Double standard of liberals between COVID and riots
26 responses | 0 likes
Started by WxFollower - June 2, 2020, 1:56 p.m.

I saw this elsewhere and it largely reflects my own thoughts:

“What a difference a week makes. if someone was in a coma and woke up today and watch the news they wouldn't even know we were in the middle of a pandemic”

Why is the spread of COVID due to a lack of social distancing suddenly not important any more to many? And now some on the left are even defending riots by mobs of people standing just one foot apart from each other destroying property of innocent people as ok due to frustration? So, it is ok just due to frustration for rioting that not only damaged businesses but also will likely soon lead to a new increase in COVID cases? And in many cases, this damage is to black owned small businesses as well as businesses employing many black people. What an insane double standard world we live in. I can’t stand this BS!

As MM said elesewhere, Don Lemon on CNN as been ridiculous in practically givng the ok to rioting. 

Here is another quote from elsewhere:

“I am struggling to really care about these COVID orders from the governors and mayors when they are basically silent on the huge mobs in their cities who are surely spreading COVID to each other day and night. Makes it seem pretty silly to be worried about going to get a haircut, no?”

For the record, I have been and still remain concerned as much as before about COVID spread. I’m not suddenly changing my tune like so many on the left are doing. The point of this post is to point out the double standard on the left. Suddenly COVID doesn't matter so much now?? It still does to me!

Comments
By metmike - June 2, 2020, 3:09 p.m.
Like Reply

Great post Larry!

When somebody from the right posts a message like this, it's almost expected because bias, even when it's correct has them focused on what the left is doing wrong.

When a neutral, less biased person who sometimes hammers the right(justifiably) for being biased has the same view and articulates it well from the objective viewpoint, it's very powerful.

Your post is very powerful.

It's especially wonderful that you made the point of these huge crowds gathering in the midst of a pandemic causing the MSM to suddenly reverse their position on people gathering in huge crowds from being life threatening dangerous.........to being essential.

And that would be totally ok/justifiable  if these were peaceful protests contributing many positives towards advancing racial justice...........instead of destroying, committing crimes, hurting many thousands of innocent people, creating chaos and INCREASING hate. 

Some in the MSM only see things this way.

1. Is it good for Donald Trump?

2. Is it bad for Donald Trump?

By metmike - June 2, 2020, 8:36 p.m.
Like Reply

I got duped by CNN today!

Big time.

I've been watching CNN all day to hear the crazy things they are saying and attacking Trump with. I was going to make several posts, reporting  on it but decided, I already made my points enough times and 10 more examples were not going to add anything new. While they spent the entire day attacking Trump with insane viewpoints and guests, they were calling the protestors peaceful and some anchors not even mentioning violence.

I honestly was thinking, "there you go, Trumps threats last night sure calmed things down" because we are no longer seeing all those incidents of violence..............burning businesses/building, looting, vandalizing and so on. 

I did not do a big search on the internet as I was busy doing other things but was surprised to read about all the crime in NYC last night from Gov. Cuomo since I did not see it on CNN and assumed it was just the exception.

Then, I turned on Fox for the first time today. Tucker Carlson  at 7pm. Lead story. 6 policeman were shot in the last 24 hours, 1 dead.

WTHeck! You mean to tell me that this is not news on CNN!!! These are supposedly peaceful protesters?

Fortunately, I will never rely on just CNN for my news on any one day again and should have known better but imagine the many millions of others that just got their news from CNN today?

A sad brainwash being perpetrated on Americans by some dishonest people at CNN. I suspect that CNBC does a similar thing from watching in the past but nothing like this and I did not watch them, so I can't comment. I am sure the other major networks, though biased, report the news much more objectively than CNN. 

Retired St. Louis police captain killed amid unrest

https://q13fox.com/2020/06/02/retired-st-louis-police-captain-killed-amid-unrest/

This actually makes me want to NEVER watch CNN again but I will, of course. I still want to hear what they are saying because tens of millions of real people will getting their news from them and shaping their opinions of these events based on what CNN is telling them. 

I know that Fox is very biased to the right but it was so surreal, to turn them on for the first time today and suddenly realize I had living in sort of, a fake reality all day watching CNN and was back in the real world. 

