Pitch forks and torches
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - June 10, 2020, 9:33 p.m.

I posted some time ago about pitch forks and torches in the street

I think I was mostly treated as a tin foil hat

Does anybody doubt the accuracy of my post

Looking further ahead the USA will most likely break up or be dominated by either a foreign power or a strong man, [sorry Pelosie] or a puppet strong person [which could be Pelosie]  for life

Anybody that thinks life will resume, once this carzy stuff is over, some changes made, [such as the Confederate flag at NASCAR races being banned] but essentially life as before is sadly mistaken

I am not ready to predict any future events as of now

When I say the USA might break up, I am thinking communities banding together with armed patrols guarding percieved borders, as they deem this is our community. If you think this is carzy, look up the recent up tick in RV sales as people pull up stakes and head for the hills. Eventually these people might band together for common protection

The other thing that will put a severe dent in life as before, is the millions of bricks and mortar destroyed. Local gov't won't even have the resources to clean up the rubble

However, too much crazy going on to make a prediction

When the entire or most of the western world is in turmoil, that is what I call crazy

Comments
By wglassfo - June 11, 2020, 4:01 p.m.
Like Reply

Just as one of my predictions of what is coming has already come true

Seattle has a strong man with armed guards patrolling the boundaries of their community. They kicked out the police and took over the police station, as it was within their self described boundaries. Road blocks, the whole nine yards

So: Will others copy???

And by the way the mayor claimed to not know one of his police stations was over run and his police force was forced to evacuate.

What do you make of that.

By wglassfo - June 11, 2020, 5:21 p.m.
Like Reply

If you believe the headlines about this community

Crime has spiked 300%

They are running out of food. I suppose they thought food appeared in the night some how for the grocery shelf. Gee: Never thought about where food comes from

This country is in serious trouble

By metmike - June 11, 2020, 6 p.m.
Like Reply

Getting pretty crazy out there:

Police Chief: Abandoning Seattle’s East Precinct amid protests ‘was not my decision’

https://q13fox.com/2020/06/11/seattle-police-want-to-return-to-shuttered-east-precinct-amid-protests/

‘This is not a game’: Trump threatens to ‘take back’ Seattle as protesters set up ‘autonomous zone’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/11/trump-seattle-autonomous-zone-inslee/

metmike: If they want Donald Trump re elected, this is how to go about it. Scare the crap out of the average person that knows that almost all cops are good people and they want police so they will be protected from criminals or when they are  having emergencies...........and go against Trumps law and order position.

This side is against guns...........but everything they are doing is causing record gun sales right now because people fear for their safety. 

Gun sales break May record amid coronavirus pandemic, riots

Gun sales increased 80.2% in May compared to last year

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/gun-sales-may-record-coronavirus-riots

FOX 29 Philadelphia reporter Steve Keeley on a gun store owner who fought off armed looters attempting to rob his store.

Gun store owner fights off group of armed looters

FOX 29 Philadelphia reporter Steve Keeley on a gun store owner who fought off armed looters attempting to rob his store. 

Gun sales spiked more than 80 percent year over year in May as consumers responded to safety concerns and civil unrest prompted, in part, by the novel coronavirus pandemic, experts said.

Approximately 1,726,053 guns were sold in May – a record-breaking 80.2 percent increase from last year, according to data released late Monday by Small Arms Analytics & Forecasting, which examines the raw data obtained from the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System, or NICS.

Of the firearms sold, 1,052,723 were handguns and 535,014 were long-guns, the SAAF estimated.

GUN STOCKS SOAR AS RIOTS, LOOTING ERUPT ACROSS AMERICA

Similar increases were previously recorded through the months of April, when data showed a 71.3 percent increase from April 2019, and March, when an 85.3 percent increase was reported year over year, according to information previously released by the SAAF.

(iStock)

Jurgen Brauer, chief economist at SAAF, said Tuesday the numbers through May 31 so far did not appear to reflect any increase in firearm sales as a result of protests and, later, riots in the wake of the killing of George Floyd. Floyd, a black man, died on May 25 after a white Minneapolis police officer pressed his knee on Floyd's neck for several minutes.

RIOTS, LOOTING ERUPT ACROSS MAJOR US CITIES DESPITE CURFEWS: PHOTOS

Dana Loesch, an author, radio host and former spokesperson for the National Rifle Association, told FOX Business on Tuesday she was “not at all” surprised to hear the latest numbers and expects people will be eager to purchase firearms, considering the recent violence in parts of the nation.

“When people see the violence that they see on television – and people understand the difference between peaceful protesters and violent rioters – they see, you know, the sunset and then the fires start, and see the assaults and the looting and the breaking and destruction of private property,” Loesch said. “So they look at this and it unnerves them, especially after we've all been locked up for, like, three months."

GUN SALES AMID CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC SPIKE 71% IN APRIL

Loesch said the likelihood of someone's business being looted or damaged decreases when owners have the means to protect themselves.

“This is people's livelihoods. For some people, their lives are over when they lose their ability to make ends meet,” she said. “These aren't rich corporation heads that are feeling the brunt of this.”

Whoops! We couldn't access this Tweet.

People purchasing firearms, “want to make sure they’re protected,” especially, she said, at a time when some groups have created dangerous situations beyond peaceful protests.

“When people see the way that law and order breaks down out of either a lack of respect just for law and order, or for an unwillingness to stop looting and rioting,” she continued, “They're going to get firearms because they ultimately understand that they are their own first responder.”

PROTESTS DRIVE DEMAND FOR TASER MAKER AXON'S LAW ENFORCEMENT PRODUCTS

The notion of people being “their own first responder,” was also expressed by Mark Oliva, spokesperson for the National Shooting Sports Foundation, which represents gunmakers.

People wait in a line to enter a gun store in Culver City, Calif., March 15, 2020. (AP Photo/Ringo H.W. Chiu)