TUCKER CARLSON ABOUT TO GET FIRED ??
22 responses | 0 likes
Started by wxdavid - July 7, 2020, 12:06 p.m.

https://twitter.com/ktumulty/status/1280452959965413381?s=20

Criticizing Iraqi War veterans who lost both your legs in service of the country and calling them UN American has become the normal  -- modus operandi for Trump supporters and modern conservatives.   This is something you would never see under Bush McCain Romney or Reagan. And it is  ONE of the  primary reasons  why even though I voted for all of those people  I have left the conservative party.

I am not a huge Tammy Duckworth fan. I think she is  kind of a dingbat when it comes to things like policy. But the comments made by Tucker Carlson   who as we all know has a very close relationship with the president is simply unacceptable.

One can make a case far-left really does not like America or capitalism. I generally agree with that concept.   But there' ia  BIG  difference between   Joe Biden Democrat and Jill Stein or Bernie Sanders.

But that is not what Tucker Carlson was doing here. If he is  going to make a point about the far-left not liking America that's fine and like I stated I might even agree with that.

But to make that point by CONNECTING  it particularly to  Senator Duckworth a decorated Iraq war veteran is not only disgusting on a personal and moral level but it's also bad  looks bad politically.

and again it says so much about where trumpism and modern conservatism is in this country.  also keep in mind that Senator Duckworth is of a mixed Heritage and race.

Comments
By metmike - July 7, 2020, 1:31 p.m.
Like Reply

Dave,

You and others keep getting the role/position of conservative, political commentators Carlson and Hannity completely mixed up with what the CNN news anchors are supposed to/pretending to  be...........objective news journalists.

Here, let me show you:

Shawn Hannity who is the most biased of anybody(including Tucker) is up front on what he and his show is/are: "conservative political commentator."  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Hannity

Tucker Carlson. political commentator,   (a person who offers to mass media their opinion or commentary on a particular subject area (most typically political analysis,)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucker_Carlson

Let's see what Don Lemon calls himself: "American television journalist." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Lemon

There is a HUGE difference between them.  The first 2, tell you that they are conservative and they provide personal commentary which is biased towards the right. That is their job.

The 3nd one tells you that they report the unbiased news, not favoring either side. That is SUPPOSED TO BE their job. Tell BOTH sides.

Let's look at Chris Cuomo from CNN:  "American television journalist"       https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Cuomo

Same thing as Lemon, his job(regardless of his personal feelings) is to report both sides of the news in unbiased fashion.

How about reporter Jim Acosta:  American journalist and the chief White House correspondent for CNN  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Acosta

FOX is telling us their people are conservative political commentators.........that's certainly what they provide.

CNN is telling us that their anchors are objective journalists...........tell both sides.  In reality, they are anything but this.............pretending to be unbiased.

I bash CNN all the time. One of the reasons they deliver FAKE news is the one sided fashion of delivery........pretending  that this is all the news.

If I was reporting a story on how COVID is spread from lack of social distancing. and only told you that it can be transmitted at Trump rallies in the 3,000-6,000 range but not at protests that have featured over 1 million individual hundreds of times more people...........that would be fake news in a way.

The Trump rallies DID likely spread COVID but the rallies DID too.....likely MUCH more.

To believe that most people wearing masks provided them with 100%  protection, would mean that we could open everything back up completely everywhere and could have opened NYC up in the middle of their pandemic...............by just having people wear masks.

Masks help for sure and also, this was outside (Like SD was) but its ludicrous to think that a million people got together in a pandemic with encouragement of CNN and others to fight back against Trump and that tens of thousands in that group did not have COVID and that at least many thousands of others did not get exposed to COVID as a result.

Masks do not stop all the COVID...........some still gets out but it just lessens the distance and amount.  People still touch their faces and have contact.

If you found out that somebody contagious with COVID was standing next to you shouting at a rally, would you stay there....... next to them because the both of you were wearing a mask?

+++++++++++++++++

With regards to this person, Carlson pushed his conservative political commentary attack on the wrong person. In society, if there is a dispute between a powerful white male and another person that is clearly handicapped and in this case a woman. He greatly miscalculated in his quest to go after somebody. If this had been another healthy white male, it would not be headline news and there would be no outrage.

However, he should have known that peoples compassion for the disadvantaged and less fortunate would overwhelm all else here and this was a huge mistake.

I don't know anything about this lady or whether Carlson makes any good points. 

