Fauci says hard-hit states should be 'pausing' the reopening process
24 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - July 9, 2020, 12:02 p.m.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/public-global-health/506566-fauci-says-hard-hit-states-should-be-pausing-the

Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, said Thursday that hard-hit states should not be moving forward with reopening, but stopped short of calling for full shutdowns.

"I would think we need to get the states pausing in their opening process, looking at what did not work well and try to mitigate that," Fauci, a member of the White House coronavirus task force, told The Hill's Steve Clemons. "I don't think we need to go back to an extreme of shutting down."

Fauci struck a different note than he did a day earlier in an interview with The Wall Street Journal when he said states should consider shutdowns.

"I think any state that is having a serious problem, that state should seriously look at shutting down," he said Wednesday. "It's not for me to say because each state is different."

On Thursday, though, he softened his remarks saying, "I would hope we don't have to resort to shutdown."

He added that shutdowns "would not be viewed very favorably."

Speaking at an event hosted by The Hill and sponsored by the Biosimilars Forum, he said hard-hit states should take steps like closing bars, which many have done in recent days, and avoiding large gatherings.

He pointed to California, Arizona, Texas and Florida as accounting for 50 percent of new infections.

"We've got to get them to do very fundamental things," Fauci said. "Closing bars, avoiding congregations of large numbers of people, getting the citizenry in those states to wear masks, maintain six foot distance, [and washing hands]."

"If we can do that consistently, I would tell you almost certainly you're going to see a downturn in those infections," he added.

As new cases have spiked to around 60,000 per day in the United States, Fauci had a somber assessment.

"We've been hit harder than any country in the world," he said.

In contrast, President Trump has continued to downplay the worsening outbreak, tweeting on Thursday that the new cases are simply the result of more testing, despite experts widely saying that is not true. Experts point out that the percentage of tests that come back positive is rising as are hospitalizations in key states, signs that the outbreak cannot be blamed solely on more testing.

Trump also earlier encouraged states to quickly reopen their economies

Comments
By metmike - July 9, 2020, 12:07 p.m.
Like Reply

COVID data/graphs #5 July 8th

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/55092/

New daily positives with the much higher rate of testing and opening up.............and widespread protesting with no social distancing have been going up the last 3 weeks.   Possibly, over half of this is from the increase in testing. Some is surely from opening up and poor habits/lack of precautions and some from the protests.

Deaths  had been going down steadily for  2 months  but could be turning higher soon. The next 2 weeks will tell us a great deal(the time lag between testing positive and dying in many cases).

Find this data here: https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

Daily new infection cases in zig zag blue below. Cumulative new cases in orange on graph 1.

On graph 2, deaths in zig zag purple. Totals deaths in red.

By wxdavid - July 9, 2020, 4:20 p.m.
Like Reply

There is only one rule.
And here it is

IF YOU GO AGAINST THE SCIENCE YOU WILL LOSE.
All the time
Without fail
In every instance
No exceptions.

By that I mean if you ignore the science, or think it does not matter, you WILL lose.
And if you go against the Science long enough, you will die.

It does not not matter who you are.

It does not matter who you voted for

It does not matter what your religious beliefs are

It does not matter how much money you have

It does not matter what talk show you listen

It does not matter where or how your get your news/ Information

It does not matter how well connected you are.

THERE IS ONLY ONE RULE

=========================

By wxdavid - July 9, 2020, 4:22 p.m.
Like Reply

There is  a certain percentage of the population that does not believe in wearing masks. They believe it is an infringement upon their constitutional rights.

there is a certain percentage of the population that believes stay-at-home orders  are unconstitutional and a form of tyranny.

Every other G20 Nation   features active laissez-faire capitalist conservative parties.   But none of them have this significant percentage of the population that simply refuse to understand any form of basic science.

Not surprisingly in every other G20 Nation the coronavirus is under control and the cases are dropping dramatically.

It is not a coincidence that t he USA   is an effect having a second wave within the first wave!!!!  

