Trump’s conspiracy theory about Joe Scarborough being a murderer
8 responses | 0 likes
Started by WxFollower - May 26, 2020, 4:23 p.m.

"The widower of a woman whose 2001 death has become fodder for baseless conspiracy theories spread by President Donald Trump is appealing directly to the head of Twitter to take down the president‘s tweets.

'I’m asking you to intervene in this instance because the President of the United States has taken something that does not belong to him — the memory of my dead wife — and perverted it for perceived political gain,' Timothy J. Klausutis wrote in a letter to Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, which was dated last week but gained attention Tuesday when The New York Times’ Kara Swisher published it in an op-ed."

"Klausutis’ wife, Lori, died at age 28 from a fall precipitated by an undiagnosed heart condition, as confirmed by the medical examiner and police. Nineteen years later, her death is making headlines because of her employer at the time: then-Rep. Joe Scarborough (R-Fla.). She was working in a Florida office, while Scarborough was in Washington at the time of her death."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/26/scarborough-twitter-trump-conspiracy-281738

Why do Trump supporters not condemn this? I don't get it. Why does it wait for someone like myself? I'd expect folks of good moral character to do so. But alas, the vast majority of them stay silent. Despicable. Trump is a classless piece of crap and nobody will be able to convince me otherwise. What bothers me more are the folks who support him, especially supposedly "good Christians". The "good Christians" in my younger days would have never have put up with this and I had the utmost respect for them. Therefore, my feeling about self-labeled "good Christians" today has been severely tainted. I'm sure a decent portion still have earned that label but I feel a much higher % have not vs a few decades. Sad.

Comments
By WxFollower - May 26, 2020, 4:41 p.m.
Like Reply

"GOP Congressman Asks Trump to Stop Spreading 'Unfounded' Joe Scarborough Conspiracy: 'It Will Destroy Us''

"Republican Congressman Adam Kinzinger of Illinois on Sunday asked President Donald Trump to stop spreading baseless conspiracy theories about Joe Scarborough."

"Kinzinger called Trump's claims 'completely unfounded conspiracy,' and urged the president to 'stop spreading it, stop creating paranoia.'"

''It will destroy us,' the GOP lawmaker added."

https://www.newsweek.com/gop-congressman-asks-trump-stop-spreading-unfounded-joe-scarborough-conspiracy-it-will-destroy-1506273

Kinzinger is very conservative. Thank you, sir, for saying these things. I have an enormous amount of respect for what you've done here.

The fact that any intelligent person can believe anything coming out of Trump's mouth is astonishing.

By GunterK - May 26, 2020, 4:48 p.m.
Like Reply

this accusation is clearly absurd... if it came for a regular person's mouth...  but coming from the POTUS???? yikes... this will hurt his chances

By metmike - May 26, 2020, 6:53 p.m.
Like Reply

It's very pathetic when President Trump acts this way. 

And it defines the worst in him. It's one thing when he does these sort of defensive(attacking somebody that he thinks attacked him first-which could be literally thousands of potential targets ) with an insane, unfounded tweet attack directed at his enemy but he also will do it outside of the Twitter realm and in moments of victory, not just because he is losing and desperate as his critics claim.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/47088/

He is  the reality show president )-:

The sad thing is that the MSM know this about him(as do dems like Pelosi)  and try to push his buttons and like it when he reacts with an offensive/despicable response(sometimes he can do it without an intentional trigger but it usually comes from him convinced he got unfairly attacked first).

A perfect situation for them to feature his tweet as their top story for a couple of days. 

He is absolutely 100% responsible for all his actions and words but its sad to have an MSM that gives him even more attention for it and probably, positive reinforcement. 

I am against censoring most items including Trumps offensive tweets but if tweets like this from Trump were censored it would be understandable. 

After all, a tweet like that has a great potential to be extraordinarily inflammatory (and actually damage Trump more than anyone) while providing ZERO credible, useful or positive information. 

I am not saying censor this........ because we should be allowed to decide for ourselves what we want to reject or not,  just that stuff like this is exactly what provides a legit case for one side to argue for censoring. 

However, if any of Trumps tweets would get censored, it would result in incredible controversy and possibly backfire on the entity that censors him.

Many people, instead of being outraged at his words, would defend his right to use those words. 

Personally, I would like to read and see everything there is to see and know and have the opportunity to judge for myself but our country has a super duper mega problem with hate and divisiveness, along with fake news and conspiracy theories. The problem in reigning that in is that the ones making the decisions of what to keep and what to censor would not always be able to make the right call. 

Strange to even have a discussion about the potential for the  president of the US to have some of their tweets censored. Wow!

By metmike - May 27, 2020, 1:20 p.m.
Like Reply

As I suspected, there are people from one side pushing to have Trumps tweets censored.......and the reaction from the other side is predictable............not defending what Trump said/says but his right to say it:

Meltdown: CNN's Don Lemon Begs Twitter to Stop Protecting First Amendment Rights Over Trump's Tweets

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2020/05/27/meltdown-cnns-don-lemon-begs-twitter-to-stop-protecting-first-amendment-rights-over-trumps-tweets-n2569516

ps I was at this site after Tim steered us there earlier today and noticed the article above.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/52864/

By metmike - May 27, 2020, 6:36 p.m.
Like Reply

I've already expressed my opinion on what I thought about President Trump bringing this up, so please don't accuse me providing additional facts/information to defend him.

