Looting and burning
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - June 6, 2020, 12:57 p.m.

So at least one high scale mall is closing following  social media info to loot this mall.  They are closing off all access this weekend to avoid the looting and the possible repercutions against police, just doing what they are told. There will always be a  camera, which puts police in an impossible position

To make matters worse, a Baltimore candidate for city council, is encouraging looting in a  different location. He told the people to get your Father's day shopping done early.

How low can some people go. This is not Flloyd. This is criminal and  people, who aspire to a leadership role  should try to encourage peaceful assembly, instead of encouraging criminal actions

There should be some kind of punishment for encouraging civil disobedience, which is usually looting and burning

This mayhem has to stip

Trump is correct in trying to stop the mayhem. What if the looting/burning destroyed your property???

Comments
By metmike - June 6, 2020, 1:39 p.m.
Like Reply

I'm going to a big protest rally here this evening as an observer.

My youngest son was over last night, using my wifes posters and markers to make his black power sign to carry . I told him that if he really wants to help blacks, he can assist in getting them jobs.

He actually is involved in a project locally that provides minorities with grant money to support an employment situation and the black guy that owns the landscaping business  that does the work at my wife's work(who is from Detroit, so he and I love talking)  is interested. My son would have to get this guy a bunch of information but was sort of squawking about doing it and I asked why he was going to the rally/protest?

To show my support for black people and against police abuse of black people, he said.

I told him about the correlation between violent crime committed by young black males(21 times higher in MN vs young white males)  and confrontations with cops and with employment for young black males(which still lags vs other groups) and if he was sincere, then helping this black guy at my wife's work was the best way to actually make a difference.

He agreed.

Evansville protest organizer: 'If there’s no police line, you can’t throw a bottle at it'

https://www.courierpress.com/story/news/2020/06/06/evansville-protest-organizer-if-theres-no-police-line-you-cant-throw-bottle-it/3161265001/

"Krantz's view that violence is law enforcement's go-to response to dissent may not be shared by everyone who shows up at Saturday's protest. The event is expected to draw hundreds of people to Downtown Evansville and perhaps just as many shades of discontent.

The very presence of law enforcement officers alongside them will be provocative, Krantz warned.

"People are afraid that they’re going to get attacked by the police – because that’s the role of the police, is to attack black people, poor people," she said."

metmike: Too much listening and watching MSM news sources for this lady and guys like Don Lemon on CNN, telling her that "We need to fight back against this dictator!!"  I will report back what I observe but would bet a great deal of money that I DO NOT see any police attacks. I should add that the Vanderburgh County Sheriff, Dave Wedding is a good friend of mine.

By metmike - June 6, 2020, 1:43 p.m.
Like Reply

Evansville City Leaders Set Up Barricades for Protests, Urging for No Riots

https://44news.wevv.com/evansville-city-leaders-set-barricades-protests-urging-no-riots/

From the Civic Center to the riverfront, rallying cries of peaceful protests have rung throughout Evansville all week.

And with even more protest planned for this weekend, city officials addressed their plan for handling them and the history of injustices in Evansville. 

“Let’s make it clear – E hasn’t always been for everyone,” said Evansville City Mayor Lloyd Winnecke. “Ad it’s not always today, but we’re striving for it. Sadly, vestiges from our past still exist.”

“Yes, our community has had it’s fare share of bad incidents with law enforcement,” said Evansville City Council President Alex Burton. “But, this moment must be fruitful and without distraction.”

And with protesters and police clashing last weekend, city officials have already had discussions with the police who will be patrolling them on Saturday.

“No we don’t see eye to eye, but we’re always focused on the police relationships in our community to be better and are enhanced,” Burton said. “And I have nothing but the full faith and confidence in the police department to do the right thing.”

And while both Burton and Winnecke urged protesters to stay peaceful, they noted that barricades were put up outside of the Civic Center, just in case things did get unruly.

“These precautions are not cause for panic,” said Winnecke. “But to be abundantly cautious in making preparations for those who choose not to follow our pleas for peaceful protests.”

Burton encourages protestors to not step outside the law in their fight for justice.

“The fight must not include the destruction of physical structures or properties,” he said. “This is not the time to riot. This is the time to be about action through meaningful policy.”

The protests taking place on Saturday, June 5th are at the Four Freedoms Monument, while a children’s one with sidewalk chalk will take place outside the Ford Center."

By metmike - June 6, 2020, 1:44 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - June 7, 2020, 1:13 a.m.
Like Reply

The protest was very peaceful...........though some individual  marchers were convinced there was going to be a confrontation with the cops and were ready to fight.

Others were convinced that there would be a strong police presence and suspicious of the cops but promoted peace. 

Everybody there, universally agreed that cops are bad and they should never be trusted.  Whites/blacks should unite, yes but there was nobody preaching uniting with the cops..........the bad guys.

We hardly saw any police and they were positioned way outside the area we marched. We counted 6 different drones flying overhead, so the cops were monitoring everybody from a distance to make sure they were behaving properly..........which they were.

The behavior was perfect. 

Most people there expressed extreme distrust and hatred of police.  Of course they all hate President Trump. 

I almost got up and talked as one of the old men in the crowd, to tell them about Martin Luther King JR.

There were a couple of other old black guys my age, then 3-400 people that were at least a generation younger than me.

My 2 sons were there, along with a daughter in law. My black son in law, with our 2 grandkids left after a short time because of the language the speakers were communicating with. 

I'll tell you more tomorrow.