new Google game.... quite interesting
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - June 22, 2020, 9:18 p.m.

step one... pick a 3-digit number... any number

step two....type this number into the google search window and add "new cases"

and, viola... google will tell you about [your number] of new corona cases in a certain county

Comments
By metmike - June 22, 2020, 11:32 p.m.
Like Reply

Wow!

I guess covid has been around so long that every 3 digit number has been reported for number of cases somewhere at some time.

By GunterK - June 22, 2020, 11:54 p.m.
Like Reply

truth in reporting at its finest !

By GunterK - June 22, 2020, 11:59 p.m.
Like Reply

i figured that google would find out about this being shared across the internet and stop it.

However, I just picked the number 654, and look what I got...

"....Brazil recorded 21,432 new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in the past 24 hours as well as 654 new deaths...."

Now it's "deaths"!!!

can we really believe anything anymore?

By GunterK - June 23, 2020, 12:17 a.m.
Like Reply

metmike, you seem to imply that those numbers actually were reported over the time we had the virus... i assume the opposite.. I assume that it's fake data.

just out of curiosity, I typed in the number 96,875 (even though the instruction was to use a 3-digit number), and I got this...

"...There have been 6,559 cases and 249 deaths among San Diego County ... there have been 1,618,471 cases and 96,875 deaths as of Saturday ...

the odds are 1 in 99,999 of hitting a real reported number with this guess... and I don't believe that there have been 99,999 different real reports over the 3 months time span

Therefore, I still believe that google is not being honest with us