We  -- the  USA --  have had explosive if not exponential growth  virus cases  in  southern  
conservative states which have  the following characteristics

1.  the shortage  State lockdowns
  2.  the fastest and completely openings of the state and businesses
  3.  the highest   percentage of people who think that wearing masks are not necessary
  4.  the highest percentage of  people  who do nothing to prevent the spread of the virus 
  5. highest percentage of people   who believe the virus is controlled by secret forces such as Bill Gates and 5G.

and still we have a president and governors who will not make masks mandatory for going outside and entering businesses of any kind.

amazingly the United States of America is going to end up with easily 250,000 dead by October

By metmike - July 9, 2020, 5:09 p.m.
Like Reply

Dave,

I agree with some of your points. Having a rally indoors with 3,000 people, most not wearing masks,  even in a state that isn't near the highest in COVID cases was really a bad decision. At least most people stayed in the safety of their homes to watch it...12 million, a record for Fox.

Trump Rally "Collusion"            

15 responses |             

Started by pj - June 21, 2020, 3:06 p.m.        

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/54280/

What I don't get Dave, if you are for the science, why are you giving us the wrong facts about part of the science? Why are you able to see the virus spreading in all these other places but somehow, over a million people protesting with no social distancing would not be living in the same pandemic virus science world?

It mimics everything that CNN is telling us(you).

+++++++++++++++++++++++

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/55092/

By metmike - July 3, 2020, 1:39 p.m.            

Good point Tim!

Let's put wxdavid's superior science to the test.

Dave: "ignore science states. In fact  there  very few if any   significant   BLM protests  in    GA  SC NC   FL TX  AZ LA  MO   TN   AL"

metmike: Checking the actual data, I found protests in cities of each state listed by Dave, with the number of cities listed . Actual protest numbers are much  higher because many of these cities feature ongoing protests-more than 1 protest:

GA-15 cities

SC-9 cities

NC-15 cities

FL-29 cities

TX-25 cities

AZ-10 cities

LA-7 cities

MO-7 cities

TN-6 cities

AL-11 cities

That would be 135 cities where significant protests are being held in the 10 states that Dave said this about: "there  very few if any   significant   BLM protests"

Many of those cities have been having numerous protests.

List of George Floyd protests in the United States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_George_Floyd_protests_in_the_United_States

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/30/Map_of_George_Floyd_protests_in_North_America.png

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++                            

By metmike - July 3, 2020, 1:49 p.m.            

New reports: COVID-19 cases rising fastest among minorities, young people

https://komonews.com/news/local/new-reports-covid-19-cases-rising-fastest-among-minorities-young-people

"One report, by the Bellevue-based Institute for Disease Modeling, examined the ages of people becoming infected by the coronavirus pandemic. It found that people under age 35 represented 22% of cases from January to March, but by May and June that younger population represented 46 percent of cases.

That report also found that infection rates are rising faster among communities of color than among the white population"

metmike: What a strange coincidence.  That's EXACTLY the age and racial distribution of the protesters!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

By metmike - July 3, 2020, 2:03 p.m.            

For people to think that a million protesters can be smashed together for long periods during the pandemic with the most contagious virus in our life time rampant and only need for most of them to wear masks for hardly anyone to get COVID is not using critical thinking.

Trumps rally in OK was really, really, really dumb, especially with very few people wearing masks(add a few more really's because of that). 

Out of 6,000 people that showed up, certainly some had COVID(maybe none of them knew it) and for sure others sitting by them got it from them.

Let's just say that less than 1% had COVID, hypothetical very conservative number of 30.

Out of those 30, many could have been contagious and some super carriers. So they could have easily spread it to 100+ other people(again, being conservative because the numbers could have been much higher).

Out of those 100 that get/got it, they will then spread it to hundreds of others after the rally...........and its out of control. Some of those people will die.

With the protests, wearing a mask makes it much safer(small risk) but not completely safe. You are multiplying the rally numbers by 200!  

If you have a small number and multiply it by a big enough number............that number becomes BIG!

