above the highs/lows of the move. 

Natural gas tonight has a weak gap and crap signal.........gapping higher on the open and barely filling the gap. Weather markets are notorious for throwing out bad signals and fake outs. If the forecast turn hotter overnight, then we will probably make new highs for the move.

If they cool off, this might be a good spot to go short with a stop above this evenings highs.  However, ng is also notorious for spiking just above resistance and below support and taking out tight stops, then reversing.

By metmike - June 18, 2018, 12:03 p.m.
Like Reply

Later today, I will try to get a list of everybody registered here and post it in the library.