By metmike - June 2, 2020, 8:39 p.m.
Like Reply

Black lives matter right?

What about this man's life:

Retired St Louis police captain David Dorn, pictured, was shot dead Tuesday by looters who had broken into his friend's pawn shop, officials said

By metmike - June 2, 2020, 9 p.m.
Like Reply

'Mayhem': 4 police officers shot during long night of violence and destruction in St. Louis        

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/mayhem-4-police-officers-shot-during-long-night-of-violence-and-destruction-in-st-louis/article_87ac7e92-e6bf-59d9-8488-10c7fe462063.html

ST. LOUIS — Four police officers were shot in downtown St. Louis early Tuesday as a day of peaceful protests turned into a violent and destructive night in the city. 

Hundreds of people had gathered across the St. Louis region Monday to protest the Memorial Day death of George Floyd in Minneapolis. A rally in O'Fallon, Missouri, drew upward of 2,000 people and featured marchers walking arm-in-arm with police officers.

But tensions rose after the sun fell in downtown St. Louis.

Just after midnight, four officers, all men, were shot near 16th and Olive streets. All four were conscious and authorities said their injuries were not thought to be life-threatening.

"I believe some coward randomly shot at the police line," St. Louis police Chief John Hayden said. 

Hayden held a news conference about 1:45 a.m. and said two officers were shot in the leg, one was shot in the foot and one more was shot in the arm. 

An exasperated Hayden said he was trying to make sense of the night's "mayhem."

"I don't know what else to say," Hayden said. "This is horrible."

metmike: The thing that struck me when looking at this picture was the address.......Martin Luther King Boulevard. Almost every town/city in the country has a Martin Luther King Boulevard to honor, what I consider the greatest/bravest American in our life time. 

And several MSM sources were mischaracterizing  a partial quote of his over the weekend, as part of a speech in which he condemned violent protesting as he ALWAYS did, to make it sound as if he was condoning it and would be supporting this. 

I'm sure that MLK would be no fan of President Trumps(but I am 100% certain that he would not hate him or try to get other people to hate him) but please, how much lower can some of these sources get in dishonoring MLK by giving the youth of today, who have no clue what that man did or stood for, the exact wrong impression of him.

How to make the world a better place June 1, 2020            

Started by metmike - June 1, 2020, 12:05 a.m.        

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/53106/

By GunterK - June 2, 2020, 11:53 p.m.
Like Reply

this may be slightly off-subject, but I think it's worthwhile mentioning...

Today, I rode through a commercial street in our suburb.... a street lined on both sides with one-story mom-and-pop businesses. To my surprise, I saw a large number of them boarded up with plywood.

I was surprised, because, up to now, this area had been far away from the protesting and rioting. After 2 months of lockdowns, these stores were already suffering... and now they were apparently preparing for even worse.

Then I saw one store, with a huge line of people out front, all the way down the block, and the line then extending into the side street (they were properly spaced...lol). I wondered what food they were selling there.... but it wasn't food.... it was a gun store.

I am getting an ominous feeling

By metmike - June 3, 2020, 2:55 a.m.
Like Reply

It is getting pretty scary Gunter and it was a good place to put it.

I normally watch CNN part of the time, Fox part of the time and ABC nightly news.

Today, for me watching CNN was totally captivating...........sort of like when you are driving down the highway and there is a huge accident and everybody slows down because they want to see it. It might be ugly but they can't resist looking. 

They spent the entire day attacking President Trump in ways that were unprecedented, even for them. Suddenly, COVID-19 was not news anymore. Neither was protestor violence. Today, on CNN we were given the impression, most of the time that the protestors were peaceful.

The headlines much of the time were about his made for television, staged photo op on Monday in front of the church that was damaged from violent protesters the previous night.

He was holding a bible in front of the church and telling the American people he was for law and order. Clearly, this was to appeal to his religious supporters on the right. This set off everybody at CNN like nothing I've every witnessed.............even by them.  They made it their mission to try portray this act as evil.

I watched 3 different Protestant Ministers come on CNN saying things that I never thought a church leader of Christians would say. One of them was constantly led on by Don Lemon with questions like, In your opinion, would a real Christian act this way? Do you think that Donald Trump even goes to church? That was not Donald Trumps bible was it?