The people exposed to COVID from the protests was a big number.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

By wxdavid - July 9, 2020, 5:17 p.m.
Like Reply

What I don't get Dave, if you are for the science, why are you giving us the wrong facts about part of the science? Why are you able to see the virus spreading in all these other places but somehow, over a million people protesting with no social distancing would not be living in the same pandemic virus science world?

OUTSIDE    SUNSHINE   VS INSIDE       
WHAT YOU  ARE MISSING  MIKE IS THE IMPACT OF  AIR CONDITIONING ON THE VERSUS..    

This table clearly shows  that the virus will stay active on surfaces and in the air  at temps  72 degrees with Low humidity  -- ideal a/c c -- for  18 hours !!!!

By wxdavid - July 9, 2020, 5:19 p.m.
Like Reply

FROM  THE PURE SCIENCE   WEB SITE

https://www.kqed.org/science/1966378/no-coronavirus-spike-from-black-lives-matter-protests-experts-say

No Coronavirus Spike From Black Lives Matter Protests in Bay Area, Experts Say

By wxdavid - July 9, 2020, 5:26 p.m.
Like Reply

BLM PROTESTS  :

outside
 in sunshine
 excellent ventilation
 strong  UV
 90%+  wearing masks

NO  BIG  OUT BREAKS FROM THE PROTESTS DETECTED

Woman, 15 friends all test positive for coronavirus after night out at Lynch’s

40-year-old health care worker says she regrets not taking precautions

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020/06/15/woman-15-friends-test-positive-for-coronavirus-after-night-out-at-lynchs/

15  WOMEN IN FLORIDA   ALL INFECTED

INSIDE  - no sun   no UV  rays
AIR CONDITIONING  
close   to  many people
shouting Laughing  talking
 3 hours    NOT 1 MASK
NOT moving around    /. no ventilation

By metmike - July 9, 2020, 5:34 p.m.
Like Reply

Did you actually read that study/paper Dave?

The asserted that the BLM protests caused COVID cases to go down.

Hugh?

According to them, the violence and crime committed by the protesters caused most people to be afraid and stay home.  Because more people stayed home, they theorized this caused less people to be exposed and thus it DECREASED the number of COVID cases.

That's absurd and tells us that its just another batch of biased scientists, researchers(we know that they lean extremely to the left) who knew what the study should tell us before it started. 

They don't even ask new COVID positives if they have been to a rally.

More evidence of what is, sadly prevalent in science today:

Why Most Published Research Findings Are False

https://journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.0020124

The difference between me and alot of people on these studies is:

1. I dont just buy into whatever conclusions they make. If its important, I will go over their data and try to find other, objective sources of related data to either confirm their findings or make me skeptical or make me laugh, like with this one.  

2. I will subject it to the common sense/critical thinking test.

3. As a scientist that has scoured thru thousands of studies, I may not understand some fields beyond my area of expertise but I have developed some skill at telling what is good and what is junk science.

By wxdavid - July 9, 2020, 5:35 p.m.
Like Reply

Chinese study shows out of 7,324 transmission cases in 318 different locations only 1 case of transmission of virus while outside

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.04.20053058v1

Three hundred and eighteen outbreaks with three or more cases were identified, involving 1245 confirmed cases in 120 prefectural cities. We divided the venues in which the outbreaks occurred into six categories: homes, transport, food, entertainment, shopping, and miscellaneous. Among the identified outbreaks, 53.8% involved three cases, 26.4% involved four cases, and only 1.6% involved ten or more cases. Home outbreaks were the dominant category (254 of 318 outbreaks; 79.9%), followed by transport (108; 34.0%; note that many outbreaks involved more than one venue category). Most home outbreaks involved three to five cases. We identified only a single outbreak in an outdoor environment, which involved two cases. Conclusions: All identified outbreaks of three or more cases occurred in an indoor environment, which confirms that sharing indoor space is a major SARS-CoV-2 infection risk.

In summary Mike the research clearly shows that my position is correct and yours is not.

Now I know you're going to dispute that but that's because of your politics. BUT   the  Science shows  that
being outside even with mass protests and wearing masks in the sunshine will ultraviolet light did  and could  not  cause a spike in cases. The research is certain on this. 

