The vast majority.....
13 responses | 1 like
Started by TimNew - June 16, 2018, 1:45 p.m.

It seems a week doesn't pass where I don't hear an argument about how "The Vast Majority" exhibits some trait that justifies the entire group.

My favorite, among the many "The vast majority of them (As in illegal immigrants) come here to work and make a better life for themselves."  This should somehow compel us to accept things like MS-13 gang members etc.

This leads to my questions..  Why do we never hear the same argument regarding legal gun owners?  Something like "The vast majority of legal gun owners never engage in illegal activities with or without their weapons".

Would that work? The #'s support this argument far better than the illegal immigrant one...

Comments
By carlberky - June 16, 2018, 2:30 p.m.
Like Reply

"The vast majority of legal gun owners never engage in illegal activities with or without their weapons". 

Tim, you left out this ... "This should somehow compel us to accept things like school shootings, holdups, etc."

Since we can only estimate the total number in each group, and the total number of bad guys in each, it's hard to come up with a percentage. Besides, it would not prove any thing.

By mcfarm - June 16, 2018, 2:38 p.m.
Like Reply

kind of think it proves one glaring obvious fact...bad guys will have guns legal or not and if the left has it way the well behaved citizens will not have guns...or has one idiot congressman form Cal. has decided we can have guns anytime but they have to be locked up down at the local shooting range which is only open M-f 10 to 4...he is brilliant and a never Trumper to boot looking to become the new pelosi

By TimNew - June 16, 2018, 5:24 p.m.
Like Reply

The point of the post was that the "Vast Majority" argument is invalid.

But I bet we'd accomplish a lot more by reducing illegal immigration than we would disarming law abiding citizens...   But...  ICBR  <G> 

By mcfarm - June 16, 2018, 9:38 p.m.
Like Reply

2 questions....why does the left always try to win a debate by leaving out certain words like "illegal" aliens......also after 2 years of looking why has the left not been able to leak not one text, e-mail, snail mail, snap chat or g-mail of a conservative FBI agent showing anti Hillary or even Obama bias......why is that.....there are none or they would of been released months ago

By carlberky - June 16, 2018, 9:39 p.m.
Like Reply

ICBR ( I Can't  Be Right ) <G> 

"we'd accomplish a lot more by reducing illegal immigration than we would disarming law abiding citizens".

Hmm … Wonder how much of an over-lap that would cover?

By carlberky - June 16, 2018, 9:51 p.m.
Like Reply

1 question … after 2 years of looking why has the right not been able to leak more than one set of  text, e-mail, snail mail, snap chat or g-mail of two liberal FBI agents showing anti Donald bias?

By TimNew - June 17, 2018, 5:45 a.m.
Like Reply

Overlap?   You mean an illegal immigrant can be a law abiding citizen?

By carlberky - June 17, 2018, 7:24 a.m.
Like Reply

Yes, "illegal" means that they broke the law … but who among us can say that they NEVER broke the law? The "vast majority" have lived here as decent law abiding citizens, because they can't take a chance on being arrested.

By carlberky - June 17, 2018, 7:57 a.m.
Like Reply

Tim may be a Con but I don't believe he would take a bullet for the Don.

By TimNew - June 17, 2018, 8:22 a.m.
Like Reply

I'll ask the same question again..  

If someone robs a bank, goes to prison, and their innocent child ends up in foster care,  are you outraged?

And Carl,  I regularly break traffic laws, and when caught,  I face the consequences.  And I don't expect anyone to be outraged over my paying a fine for my action.

By mcfarm - June 17, 2018, 9:31 a.m.
Like Reply

Ohhhh Carl, did you happen to miss the IG report? We not only have the sweet lover duo, with unnamed FBI lawyers texting away. At this late date refusing to release names of these verman should be enough to enrage. We have mcabe, we clapper, we have brennan, and we have comey.....sure one set of e-mails Carl good luck with the spin

By mcfarm - June 17, 2018, 9:34 a.m.
Like Reply

on a roll today carl...."can't take a chance of being arrested"....you do know that when stopped they are required to promise to attend a deportation "hearing" right.....and wow do they ever show up, just like the law abiding people they are