Pitchforks and torches
1 response | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - May 14, 2020, 5:28 p.m.

I posted about this previously and pitchforks and torches was figure of speech to indicate the public gathering in the street in opposition to the gov't

Well:   As I predicted this anger has come, and has happened

In Michigan the public has gathered not once but twice in the streets , in opposition to decisions made by the govenor and legislature . Some protestors were seen in military clothes carring long guns. No violent action was taken by the protestors but if it happened in Michigan, then it will happen else where. The people in Michigan want to re-open for business, You can bet other people in different places will hear about Michigan, and have their own protest. The fact guns are carried by protestors is a danger to the public and those required to enforce the law. One mistake could be deadly

The people are rising up in anger and today the term "pitchforks and torches" speaks of another time in the past, but the message is the same

Comments
By metmike - May 16, 2020, 1:53 p.m.
Like Reply

I agree that these people should not be bringing guns to the protests.

The type of people protesting and bringing the guns are some of the least likely to actually use them, except to defend themselves and they are just trying to demonstrate for freedom but it looks really bad.

They all have the same thing in mind and are not confronting each other, which would be the atmosphere more favorable for somebody to lose their cool and use a gun but it just looks real bad.

One could make a case that all the protests are peaceful and it shows that people with guns are actually peaceful........but it just looks bad.