What you perceive to be a CNN   LIBERAL media bias is in fact my research on other issues that you are not aware of. So instead of giving me due  consideration as to asking why I think XYZ is true ….  you automatically assume that  I am influenced i  by  CNN /  media bias / liberal thinking.  

I think that's very disrespectful and I certainly don't think that of you. 

By mcfarm - July 9, 2020, 5:46 p.m.
Like Reply

"mostly wearing masks" OHH MY GOD, almost fell out of my chair. So most of the looters, rapists, robbers, thieves, and bastards that burn small businesses down wore masks. Wow Dave you have gone around the bend. In the old west if you wore a mask to commit that sort of crime you would of been shot on site even though you would of defended these same bastards because they wore a mask. Hey give us a break.

By metmike - July 9, 2020, 6:07 p.m.
Like Reply

Dave,

Nice study..........except that the outdoor cases did not involve a million+ people which is exactly what you are missing. Doing all those things LOWERS the risk of transmission to a smaller number but if you multiply a small number by a big enough number, it becomes significant.

There were probably millions of protestors(I was one in our town) and there was no social distancing and it defies critical thinking to believe that alot of people did not get exposed.

You can reduce the risk by 99%(probably not that much but just for example) but if you multiply the number of exposures by 1,000,000+ you will still end up with a large number of cases.

Here was my post earlier today related to this.

Note the tough decision that our Nut Club had to make to cancel this OUTDOOR event, despite them being able to make masks mandatory but it would have features huge crowds of mainly young people with no social distancing. We have a very low number of cases in this red neck county. They had no choice but to follow the science and  common  sense and cancel this tremendously beneficial  outdoor event.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/55381/

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WHY trump is demanding FL schools open  even though he cant force it            

By metmike - July 9, 2020, 11:18 a.m.            

With regards to the Fall Festival in Evansville IN being cancelled.

This event raises millions of dollars every year for non profits/charities. 2nd biggest street festival in the USA and been going for almost a century.

Not having it will hurt the local community and budgets of 150 different organizations that are devoted to helping others/making the world a better place.

However, the risks were just too high for spreading COVID, with thousands of people crammed together, especially in the evenings with no social distancing possible...........exactly, almost a carbon copy of the environment at every protest.

Even requiring a mask and being outdoors, after consulting experts and using the science of transmission, the responsible adults had no choice. 

You just can't have thousands of people close together..... with no social distancing during a pandemic..............not even for altruistic causes that raise millions of dollars and help make the world a better place.

With that being the case, and the protests being a carbon copy of our Fall Festival, how is it that the protests/COVID, according to the one side/MSM are NOT doing the same thing that they would do at our Fall Festival?

A million+ people with no social distancing during a pandemic and the virus will not spread?  

I saw one absurd study that is being  used that claims COVID numbers dropped because of the protests. Hugh?

The rational was that non protesters were afraid of the crime and violence at the protests and spent more time at home, instead of being out in the protesting community, so this beneficial factor was the greatest.

Reminds me exactly of scientists who twist the current climate optimum into a climate crisis because their assumption is "we have a climate crisis"  let's find things that might support that and twist the interpretation of all data so it lines up with that. They manufacture that with computer simulations of the atmosphere, using hand picked mathematical equations that have been busted for over 3 decades....for the anti science, political agenda.

Same thing with the protests. Come up with an absurd, anti science justification for political protests when anybody thinking critically, like those cancelling our Fall Festival KNOW with certainty that the protests are spreading COVID. 

The most massive new cases just happen to be from the exact same age group and racial make up of the protesters...............but it's supposedly entirely  from opening up and zero from the protests.

Like Gunter said in a previous post, COVID is the smartest virus in history. Somehow, it knows to not affect any people at the thousands of protests around the country and to  only go after people doing anything but protesting. 