The other 2 needed no coaching. They condemned Donald Trump for  using the church and Christians for his staged television photo op. I can understand that but they condemned him for not praying and for using the bible, which was  sacrilegious in their opinion and not behaving like a Christian. 

Wow! I don't ever remember so much meanness and hatred coming from Christian faith leaders.  Powerful opinions from experts on praying and behaving like Christians...............but wait, why weren't they praying or calling for prayer? For healing, forgiveness, love and coming together? Trump is the president, not an expert on Christianity(though he was, admittedly using Christianity for his political agenda on Monday) but they were holding him to some high standards, that they were blatantly violating themselves on CNN with their condemnation.  Trump did not pray, it's true but none of them did any praying or asking that our country pray for Trump or pray for healing or pray for anything..........and they are supposed to be the experts on praying. All they did was vent hatred towards Trump the entire time, which was obviously why CNN chose them to be on the air.

Fox News had a St. Johns pastor on Monday evening too. Not one unkind word directed at Donald Trump and he was thanking God that only 1 room in the church was destroyed by the fire and being positive and praying about how he thought things would turn out. 

I just could not stop watching CNN all day. It was so captivating. Being on tv for 11 years made it even more amazing, understanding what was going on. Unprecedented. I just could not believe that a major news network would spend the entire day completely focused on attacking President Trump using the most unkind and distorted descriptions. Using pastors to tell us that he is not a Christian. That he is a racist that doesn't care about blacks or this murder(they had a professor of African American studies come on to tell us that). That he is a dictator who only cares about himself and not about America. That he  is causing more police brutality and making the peaceful protestors turn violent because they are being abused by the police.

How could this really be happening on television in the real world? I could not stop watching.

Then I flipped over to Fox news at 7pm and Tucker Carlson's lead story was about the 6 cops that were shot Monday night by the violent protestors, 1 died.

WTHeck? CNN did not mention that all day long. 

Surreal day for sure watching CNN news and then comparing it to the real news that I learned about later in the day.

Gunter: " I am getting an ominous feeling"

I am always a very optimistic person about the future. However, after seeing how the news can be portrayed/presented on a major National Television Network recently, that is captivating many millions of people and intentionally being used as effective propaganda, imposed with impunity. ... I also have an ominous feeling Gunter.

We started the year, with the most divided country since the Civil War but at least the economy was at its best ever. Then, the COVID-19 disaster was the worst thing to happen in our life time and turned the best thing into the worst thing and divided the country even more as the 2 sides battled over COVID-19 rules, freedom and the economy and stations like CNN spent much of their time convincing us that President Trump caused most of the deaths. 

Then the murder of George Floyd, which for a couple of days actually united us, as democrats and republicans agreed and universally condemned this horrible murder. This is how it would have continued but then, it turned extremely divisive when the protesting turned violent and spread across the entire country......as one side ignored and even defended the violence at times and the other side condemned it. 

So each disaster is being used to divide us even more by some sources. In most of those cases, being used to defeat President Trump. 

We are getting deeper and deeper into uncharted territory. What could be next? How can it possibly get worse?

I am certain that CNN wants it to get worse, at least until President Trump is defeated. They are right too. The worse things get, the less the chance of him being elected again.

By metmike - June 3, 2020, 3:36 a.m.
Like Reply

The good news and what should give us great hope is that the markets are taking this in stride right now.

We had a severe crash earlier this year because of the cornonavirus. We've recovered alot of those losses, more than I thought that we would to this point and the violent protesting and additional divisiveness has not hurt.

So the markets are seeing this being resolved and being just a temporary thing...............and the economy recovering too. Not all the way recovering, that would be impossible for this year but recovering as much as possible considering the circumstances.............at least that's what the market seems to be thinking based on how its acting.

One would guess that the markets are ignoring CNN's  attempts to obliterate peoples confidence in current leadership and the direction that our country is headed in.

My pessimism peaking on Tuesday, may actually be tied to watching CNN all day. How could anybody watch that all day and not be dragged down.

By TimNew - June 3, 2020, 6:58 a.m.
Like Reply

How could anybody watch that all day and not be dragged down.