Should he lose his job over it?

Wow, that be pretty extreme but such is the power of forces that control our world.

If a bunch of people convinced advertisers at FOX to pull their money unless Carlson resigns...............thats all that matters and he goes down the same path of Bill O'reilly.

By GunterK - July 7, 2020, 5:48 p.m.
Like Reply

I hate to see Tucker Carlson tear into a woman, who lost both her legs while serving in iraq. That's horrible, and it most certainly will damage his career.

Then I wondered, what made Carlson make these comments.

I found out that, during a CNN interview, Ms Duckworth criticized Pres Trump's Mount Rushmore speech. She said "President Trump spent all his time talking about dead traitors.”

This seems to e totally incorrect. Trump gave a typical 4th of July kind of speech, remembering the revolution, Lincoln and the Civil War, as well as Martin Luther King, and events that made the USA what it is today. . 

He also mentioned a few civilians who became known throughout the world... such as

".... Frederick Douglas. We are the land of Wild Bill Hickock and Buffalo Bill Cody. We are the nation that gave rise to the Wright brothers, the Tuskegee airmen, Harriet Tubman, Clara Barton, Jesse Owens, George Patton, General George Patton, the great Louis Armstrong, Alan Shepard, Elvis Presley, and Muhammad Ali, ..."

Ms. Duckworth complained about Trump not speaking about Corona, but then, IMHO, maybe this subject is not the appropriate subject for a 4th of Jly speech

but saying "spent his time talking about dead traitors"????? 

with all due respect for Ms. Duckworth's service, this looks to me like a malicious dig at PresTrump'. But then.... it's on CNN... not surprised.

By metmike - July 7, 2020, 7:14 p.m.
Like Reply

Gunter,

After going back and listening to Presidents Trump speech.............you are absolutely correct!

This was one of his best speeches ever as he clearly stuck with the script and positive, ACCURATE message........in contrast to many other times when he does not and deserves being criticized.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

But, like last Fall when he killed one of the most evil terrorists in the world..............CNN, the WOP and others made Trump out to be the bad guy.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/41832/

Breaking news from CNN: The 41 most shocking lines from Donald Trump's Baghdadi announcement

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/27/politics/donald-trump-baghdadi-death-isis/index.html

metmike: Otherwise known as 3 dozen new reasons for you to hate Trump as much as we do and to make sure that you don't see this as an accomplishment.

This article actually is a wonderful opportunity for us to get a good look into the mind of a typical progressive activist journalist that hates Trumps guts and have rejected their obligation to report objective, professional, authentic news as they take each sentence of every statement that Trump makes and look for ways to spin it negatively.

Based on 41 negatives to 0 positives in this article, one would think that Trump had just committed another high crime, impeachable offense instead of killing an ISIS leader that had a $25,000,000 bounty on his head and was the most wanted, evil criminal in the world.

If one didn't know anything except what's in the article, we might think that Trump was actually the bad guy, not Baghdadi!

The ironic thing about this style of reporting is that the thing that is closest to Trumps penchant for exaggerating and spinning.............comes from the same ones condemning him for using the same style of exaggerating and spinning.

He does it to make himself look good. They do it to make him look bad and to get you and me to hate him like they do.

By wxdavid - July 8, 2020, 11:36 a.m.
Like Reply

You simply have no understanding of what CNN is or what news organizations are supposed to be.
really you   dont

News organizations are NEVER  supposed to present both sides of the story and let you the viewer decide.

That's not how it works.  Clearly you don't  get this  

EXAMPLE  if Mr. Smith says it's sunny and 85 degrees outside and Mr. Jones says it's cold with a foot of snow outside and a temperature of 22 degrees

YOU think That news organization are to present both sides.

NO .

The news organizations have to take a look out the window and tell you which one is full of shit and which one is not.

You think that whenever CNN or any news organization says that ..  you call it bias.

being objective is not the same thing as being neutral.
This  concept  you clearly do not understand

You confuse neutrality with objectivity. Don't feel bad most people to make the same mistake.

if a candidate no matter who it is LYING and repeatedly saying things which are false for example the virus was developed intentionally by the Chinese government….  it is perfectly okay for any news organizations to tell you that has not been proven and there is mountains of evidence to show that is not the case.