West Side Nut Club Fall Festival canceled due to COVID-19, half-pot still planned

https://www.courierpress.com/story/news/local/2020/07/08/evansville-west-side-nut-club-fall-festival-canceled-due-covid-19-half-pot-still-planned/5397569002/

By bear - July 9, 2020, 6:39 p.m.
Like Reply

of course fauci would say that.  he is a medical professional.  he does NOT understand economics.  

someone who understands economics would be smart enough to NOT shut down the economy.  

as a simple cost/benefit analysis,  the bad effects of shutting down the economy are far worse than the bad effects of keeping the economy open and humming.  

By wxdavid - July 9, 2020, 7:14 p.m.
Like Reply

ALSO.... In that earlier post where you posted the map All the protests across the 48  States you have quickly notice that most of those dots or markers of protests were in the northern States and few were in the Southern States. That's pretty much what I said earlier

Yet again where have been the big outbreaks? They have not been in council vainya New York Michigan Illinois Ohio council vainya New Jersey Massachusetts or Connecticut.

All of the outbreaks have a chord in the Southern States where the mask wearing is demonstrably much less than any other portion of the country

By metmike - July 9, 2020, 7:14 p.m.
Like Reply

This is a solid point bear.

There is a risk/reward element here that is being overlooked.

We could lower the speed limit to 10mph everywhere and save 40,000 lives a year.

But there is great value in time saved, used for productive things when people get to and from their destinations quicker.......besides it just adding to the quality of their lives........vacations and so on.

Where is the balance?

The initial objective to widespread, complete shut downs was to flatten the curve and keep the medical/health care system from being overwhelmed.

That was completely accomplished and at an historically costly  hit to the economy.

Was it worth it?

I think so because it greatly reduced the chance of an apocalypse and millions dying.

But now, we have those fighting the re opening to get the economy going again. 

Their objective in most cases is not the same as the objective in March...........to flatten the curve because we know enough to realize that this is going to be with us for a long time and we just can't stay at home for a year and cause the cure to be 10 times worse than the disease. 

We know that cases are going up but deaths are not(yet). It's more younger people and a higher % of blacks that are being affected in the last 5 weeks. 

For younger people, this is not nearly as deadly as for the elderly, so deaths will NOT follow the same curve. At least half the new cases are from increased testing. Yet, when watching the MSM, I hear none of that. Not one time. 

It's all about how the new case numbers are sky rocketing and its all from opening up the economy too soon and too much and this is horrible.

No discussion on the deaths NOT going higher or the millions of people back to work, back to their gyms, back to something closer to normal in their lives.

When our gyms reopened, I was the happiest guy in town!

Is what we are experiencing with new case numbers worth it?

In most states, including Indiana, absolutely yes.

Why doesn't the MSM talk about this? Instead we hear only about the worst states and worst cities and the blame that they opened up too soon.

Not true for the vast majority of the country., including much of the South) but not all of the South, where some places are seeing high enough spikes up that shutting down more might make sense.

I have only worn a mask to the protest and no place else but we have low numbers and I only go to the grocery store and gym and I know that I don't have it and will not be giving it to anybody there. 

The city council here is going to mandate masks everywhere indoors at businesses, starting next week.

I'm ok with that. It's good science.

If we have more mask wearing and social distancing and can cut waaay back on the protesting, which is accomplishing nothing at this point,  I think the numbers can start going back down. 

By wxdavid - July 9, 2020, 7:18 p.m.
Like Reply

The most massive new cases just happen to be from the exact same age group and racial make up of the protesters...............but it's supposedly entirely  from opening up and zero from the protests.

I'm sorry but you don't have a case to be made from science. You being sarcastic is not the same thing as science . I know you find it hard to believe and you have posted this comment with clear sarcasm and disdaining your voice but that's still not science.

Being outside in fresh air and sunshine dramatically lowers the risk of transmission. That's a fat. I don't care if you want accept it it doesn't matter. Except it great don't accept  That's OK to. But it doesn't change the reality

Opening up the country going to bars restaurants cinemas malls churches supermarkets museums is what's causing the rise in the cases. I know your politics the man's that you think it's only the protesters. Again there is no science or data of any kind because a fortune and the fact that you find it hard to believe doesn't change anything.