I think that's part of the objective.

By GunterK - June 3, 2020, 1:41 p.m.
Like Reply

along the same lines....

I remember when people started protesting against lockdowns, and nurses came out of their hospitals and stood in front of the protestors, blocking their path. The verbal comments were that these protestors created a second wave of Covid19, possibly killing many.

Today, I saw a picture of nurses coming out of their hospitals (in NY), cheering on a large group of Floyd (couldn't think of a better name) protestors marching the street.... totally ignoring all that was important when Covid19 was the main issue of the day.

I don't want to say anything negative about our friends in the medical profession... we all need nurses, at one time or another.....I am only trying to point out that the MSM has the power to shape peoples' thinking

I don't believe it's an issue about liberals vs conservatives....right now, somebody is fueling anarchy... it looks more and more that somebody is out to destroy the US

By TimNew - June 3, 2020, 3:07 p.m.
Like Reply

Just saw a blurb on Financial News.  Gun MFG stocks are mostly up double digits, TODAY. 

By GunterK - June 3, 2020, 3:47 p.m.
Like Reply

when I wrote ".... it looks more and more that somebody is out to destroy the US...", I was thinking that I would most certainly be called a "conspiracy theorist"

I would like to add a few words to this comment...

the whole world saw the horrible video of Floyd's murder. Protests are a natural reaction.... they are necessary... something  needs to be done to stop things like this from happening... protests may be instrumental in getting people in charge to sit down and make plans for improvement

But then came the looting.....looting has nothing to do with Floyd.... looting is pure theft, looting is motivated by greed.    Looting can also be explained naturally...the criminal element in our society sees an opportunity to use a tragic event as a cover to commit crimes.

However, what's happening now cannot be easily explained..... some unknown organization is providing bricks, placed strategically, to  entice otherwise peaceful protestors into becoming violent. To do this in multiple major cities requires a far-reaching organization, an organzation that has the means to do this. How would such a group benefit from wide-spread looting, ... from a break-down of our society???? They wouldn't make any money from looters breaking into BestBuys and stealing computers, or stealing clothes from Urban Outfitters.

so, if such a group does not benefit monetarily from the looting, what is their motive? to create anarchy?

who is providing the bricks????

One could make a case that the Left wants to see as much damage as possible, to stop Trump from winning in November. However, there is a distinct possibility that this goes beyond political bickering. There is the distinct possibility that somebody wants to destroy the US. And this is something that should alarm all of us... 

By metmike - June 3, 2020, 4:08 p.m.
Like Reply

There are various opinions on the bricks. Some of them, were there well before protests were even thought of.

When a person/entity identifies a pile of bricks that it contends were placed there for nefarious reasons that can be proven otherwise, it destroys that narrative..........even if there might be some cases are brings showing up for no good reason.

My person guess, is that most of the bricks were there already and there have been plenty of violent crime going on by criminals to point to. Throwing bricks, probably has been far less than 1% of it............so it's a dead end street. 

The explanations at the source below make sense to me, despite their strong left side bias.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/craigsilverman/investigating-bricks-at-protests

People Say Pallets Of Bricks Are Showing Up Near Protests All Over The US. The Truth Is More Complicated.

"As of now, there's no evidence to support claims of coordinated brick placements at protests.

A wave of social media posts and images have claimed that pallets of bricks have been appearing near the locations of protests in cities all over the United States. This sparked rampant speculation that the bricks are part of a coordinated effort to incite violence as a way to entrap protesters and instigate chaos.

BuzzFeed News has documented claims made about bricks in Boston, Dallas, Kansas City, San Francisco, and elsewhere. In several cases, bricks were placed long before protests began in the US, or they are clearly linked to ongoing construction. As of now, there's no evidence to support claims of coordinated brick placements at protests. However, now that the claims have spread across social media, it’s possible that people could be inspired to start collecting and placing bricks.

Here’s a breakdown of claims about bricks appearing in different locations and the information available as of now. This post will be updated with new information as it becomes available."

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/buzzfeed/

Buzzfeed - Left Center Bias - Liberal - Progressive - Democrat - Mostly CredibleFactual Reporting: Mixed - Not always Credible or Reliable

LEFT-CENTER BIAS

These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias.  They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes.  These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.