Again you would say such a comment from the news organizations is unwarranted and shows bias.   It does not show bias it shows OBJECTIVITY  

By wxdavid - July 8, 2020, 11:43 a.m.
Like Reply

By metmike - July 8, 2020, 11:54 a.m.
Like Reply

Trying to get banned after stopping by to try to troll and disrupt the forum, getting your arse whooped on facts in almost every post.....then vanishing for a year to try it all over again?

By mcfarm - July 8, 2020, 11:54 a.m.
Like Reply

Dave, you ever watched Tucker. One of the smartest, quick witted, and honest hosts on tv.. Ever checked his ratings? Fired? Really? For being more truthful than the entire staff of the other networks combined. And, yes if you were in the military you are still open for critizism.

By metmike - July 8, 2020, noon
Like Reply

"News organizations are NEVER  supposed to present both sides of the story and let you the viewer decide."

"That's not how it works.  Clearly you don't  get this"

Dave,

Your lack of understanding about this is shockingly deficient. That was my profession for 11 years from 1982-1993.

Clearly, you are letting your biased belief system and seeing the world being defined to you by CNN as being divisive by intended design affect your ability to see the picture with clarity...................most people are losing their ability to think critically and with common sense..........that was easier to do for most people before the MSM hijacked the messages for their political agenda.

By cutworm - July 8, 2020, noon
Like Reply

"if a candidate no matter who it is LYING and repeatedly saying things which are false for example the virus was developed intentionally by the Chinese government….  it is perfectly okay for any news organizations to tell you that has not been proven and there is mountains of evidence to show that is not the case."

So isn't that what Tucker did..."no matter who it is" your words

By GunterK - July 8, 2020, 12:40 p.m.
Like Reply

david posted....

Journalism 101:

If someone says it's raining, and another person says it's dry, it's not your job to quote them both. Your job is to look out the f..ing window and find out which is true"

I would add.....

MSM journalism 101:

Pee on your audience and tell them it's raining.

By metmike - July 8, 2020, 2 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - July 8, 2020, 7:54 p.m.
Like Reply

Dave,

You are an extreme bully who disrespects other peoples views, forum standards/rules,  uses foul language and relies on those convincing sounding words I mentioned earlier without the facts/science to back them up much of the time, (especially on the fake climate crisis)

But you have come to a site that is loaded with all the authentic facts, studies and science that expose your statements. 

Your favorite source, CNN is telling you what you want to believe.

President Trump is also very full of crap on many, many statements he makes. 

He isn't the one posting here, wxdavid is.

By wxdavid - July 8, 2020, 10:59 p.m.
Like Reply

in what way I have  violated  any of the forum rules ?

By wxdavid - July 8, 2020, 11:01 p.m.
Like Reply

Dave, you ever watched Tucker. One of the smartest, quick witted, and honest hosts on tv.. Ever checked his ratings? Fired? Really? For being more truthful than the entire staff of the other networks combined. And, yes if you were in the military you are still open for critizism.

yes I have.  IMO he is  a shallow   stupid  bigot

By wxdavid - July 8, 2020, 11:08 p.m.
Like Reply

Your lack of understanding about this is shockingly deficient. That was my profession for 11 years from 1982-1993.

Clearly, you are letting your biased belief system and seeing the world being defined to you by CNN as being divisive by intended design affect your ability to see the picture with clarity...................most people are losing their ability to think critically and with common sense..........that was easier to do for most people before the MSM hijacked the messages for their political agenda.    

Good for you.

Unfortunately, your reply here is not relevant to the points I made.
There is a distinction between objectivity and neutrality.

You may not agree with my terms and definitions and I am perfectly willing to discuss it. But your assertion that because  YOU were in the news business for 11-years that your view is the only one that's valid and that my interpretation is crap …. Well  that doesn't really impress me.

It seems to me what you're doing is bullying people with your control of the Forum.
You are using  the logical fallacy of appeal to Authority in order to dismiss my ideas

Again if you want to discuss the difference between media objectivity and media neutrality I'm certainly willing to listen to your experience. But if you just going to assert that your experience means that  I  should not post on this topic …   well that's not going to work

By metmike - July 8, 2020, 11:22 p.m.
Like Reply

"Again if you want to discuss the difference between media objectivity and media neutrality I'm certainly willing to listen to your experience."

Your posts above tell us the complete opposite Dave.

metmike: You don't have to appreciate that I might know a thing or 2 or 3 about the job of the media since that was my job for 11 years........but that's you.

More evidence below that you won't believe facts if they don't match up with your belief system:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/55278/

Dave: "Let me see I have this right. You are stating that YOU personally over the course of  25 years have  NEVER  ever witnessed a single racial incident of any kind ever involving 3500 students.