It's called being wrong Mike and thats what  you are

wrong

By wxdavid - July 9, 2020, 7:25 p.m.
Like Reply

Mcfarm wrote this vile neo fascist   crap

mostly wearing masks" OHH MY GOD, almost fell out of my chair. So most of the looters, rapists, robbers, thieves, and bastards that burn small businesses down wore masks. Wow Dave you have gone around the bend. In the old west if you wore a mask to commit that sort of crime you would of been shot on site even though you would of defended these same bastards because they wore a mask. Hey give us a break.

What you said is so offensive and so extreme that I'm almost beside myself with rage. I did not say the rapist the looters the burners the rioters werecwearing masks. I never came close to saying that .

I said the peaceful protesters which the vast majority of the people have been were wearing masks. You intentionally lied and distort my words in order to cause a reaction.

MET MIKE..  What his guy has done here is completely lie and distort what I said he is placing me in the defense of riders and criminals when I said nothing of the kind. His post is deceitful it's a lie and it's inflammatory. I'm asking that he slap him upside his head over this comment that he has made.

I'm holding my tongue from using the F bomb here but I really want to.

By metmike - July 9, 2020, 8:47 p.m.
Like Reply

Dave,

You just won't believe me and that's your choice. 

The Fall Festival Committee here had to make a tough choice that cost this community many millions of dollars because THIS IS THE REAL WORLD.

They know that when you have massive crowds of young people together with no social distancing, even with most wearing masks and it being outdoors, a significant number of people will still be exposed to the virus.

1,000,000 X a small risk/person = alot of people affected.

Showing me a study(that claimed the protests cause the numbers to go down because other people were afraid to leave their homes) is just another in the long line of biased studies that define science today.

Showing me a study that had a tiny fraction of the people outdoors that are occurring with these protests is not a comparison to similar conditions. Those were completely different environments.

You told us that there were not any significant rallies in the southern states where the COVID outbreaks were................when I showed you 135 cities in those same states, with numerous rallies that are still ongoing..

The real world Dave. This is where we live and where COVID is.

Where REAL protests are taking in the South. Where the virus is still the most contagious virus in the last century and doesn't vanish magically outdoors. It's still there in high concentrations when you are a couple feet from a person not wearing a mask outside and even masks only LOWER the exposure. People still have contact with other people and touch their faces/eyes/nose. 

This is where REAL people like those looking at the REAL world have to make important decisions like out Fall Festival Committee did. 

By metmike - July 9, 2020, 9:14 p.m.
Like Reply

"MET MIKE..  What his guy has done here is completely lie and distort what I said he is placing me in the defense of riders and criminals when I said nothing of the kind. His post is deceitful it's a lie and it's inflammatory. I'm asking that he slap him upside his head over this comment that he has made.

What you said is so offensive and so extreme that I'm almost beside myself with rage. I did not say the rapist the looters the burners the rioters werecwearing masks. I never came close to saying that ."

I'm holding my tongue from using the F bomb here but I really want to."

Dave,

For somebody that dishes is out on a regular basis.....in fact  more than everybody combined here over the last year+..........and  in just one week of your posts, you sure have a thin skin.

You bring this out in people Dave. Wayne and Gunter were gracious enough to overlook your attacks and I will never respond in kind when you call me a liar or delusional when I provide evidence of no race incidents with my chess kids or that this scientist is ignorant on science.....and you totally make up things over and over.

mcfarm had actually been warned for doing this a very long time ago in a post with Lar. He is not perfect but when I contacted him(no warning like your 4 warnings), his immediate response was to acknowledge it and not to do it again.

And he's done a pretty good job. If this defined mcfarm, he wouldn't be here but despite this post, he has contributed 100 times more than this isolated negative, counter productive posts like this.

But to be fair,

mcfarm,

Please try to avoid future inflammatory posts, similar to the one that got wxdavid so upset. I realize that this is an isolated incident but please, please, please don't let Dave's Trump like posting style bring out the worst in you, like Trump brings out the worst in his enemies. 

Dave actually was banned 12 hours ago and I decided to allow some of his posts thru anyway today to see if he can adjust his style and make positive contributions. He responded with some great weather posts in the trading forum.