By metmike - June 3, 2020, 4:10 p.m.
Like Reply

Not everybody agrees with that:

Mysterious piles of bricks discovered at riots, protests in US cities: Rpt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFYnbLtySus

By metmike - June 3, 2020, 4:15 p.m.
Like Reply

Bricks or not, there are tons of outsiders coming in an inciting and participating in violence. The chance of this happening is.....................100%. Question is ..........the extent of it, who are they and what is their nefarious objective?

Some of peaceful. Only pointing to the others ones. 

One can try to imagine what the protesting would have been like if we took these people out. Pretty difficult to do because we don't know the extent of it and their roles. 

For sure the protests would have been less violent.

Detroit police say outsiders coming to city to turn protests into chaos

DPD works with FBI to track down ‘professional protesters’

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/defenders/2020/06/01/detroit-police-say-outsiders-coming-to-city-to-turn-protests-into-chaos/

By metmike - June 3, 2020, 7:28 p.m.
Like Reply

Have been seeing a lot of people asking "What happened to us being told about the importance of social distancing for the past 3 months" "Did they discover that its no longer important?" "Did I miss something?"

This was my response to my sister on Facebook in a discussion about it:

"You didn't miss anything Patti. The MSM is unconcerned NOW about social/physical distancing because they were using it for political agenda BEFORE. The fake objective was to save lives, while the real objective was to keep the economy stifled until President Trump is defeated in November.... the fate of the economy will greatly affect his reelection chances. Now, we can see that it really was a fake objective being used for that purpose because suddenly, like somebody flipped a switch, social distancing is not important any more to the MSM. Nothing changed in the world of science or medicine or COVID-19. The only thing that changed, is that huge groups of people protesting(many peacefully with a just cause) some creating massive chaos, violence and disruptions were/are causing a negative dynamic that was/is leading to less support for President Trump. So either social distancing was really not that important before....except to defeat Trump or, it's worth risking/losing lives from COVID-19 to do things that will defeat President Trump in November. Again, peaceful protesting for a just cause is a good thing. The point is: In a pandemic, if you have a position that defines life threatening behavior, based on essential and non essential actions(buying food at the grocery store is essential for instance)..... if it's authentic,  you don't completely reverse it to accommodate non essential activities that you personally want to happen for political agenda".

By metmike - June 10, 2020, 3:16 a.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - June 10, 2020, 3:20 a.m.
Like Reply

Picture below on how to spread COVID-19 the fastest to the most amount of people (-:

https://www.facebook.com/BrucePoliquin/photos/a.217063965066745/2662882387151545/?type=3

Image may contain: tree, sky, plant, crowd and outdoor

By metmike - June 14, 2020, 6:31 p.m.
Like Reply

Somebody emailed this to me this morning and I couldn't resist posting it.

By metmike - June 14, 2020, 6:34 p.m.
Like Reply

New daily positives with the much higher rate of testing and opening up.............and widespread protesting with no social distancing was slowly/slightly increasing last week but weekend numbers are usually unreliable, especially Sunday's that almost always report very low numbers...........so we can probably throw out today's lower number.

Find this data here: https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

Daily new cases in blue below. Cumulative new cases in orange. Testing has doubled in the last month which is capturing many new cases that we didn't know about previously this year.

By metmike - June 14, 2020, 6:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Protests Reveal Little Threat of COVID-19 in Outside Air: Why Is Seattle Still Restricting Park Access?

/ 2 days ago June 12, 2020 

Reposted from the Cliff Mass Weather Blog

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/06/12/protests-reveal-little-threat-of-covid-19-in-outside-air-why-is-seattle-still-restricting-park-access/

"The bottom line of all this?  With all the lack of social distancing and maximal ejection of droplets from people (from chanting, singing, screaming and dealing with pepper spray and tear gas), COVID-19 has not surged.

There is one obvious explanation for this lack of COVID uptick:  viral transmission is very minimal in the outside air where there is huge ventilation, where UV radiation is present during the day, and where humidities and temperatures are generally unfavorable.

The protests have facilitated a huge public health experiment and we now know that COVID-19 basically does not spread outside.  A result consistent with the research cited in my earlier blog."