He should have never brought this up and he should drop it now.

But since it's not going away, I will just provide the facts that HE THINKS are important enough that others should know so that it damages the reputation of this guy. Could those facts be legit? Sure, there's  actually an outside chance. There does appear to be some suspicious looking things but I am guessing that if I spent more time researching everything, there won't be enough beyond some unusual things that seem to be attracting the attention of his political enemies/Trump, lacking any substantive evidence(totally unlike Joe Biden's situation in the Ukraine).

So here is what this does.

Going after Joe Scarborough like this just obliterates President Trumps objectively and credibility. It shows that he is just going after a political foe/enemy and firing blanks, then doubling down using a bb gun, when the other side has a machine gun. It doesn't even matter if Scarborough did this(not likely). It makes no sense, based on the flimsy evidence to suddenly take a stand on something that you/he WILL LOSE. It shows a disconnect by Trump to realities.

So when he embarrasses himself on this, then has the same position on Biden with some powerful facts that suggest there was nepotism with certainty and a deal with the Ukraine president firing a prosecutor to get a billion dollars, that happened for sure and Biden was the man carrying it out...........REAL facts that should be investigated............it's the Boy who cried Wolf and people just think it's just Trump attacking his foe's for political gain again with no justification.

It's very possible that Trump can't actually tell the difference here. His attempt of a Biden investigation is actually turning up evidence,  as noted by the recent phone call between Biden and the Ukraine president cutting the deal.

I will guess that this has embolden him, with his massive ego to think that he can do the same thing with Scarborough and that maybe people will look into it closer and new information will come out, like it has Biden. So I am providing some of the "old" information on the next couple of pages, not because I think it justifies what Trump is doing or an investigation but to show what he has(not enough for it to do anything but backfire on him).

By metmike - May 27, 2020, 6:38 p.m.
Like Reply

FLASHBACK: Evidence Shows Foul Play Likely in Scarborough Aide’s Suspicious Death in His Congressional Office

https://truepundit.com/flashback-evidence-shows-likely-foul-play-in-scarborough-aides-suspicious-death-in-his-congressional-office/

Jennifer Van Bergen, writing at Truthout, provides a summary of the oddities surrounding Lori Klausutis’s death:

* The congressman (an ardent and vocal supporter of G.W., by the way) resigns only six months after re-election, just prior to his aide’s death. The reason: amid rumors of marital infidelity, the recently-divorced husband wants to spend more time with his sons.* A medical examiner who had his license revoked in another state. Why? He lost it falsifying autopsies.

* The medical examiner’s supervisor had contributed thousands of dollars to the congressman’s election campaign.

* Contradictory reports about whether there is a visible head injury or not.

* A medical conclusion that contains several inconsistencies. First, that Mrs. Klausutis, who was a marathon runner, died of a cardiac arrhythmia. Second, that although she had suffered a fractured skull and a “contracoup” bruise on the opposite side of the brain, the injury could not possibly have been caused by a physical assault.

* Then there’s the question of whether the office was locked and the lights were on. One report says the door was locked and the lights were off; another report says the door was unlocked and the lights were on.

By metmike - May 27, 2020, 6:40 p.m.
Like Reply

FLASHBACK: Here’s the 2003 Imus Clip Which Kayleigh McEnany Claimed Showed Joe Scarborough Joking About Intern’s Death

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/flashback-heres-the-2003-imus-clip-which-kayleigh-mcenany-claimed-showed-joe-scarborough-joking-about-interns-death/

By metmike - May 27, 2020, 6:42 p.m.
Like Reply

Donald Trump doubles down on claiming Joe Scarborough was involved in staffer's 'murder' saying 'there's no statute of limitations' and dismisses her widower's plea to Twitter to delete conspiracy theory tweets

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8359033/White-House-tries-blame-Joe-Scarborough-Donald-Trump-spreading-conspiracy-theories.html

• For weeks President Trump has used Twitter to suggest 'Morning Joe' host Joe Scarborough murdered a Congressional aide who worked in his Florida office
  • The president doubled down on that conspiracy theory Tuesday afternoon calling the death of aide Lori Klausutis 'very suspicious'
  • Trump said he had seen a letter written by Klausutis' widower to Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey asking for the president's tweets to come down
  • 'But I'm sure ultimately they want to get to the bottom of it and it's a very serious situation,' Trump said in reaction to the letter
  • Trump also blasted Scarborough 'having a lot of fun at her expense' in a 2003 interview with radio show host Don Imus
  • The 2003 clip shows Imus making a joke about a dead intern, while Scarborough seems to laugh
  • Police found no evidence of foul play in the death of Klausutis, who had an undiagnosed heart problem and fell at work