Susan Rice email to herself
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - May 20, 2020, 2:11 p.m.

One of the most strange emails, written to herself..............more than 2 weeks after the events.

And written, with verbiage that suggests trying to shed a positive light on a situation to protect individuals(cover up).

1. This was not an exchange, that makes it more credible as in a conversation between 2 parties that agree with the facts or statements.

2. To me, it suggests the complete opposite. 2 weeks after something questionable happened(not when it happened), realizing with time that there may be an investigation about those questionable tactics....then manufacturing documentation that says the exact opposite happened to cover their tracks. This is speculation by me, not based on provable facts. 

3. How often do people in this sort of situation send emails like this to themselves? Almost never that I know of. This apparently was not a habit of Susan Rice's either, so there was something unique about why she was motivated to create this document trying to shed a positive light on a situation for the future and using the term "going by the book" to describe it. 

4. And of course she was likely creating this document to protect those involved. How do we know? Email is designed as a resource to use in communicating with others.  I've sent stuff to myself and with reminders and data sources that I want to save. But this is different and appears to be not consistent with her previous emails. The only thing that makes sense is that she knew something was being done NOT by the book and would be investigated because of questionable tactics and wanted to take a pre emptive strike by creating this document........to memorialize something that happened over 2 weeks earlier(very strange for sure).  We assume that everything is always done by the book if you are doing your job right? Why, of all the hundreds of situations she was involved in did she feel the need to create a document stating they were "going by the book" for just this case?

KT McFarland: Why 'nothing makes sense' about the Susan Rice email to herself

https://www.foxnews.com/media/kt-mcfarland-susan-rice-email-flynn-nothing-makes-sense

The Susan Rice email isn't any sort of smoking gun

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/politics/susan-rice-email-michael-flynn/index.html

Comments
By metmike - May 20, 2020, 2:15 p.m.
Like Reply

This memo has been out there for over 2 years, with similar interpretations BEFORE the Mueller report was released.

Susan Rice memo trying to cover up Obama's tracks?

•Feb 13, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY85fT3Df1o

By metmike - May 20, 2020, 2:22 p.m.
Like Reply

Nothing will come of this and I'm not trying to vilify Obama or Biden but its in the news today and I'm just presenting an observation of what makes sense to me.

It is clear that questionable serveillence was taking place of Trump people, followed by a 2.5 year investigation that found no collusion and created numerous crimes(from the investigation itself, that were not committed before the investigation) and this appears to be part of the accepted atmosphere by the people who were working together to accomplish the same thing. 

I just hope that we can learn lessons from this so that it minimizes the chances of US citizens ever being treated like this again.........yeah, that's dreaming.

By metmike - May 20, 2020, 9:11 p.m.
Like Reply

White House counsel advised Susan Rice to write memo on Oval Office discussion about Michael Flynn

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house-counsel-advised-susan-rice-to-write-memo-on-oval-office-discussion-about-michael-flynn

“Why would you write a memorandum to the record for yourself unless you assumed that somebody was going to come and look for those clues, that somebody was potentially going to come after the fact and see that they’ve done something wrong?” McFarland said."

metmike: I completely agree with that. Why write a memo telling yourself that things were done by the book 3 different times? That's makes no sense unless you DIDN'T do things by the book but think that when people investigate, it can be used as evidence as a document that things were done by the book.

How  many other emails has she written to herself that use that term "by the book" numerous times?

And over 2 weeks AFTER the event?

Hugh?

Not only does it suggest NOT by the book but enough understanding of intentionally choosing of NOT doing it by the book to create this document to state it numerous times.

Again, nothing will come of this but an innocent person does not act this way in my OPINION.

If they are doing things by the book, there is nothing to worry about. Their actions and the record will show that.

It's proven indisputably that the FBI and Comey did NOT do things by the book in the Flynn case but obviously we have others that knew that now include Rice and those implicated in the email to herself(Obama).

It sometimes puzzles me about the way people think. If not for this email, if Rice had stated today that she didn't know anything about this that can't be proved, I would  probably believe her. But this email to herself indicates she knew exactly what was going on and was worried that an investigation of the facts, would not be sufficient to show they were not breaking any laws.