By metmike - June 15, 2020, 10:16 p.m.
Like Reply

News    June 14, 2020    

Civil rights attorney Leo Terrell explains why he stopped drinking the 'Democratic kool-aid'    

Don't let the Democratic Party trick you — please!'

https://www.theblaze.com/news/leo-terrell-democratic-kool-aid

"This is why I stopped drinking the Democrat Kool-Aid. I can't take this hypocrisy anymore. It's ridiculous," Terrell explained.

"[Former U.S. senator from Georgia] Richard Russell from the south was against integration. He was opposed to anti-lynching bills. That's what bothers me about this whole thing, that Democrats, just because of the D in their name, they could be a racist," Terrell added.

Terrell then tore into Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, who infamously said last month that black voters who do not vote for him are not actually black.

"That statement by Joe Biden is so offensive and then you get Spike Lee out there and say, 'It's okay.' That's offensive. If any Republican said the same thing they would be in trouble, big trouble," Terrell said.

"Joe Biden gave us the crime bill in 1994. President Trump gave us the First Step," he continued. "The bottom line is this: I don't need the Democrats to insult me or try to placate me with African garb, Nancy Pelosi. Pass some laws. Pass some reforms. Show me something other than some kind of condescending act just because you're a Democrat. That doesn't follow anymore."

Later, Terrell said, "I'm asking every Democrat, do your research ... you have to leave the Democratic Party — get out of there!"

"Don't let the Democratic Party trick you — please!" Terrell pleaded."

Civil rights Atty. Leo Terrell: Dems not standing up against crime in Floyd protests because they're afraid to alienate black vote

https://www.foxnews.com/media/leo-terrell-civil-rights-attorney-calls-for-end-to-riots-destruction

"I am disappointed, shocked that there has been no Democratic lawmaker in the last 72 hours who have focused on the criminal activities of these individuals who are not protesting," he stated. "These are criminals and they are breaking the law using the guise of caring about George Floyd."

By metmike - June 15, 2020, 10:58 p.m.
Like Reply

What's especially amazing is that the MSM continue to keep publishing articles about how President Trump violated the rights of peaceful protestors 2 weeks ago when the cops cleared a path for him by pushing them out. 

Of course this is much more important than the cops getting shot(some died) massive property losses from fires, vandalism and looting that have destroyed lives from the violence, even while most of the protests have been peaceful.

What exactly was the damage to these protesters that got shoved out force-ably to a different place(after being told to leave on their own)?

Zero injuries...............just their first amendment rights violated. 

OK, we should agree, their first amendment rights were violated 1 time in this unique situation involving the safety of President Trump, which, if I'm not mistaken, even if abused does not require permission from groups that are a potential thread. Bad judgment and planning by Trump and his handlers for sure..........but when there are things 1,000 times more important causing 1,000 times more harm related to this, focusing so much attention to dwell on a "nothing burger" is indicative of the mind set of those doing it. 

New questions about Trump’s ugly Bible stunt hint at some dark truths

(Patrick Semansky/AP)

By metmike - June 15, 2020, 11:04 p.m.
Like Reply

Related to this, we hear that Trump would be violating the Constitution by sending in military troops to break up rioting.

Wrong a roo!

It's been done 7 times by 4 different presidents in the last 80 years for exactly this situation. The Constitution supports him and so should most people if it protects lives and property being destroyed by law breakers. 

So MSM, Dems and Trump hating military people, please stop misleading us about that..

Insurrection Act of 1807

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurrection_Act_of_1807

By metmike - July 19, 2020, 12:44 p.m.
Like Reply

NYC’s COVID-19 contact tracing will ask about outdoor dining, not protests

https://nypost.com/2020/07/19/nyc-contact-tracers-will-ask-about-dining-not-protests/?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=push-notification&utm_campaign=nyc-contact-tracers-will-ask-about-dining-not-protests

Dr. S. Patrick Kachur, a professor at Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health, defended the city’s position about leaving demonstrations out of tracing questions.

“Asking about protests might alienate some people — and it might not generate that much useful information.