I also WANT him to find something wrong with my climate science and he can't do that being banned.

By mcfarm - July 9, 2020, 9:46 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks MM...message received and I will not try to get Dave to understand , it was above his pay grade.....why? because he proved it with his hateful, untrue remark about Tucker Carlson. And I challenged hum to either print proof or apologize which he has done neither. So its plain to see what set him off. His true insides. So instead of trying to be civil and truthful  he had to make stuff up about who I think is a really great person. {Carlson}

By metmike - July 9, 2020, 10:43 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks mcfarm,

I appreciate the cooperative tone.

It's human nature that most people can't master but we should try to not be too upset over somebody attacking us or perceived to be attacking us or our belief system in a way that seems unfair.

There was too much divisiveness in the country before President Obama was elected but it started growing during his 8 years. Then the last 3+ years has seen it increase exponentially to the point of being a major determining factor in the failure of personal relationships.

And US society thanks in part to social media and hate stations like CNN has just incorporated this mindset into our brains like its normal.

A person from the 1980's that traveled in a time machine to the year 2020, would be stunned at the technological advancements and progress but just as shocked at the way we treat other people that we disagree with............often disrespectfully and even with hate, just because they support President Trump. 

They surely would be the most shocked that Trump is president and see his full display of character/personality flaws, featuring his being a bully/mean, using no tact when attacking his many enemies and constantly saying impulsive things that contradict facts.

I used to think that he was the last gasp, delaying the cultural revolution that is inevitable in the next decade but now, am convinced that he is responsible for accelerating it greatly.

He has energized the extreme left that is bent on destroying this culture and way of life to replaced with socialism and caused many that were NOT in that group to go in that direction because its the complete opposite of Trump.

For half the people in the US, whatever Trump stands for...........they want the opposite........even if, once upon a time they were actually for it.

They want the economy to falter, to keep Trump from being elected........even if it hurts almost all Americans. They want to believe in the fake climate crisis even more because Trump says its a fraud.  Whatever he believes or does, it's always wrong, every time(according to CNN).

People with this mentality are letting hatred destroy our country. Hatred is the most destructive emotion, especially to the hater as it blinds them to truths. Their world is defined by whatever Trump tells them. When he is for something, they immediately are against it and believe only in things against it. When he is against something, they become totally for it and only believe in things that are for it...........truth doesn't matter, seeing things objectively or the other person's side gets no weighting. 

Most views are  decided based on whether it helps or hurts Trump and whether he is for it or against it. If we took the exact same realms/topics and Trump had never been born......people would not be blinded by hate which causes them to interpret their world thru it. 

And it's wrecking their world and personal relationships in some cases.

After Trump is defeated in November, the amount of hatred in our country will plunge lower but not low enough because the side that is responsible for most of it, will not have this particular person to hate. 

If Trump would win(very unlikely), it's hard to fathom what would happen because of the extreme reaction by the other side. 

Biden will not be capable of doing the job of a president and he clearly has signaled that he is going to let the far left control much of his agenda. Hello cultural revolution.

For me, this is not such a bad thing. I am for socialized medicine/health care and helping the poor.

I am also for the truth and not using junk science to brainwash people to think that we are having a climate crisis.........by hijacking my field of expertise to accomplish their socialist agenda...........but that train appears to have left the station years ago and all I can do is show a limited number of people here the authentic climate science and truth and try to promote positive messages.

By wxdavid - July 10, 2020, 12:05 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks MM...message received and I will not try to get Dave to understand , it was above his pay grade.....why? because he proved it with his hateful, untrue remark about Tucker Carlson. And I challenged hum to either print proof or apologize which he has done neither. So its plain to see what set him off. His true insides. So instead of trying to be civil and truthful  he had to make stuff up about who I think is a really great person. {Carlson}

McFarm      I  really did NOT see your question to me about Tucker.  
I  apologize   if it seems like I was blowing you off

I will  reply to you later on   Friday. I can make my case about  Carlson.
Of course  you may not agree with my  views  But I will make  my case

Again  my apologizes

By metmike - July 10, 2020, 12:33 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks for the respectful response Dave.

