Pompeo says he asked Trump to fire inspector general
0 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - May 18, 2020, 7:43 p.m.

Pompeo says he asked Trump to fire inspector general because he was 'undermining' the State Department

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/18/politics/pompeo-inspector-general-firing-explanation/index.html

"It is not possible that this decision, or my recommendation, rather, to the President, rather, was based on any effort to retaliate for any investigation that was going on, or is currently going on," Pompeo said. "Because I simply don't know. I'm not briefed on it. I usually see these investigations in final draft form 24 hours, 48 hours, before the IG is prepared to release them."

"So it's simply not possible for this to be an act of retaliation. End of story," he said."

metmike: This actually makes sense. Also, it's possible that Pompeo would be less likely to fire the guy if he knew that he was being investigating him because of exactly how the guy can go to the MSM like this and have it be headline news to use to smear Pompeo. 

Of course it's possible that Pompeo wanted him fired because it leaked out that he was being investigated by him.

My impression of Pompeo is that he is doing a wonderful job, is very stable, uses rational judgment and communicates his reasoning well. 

Of course most people will just know that he is in the Trump administration and use that to decide if he is doing a good job or not. 

Comments
No replies yet. Be the first!