“When we can’t explain the uptick in our fair city’s COVID-19 infection rates among the 20-29 age group — and we aren’t asking if they’ve attended a Black Lives Matter protest, that’s called hypocrisy too. Wake up, Your honor. Closing your eyes and covering your ears won’t change the facts,” Pitts said.

Dr. Jake Deutsch, co-founder of Cure Urgent Care that’s tested over 5,000 patients for COVID-19, agreed that the tracing corps should ask about protests.

“The purpose of contact tracing is you’re trying to identify sources of where the infections are occurring, so I think you ask about gatherings whether it’s bars, protests, schools, churches. The question shouldn’t just stop with, ‘Were you in a restaurant?’ You’d have to be much inclusive. And trying to predict that [bars are] the source of the problem I think that’s a pretty impossible presumption given the fact that it’s a highly contagious virus,” Deutsch said.

He believes the higher proportion of twenty-somethings testing positive for COVID-19 is due to increased testing for all New Yorkers — not just the elderly and vulnerable.

“I’ve seen more young people be tested than we’d seen for months ago for instance so I think you’re going to see a spike when you see more testing,” Deutsch said."

metmike: Quintessential example of how to design a study so that it gives you the results you want. The anti scientific subjective/biased reasoning here is mind boggling/staggering. The study already shows that new cases CAN'T be from the protests before they even start it because they are treating that potential factor,  like asking the participants if they had recently been to the planet Mars. 

And it has to be 100% intentional. The designers are clearly in touch with all these factors. They KNOW that there is a large segment of people claiming the protests are a cause for all the protest aged people to be testing positive(and the black rate going higher too).

Why not PROVE their position that its not from protests by asking that question? That would be science.

Not asking that question but instead TELLING US before the study that it's NOT from the protests and they won't test is 100% politics. 

This study, is just another one that is evidence of this, below:

Why Most Published Research Findings Are False

https://journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.0020124

By metmike - July 19, 2020, 12:55 p.m.
Like Reply

Protests main cause of second surge per this            

10 responses |           

Started by WxFollower - July 14, 2020, 9:27 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/55951/

By wglassfo - July 19, 2020, 2:30 p.m.
Like Reply

I posted some time ago all the crisis we have seen don't pass the smell test

You asked if somebody wants to destroy the USA

Same thought, different post

If a person reads very much, this idea of USA destruction is talked about but is considered radical conspiracy thought, 

Actually if you look closely much of the Western world is having multiple crisis, one after the other

The one place that does not seem to have as many problems is Russia and China, other than they had the same corona virus problem

I will add a couple of thoughts

President Bush Sr was the 1st I know of who mentioned the world order idea, of which much speculation has now become open conversation . Look at the world Devos summit for an idea of what some think

If I look back, other than internal division the1st crisis I can think of was when the world towers came down. After that the crisis seemed to come more rapidly, including the Patriot Act which followed the world towers incident, which was interestingly due to Bush 2. Your world climate activist are on the list of some body adding to USA problems. AOC was funded and now is a problem just waiting for bigger things

There is a lot that is not mentioned but an american crisis, just the same, such as military strength due to corona virus in the military, is just one example of small things that does not deserve headlines but does happen.

Just go back and add up all the crisis, that are not considered a crisis.

Example: [Is AOC a crisis waiting to happen] but will weaken the USA

Now lets go one step further in this conspiracy thinking

Did you know any city over 50,000 population has enough military hard ware to control the entire country and the military strength to make it happen

Now why do the police have such over whelming military power unless some body might use that military power. Which police captain would disobey an order from above???

Would you refuse a vaccine which contained a chip to track your every movement. What if you could not even go to the grocery store, and buy food, with out the chip

People need to do some critical thinking, look at the direction we are being herded like sheep, even if it is considered radical tin foil hat

How much of what has happened would you have thought was tin foil hat last Jan 2020

Now look ahead. Nobody really knows but the possibility of One World Order is real, and funded by many deep pockets such as Bill and Mary Gates, George Soros and such as those types

Why do you think some body or plural somebodies might want a One World Order???

Power, money, world peace, equality, redistribution of wealth???

I dunno, but I do know if there is a One World Order the USA must be destroyed

As I mentioned above, China and Russia have not bought into this One world Order idea