By WxFollower - July 10, 2020, 2:26 a.m.
Like Reply

Hey DT!

It is great to see you again, not only because you are a degreed met with decades of valuable experience and interesting wx posts, but also because there are not too many regular posters here who are not Trump supporters. 

Although I remain a right of center independent and have voted almost entirely GOP over many years, I couldn't bring myself to vote for Trump in 2016 and will not in 2020. Maybe 2024 will lure me back to the GOP, especially if it is a semi-moderate like Kasich, Rubio, or Haley. I have often posted against Trump with only a few posts backing me due to the domination by pro-Trump folks. To Mike's credit, he often has posted about how mean and nasty Trump is even though he stubbornly still strongly supports Trump.

I agree with you on much of what you say about the jerk Trump as I also think he is horrible in many ways...not so much policywise but mainly character-wise although I do very much like the pro-police attitudes of Trump, something Obama was lacking. I'm extremely anti-anarchy and think the left wing moon-bats are terrible for the US.

Regardless of whether or not the protests have caused much of the recent increases in the infections. I will say that much of the MSM has been exhibiting a double standard by being very anti gatherings until very conveniently the anti-police protests got going. Folks like Don Lemon even gave excuses for not just the peaceful protests but also for the rioting and looting! Mayor DeBlasio, who just a few days earlier had lambasted folks walking in parks with nobody near them as well as Chasidic Jews praying outside, suddenly encourages widespread crowds of protests.

I will also note that you posted about the sunshine/UV helping with the protests. But keep in mind that much of that was at night, in late day low sun, or earlier but with sun blocked by buildings. 

As a moderate, I've long liked Biden based on his decades of being a senator who often worked together with the GOP as opposed to being a Dem hack and lib. Until recently, I had expected to vote Biden. However, if his mind doesn't seem to be sound enough, if he picks too strong of a left wing person for VP, and if he looks to stray too far left due to the radical wing, I'll either write-in, vote 3rd party, or abstain for the first time ever.

A message to DT:  please, please do your best to post with more civility  as

1) Your points come across much better with you being civil;

2) I don't want Mike to ban you as we need more political balance plus your great wx posts; and 

3)  I hate to say this but you're almost sounding as bad as wxtrix on American. You and "she" have had it in the past because of "her" nasty 'tude toward you and anyone who isn't a far left moonbat. "She's" ruined the political board there because the staff lets her run roughshot because they're mainly far lefties. 

Do you want to be perceived like "her"? Please try to be calmer, please,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A message to Mike: please, please do whatever you can to not ban DT for the reasons I gave. Most of the folks here who have been banned have been libs. l'm not lib but as a right of center independent, I often feel lonely and weak due to lack of support.  We need some balance. Give him a chance to improve his behavior.

Your posts as a pro-Trump guy have been very domineering imo as they're often very long and in multiples. Also, I do feel that you sometimes treat some of what you say as facts when they're merely your opinions.

--------------------------------------------

Probably nobody will like me much after this post due to my independence from either side <G>,

By metmike - July 10, 2020, 10:29 a.m.
Like Reply

Great post Larry,

The ball is in Dave's court.

He's had 4 HARD warnings and a couple dozen notices for completely unacceptable posts.

I finally had no choice to ban him yesterday but really, really did not want to, so I let some of his posts thru and encouraged him to be a contributor instead of coming here to start fights and disrupt. 

He came thru with some solid weather posts, which is good sign.

Dave,

It's actually quite simple for you. Behave something close to everybody else(outside of mcfarm's .. bone to pick with you), including Larry and pj.......and you can post forever on anything that you choose here.

Incur more violations and I just have no choice but to make your posts go bye bye.

I am not paid for this. I do it with the requirement that OTHER PEOPLE can get something of value here.......including an example of people being civil to each other. 

I pass on my weather and other threads to parents that have kids in my chess program.

Your posting over the last week, including using the F bomb in huge letters, has been a huge embarrassment to me and I would never want any of them to see this. I WILL be proud of our product here or I WON't be here.