Not only is that impossible to believe but it tells me that you are completely unable to detect racial animosity."

Dave,

You are a mean bully with extreme tunnel vision views, who disrespects others that don't agree with him and uses foul language and spews hatred. At least president Trump doesn't use foul language but you could be his personality/character twin!

I do appreciate several of your other posts on weather. That was wonderful.

By mcfarm - July 9, 2020, 9:34 p.m.
Like Reply

ok Dave you have stepped in it again. Tucker Carlson a bigot? Either put the proof up now or apologize immediately for such an untrue slant. Otherwise you are the bigot and a few other select things. This day and age with all Americans walking round on egg shells we sure do not need someone throwing around the word bigot so freeely

By metmike - July 10, 2020, 12:48 a.m.
Like Reply

Calm down mcfarm,

Is calling people they don't like, racists and bigots part of the "name calling 101" class that all Democrats must take before passing the test of being a member of the party (-:

But seriously, 

Dave has used dozens of words like that to refer to people he doesn't like, including posters here in the last week. 

Don't let it upset you because this has defined his posting. Maybe we can get him to change it or else more of his posts will be deleted and finally just all of them blocked.

By wxdavid - July 10, 2020, 2:13 a.m.
Like Reply

Mike wrote

Is calling people they don't like, racists and bigots part of the "name calling 101" class that all Democrats must take before passing the test of being a member of the party (-:

Let me see if I have this right. You have a president of the United States who rage tweets 200 times A-day almost every day. He raged tweets with the most unbelievable vicious unnpresidential name calling of all time  but and you think that only democrats engage in name calling?

Have you no shame have you no sense of integrity about these sorts of things?

By wxdavid - July 10, 2020, 2:15 a.m.
Like Reply

Mcfarm....

1st let me say that really did not see your question posted the earlier and the Tucker crawls and thread. I was not intentionally docking or avoiding your question. For that I apologize but I simply did not see your request

If you give me some time later on a Friday I will put together a list of different things and charges that I think support my claim about Tucker Carlson. Then if you wish to you can debate be on the issue

By wxdavid - July 10, 2020, 2:23 a.m.
Like Reply

Mike wrote

You are a mean bully with extreme tunnel vision views, who disrespects others that don't agree with him and uses foul language and spews hatred. At least president Trump doesn't use foul language but you could be his personality/character twin!

I do appreciate several of your other posts on weather. That was wonderful.

Well I'm sorry you think that a mean bully. I think I'm a little direct sometimes and perhaps I come across a little confrontational but I don't see how or where any of my comments could be viewed  Viewed as boying. Perhaps if you could point out a specific instance ?

With regard to your experience in the media. I have not question your experience  in any way. I'm asking you to use your experience to explain to me what the difference is between neutrality and objectivity.

I think your definition and perspective of what news media should do is particularly warped. Perhaps it is my misunderstanding. You keep talking about all this experience that you have but It's not really helping in the conversation.

The on thing you do if your experience and news media is to tell people not to question you and to throw your authority and experience around.

By metmike - July 10, 2020, 3:55 a.m.
Like Reply

Dave,

I pointed out examples many, many times when they occurred......with Gunter, Wayne and myself. 

I’m not going to play games with you on this Dave. You shouldn’t even be here. You can either stop arguing about it and start being civil to posters that disagree with you or you will go bye bye.

Stop  what you are doing now......trying to argue that you really are not a bully  and really are not what metmike says and it’s just  him “telling people not to question him” again.

You know that’s untrue because that’s the one thing I encourage people to do is question me, especially on climate or science.

I would also appreciate you not making things up......like that I don’t believe in the greenhouse affect, or that I am either lying or delusional reporting no racial incidents with my 25 years as a chess coach, or that there have been no significant protesting in the southern states.....when I showed  you 135 cities in the states you listed that are having many protests or using an example of police reform and NO defunding of police as proof in your thread and titled as defunding police......just a few of numerous examples of you trying to win arguments by resorting to dishonest tactics.

You cause me a lot of extra work when I constantly have to correct your false statements. 

I don’t get paid for this and do iit only because the forum can represent truth, authentic science and positive messages.

And always question me,especially on climate science. For the 4th time, I am asking you to look over my climate threads and please tell me where I’m wrong.

Please Show us evidence that we are having a climate crisis today in the real world,