‘Pimps of evil’
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by mojo - June 16, 2018, 6:39 p.m.

Theologian rains hell on Sarah Sanders and evangelicals defending Trump’s immigrant kid snatching.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/theologian-rains-hell-sarah-sanders-evangelicals-defending-trumps-immigrant-kid-snatching-pimps-evil/

Comments
By carlberky - June 16, 2018, 10:12 p.m.
Like Reply

They are still going to vote for the man in the Teflon suit.

By silverspiker - June 16, 2018, 10:51 p.m.
Like Reply

Like the Buddha, instead of focusing on "LABELS" of humanity or divinity, maybe it would help to focus on awakening to the lesson every situation teaches. View the world through the eyes of Source and embrace the Oneness that exists in all things. In challenges, see practical solutions.

= I choose to awaken!

By GunterK - June 17, 2018, 1:32 a.m.
Like Reply

Of course it’s terrible. Any family legitimately (emphasis on “legitimately’) seeking asylum in the US, should not be separated.

However, I disagree with some of the comments in this article. When I was 7 years old, I was separated from my family for a few weeks and had to live with total strangers. I didn’t like it much, but I was never “traumatized”, as it is described in this article. Young children are quite resilient. They play with other kids and have fun, or make toys out of little nothings. The separation is much harder for the mother than for the child. The term “traumatized” was used by the author of this article to play on the reader’s emotions.

Most of the stories of separation I have read had to do with illegal alien mother/child incidents. And with them, I don’t have much sympathy. There are 2 laws in the US, that have existed for decades….

Law #1…. If you want to migrate to the US, go to the nearest consulate and fill out an application. If you break into the US illegally, you will be arrested and/or deported

Law #2…when you are arrested, you cannot take your child with you to prison

If I was a single mother, living somewhere else, knowing that I might lose my child when entering the US illegally, I would rather stay home and forget about that free welfare check in the US

I also don’t have much sympathy for female illegal aliens who live in the US and have so-called “anchor babies”. Suddenly they are being deported and they scream bloody murder because they are being separated from their children. That’s the risk they took when they came here.

At the beginning I use the term “legitimate” refugees. I believe, most of these refugees greatly exaggerate, or even make up false stories to get asylum.“Gang violence” in their home country should not be a reason for asylum. We probably have more gang violence in Chicago and Detroit than in their home countries.

By TimNew - June 17, 2018, 5:55 a.m.
Like Reply

The question I'd like answered..  If someone robs a bank and gets sent to prison and their kids end up in foster care, should we be outraged?

By mojo - June 17, 2018, 7:47 a.m.
Like Reply

That's a false equivalency. These women aren't bank robbers, they are desperate refugees seeking asylum. 

https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/donald-trump-doesnt-want-to-take-credit-for-separating-families-but-jeff-sessions-sure-does/

By carlberky - June 17, 2018, 8:11 a.m.
Like Reply

Gunter, if you ever get to Reno, I owe you a dinner.

By TimNew - June 17, 2018, 8:25 a.m.
Like Reply

"Desperate Refugees" can follow a process.   The potential consequences are known, they break the law anyway.

And it is not a false equivalency as much as you'd like to claim it is.  It's the exact same thing.

By GunterK - June 17, 2018, 1:42 p.m.
Like Reply

Hi Berky,

Thanks for the invite. Should I get to Reno, I will most certainly look you up.

By mojo - June 17, 2018, 2:08 p.m.
Like Reply

It's hard to follow a process when you're dead. 

Sieg Heil !!!