Robert Lighthizer on trade
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by cfdr - June 15, 2018, 8:22 p.m.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/06/15/ambassador-wolverine-u-s-t-r-robert-lighthizer-discusses-u-s-china-trade-reset/

I thought this should belong in the TR section.  Lighthizer gives a good summary of where we are and what might be coming.  He also lays out why we must have these negotiations now.

Comments
By 7475 - June 15, 2018, 9:27 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks cfdr

h

Had to "search at the site" but found the interview and I must say what a pleasure to hear a positive and realistic response to our "tariff trade war" efforts.

And also an admission that these things will hurt the consumer a bit and they are aware of that.No such thing as a free lunch but a little spending control now will help us "poor deprived consumers" live better in the future-yeah stop kicking the can for crimes sake.

John-JPJT

By cfdr - June 15, 2018, 9:54 p.m.
Like Reply

Yes, previous administrations have been either incompetent at best, or very corrupt.

We farmers feel the pinch, but half a trillion going overseas every single year (not even including the intellectual property stolen) cannot be tolerated.  As I said, some of that money ended up in South America and now Africa competing with us.  Again, we as farmers need to have other countries WANT TO buy our products.  They have to want to buy more of what we produce so that the do not have to shut down factories and put people out of work.  Then we will have the sustained demand driven markets here.

We finally have a president that did not take huge sums of money from Wall Street and the globalists.

By cliff-e - June 16, 2018, 9:14 a.m.
Like Reply

Farmers and rural America have become the "whipping boy" for Trump's incompetence and arrogance.

http://www.inforum.com/node/4461202

By cliff-e - June 16, 2018, 9:27 a.m.
Like Reply
By bcb - June 16, 2018, 9:37 a.m.
Like Reply

History has shown the AG sector is ALWAYS the #1 top of the list to cut. Nothing new.

If u want to talk trade negations you need some cards to stay in the game. At least Trump 

see's the trade problems and un balance. Where not the pissing post for the World with him and the

World is seeing and feeling that change.