I want my DT (play on MTV for those who remember) but with better behavior
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by WxFollower - July 10, 2020, 2:32 a.m.

I thought this deserved its own thread in addition to posting it in the Fauci thread.

To DT and Mike

1. Hey DT!

It is great to see you again, not only because you are a degreed met with decades of valuable experience and interesting wx posts, but also because there are not too many regular posters here who are not Trump supporters. 

Although I remain a right of center independent and have voted almost entirely GOP over many years, I couldn't bring myself to vote for Trump in 2016 and will not in 2020. Maybe 2024 will lure me back to the GOP, especially if it is a semi-moderate like Kasich, Rubio, or Haley. I have often posted against Trump with only a few posts backing me due to the domination by pro-Trump folks. To Mike's credit, he often has posted about how mean and nasty Trump is even though he stubbornly still strongly supports Trump.

I agree with you on much of what you say about the jerk Trump as I also think he is horrible in many ways...not so much policywise but mainly character-wise although I do very much like the pro-police attitudes of Trump, something Obama was lacking. I'm extremely anti-anarchy and think the left wing moon-bats are terrible for the US.

Regardless of whether or not the protests have caused much of the recent increases in the infections. I will say that much of the MSM has been exhibiting a double standard by being very anti gatherings until very conveniently the anti-police protests got going. Folks like Don Lemon even gave excuses for not just the peaceful protests but also for the rioting and looting! Mayor DeBlasio, who just a few days earlier had lambasted folks walking in parks with nobody near them as well as Chasidic Jews praying outside, suddenly encourages widespread crowds of protests.

I will also note that you posted about the sunshine/UV helping with the protests. But keep in mind that much of that was at night, in late day low sun, or earlier but with sun blocked by buildings. 

As a moderate, I've long liked Biden based on his decades of being a senator who often worked together with the GOP as opposed to being a Dem hack and lib. Until recently, I had expected to vote Biden. However, if his mind doesn't seem to be sound enough, if he picks too strong of a left wing person for VP, and if he looks to stray too far left due to the radical wing, I'll either write-in, vote 3rd party, or abstain for the first time ever.

Please, please do your best to post with more civility  as

1) Your points come across much better with you being civil;

2) I don't want Mike to ban you as we need more political balance plus your great wx posts; and 

3)  I hate to say this but you're almost sounding as bad as wxtrix on American. You and "she" have had it in the past because of "her" nasty 'tude toward you and anyone who isn't a far left moonbat. "She's" ruined the political board there because the staff lets her run roughshot because they're mainly far lefties. 

Do you want to be perceived like "her"? Please try to be calmer, please,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike, 

A message to Mike: please, please do whatever you can to not ban DT for the reasons I gave. Most of the folks here who have been banned have been libs. l'm not lib but as a right of center independent, I often feel lonely and weak due to lack of support.  We need some balance. Give him a chance to improve his behavior.

Your posts as a pro-Trump guy have been very domineering imo as they're often very long and in multiples. Also, I do feel that you sometimes treat some of what you say as facts when they're merely your opinions. Although DT has been a bully, I think he has a valid point on this as I've experienced something similar.

--------------------------------------------

Probably nobody will like me much after this post due to my independence from either side <G>,

Comments
By metmike - July 10, 2020, 5:13 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Larry,

Your views and comments are much appreciated. As I’ve mentioned numerous times “we need you here to help provide balance”

I also acknowledge and have known for a very long time that I get  very carried away in my communicating points, especially with dissertations as I call them and epistles as Alex Calle them.

I can try  to be more brief in some situations but you look at my3 dozen climate posts,and you will see that this defines me as a scientist. My wife tells me all the time that I go overboard analyzing  everything.

I use dat, charts, graphs nd often too many words.....like right now......sorry.

With regards to Dave.he is already the poster with 9 lives. I Spend the majority of my time in this world being  part of positive things that make the world better.

I’m not going to be part of a forum that features people or a person that doesn’t respect others or basic standards that apply to everybody else.

People that come here should not go away feeling violated or insulted or disrespected, even if they disagree on point.

I don’t care what Dave’s points are as long as he remains civil And honest.

As you might know he was banned a couple of times by Alex, the last time for life but I gave him new life. 

I did the same thing with mojo and he disappointed me. Mojo sends me numerous very hateful emails every week,calling me Nd the forum offensive names. 

Vandenplas also sends regular hate mail, half  dozen just this week,

I see very similar qualities in the way Dave posts here to those guys but will try to help him as much as possible. I know that you like him too because he’s a meteorologist, which might be why I m giving him so many additional chances to behave

By wglassfo - July 10, 2020, 10:04 a.m.
Like Reply

HI Wx

I agree with your post

We need more on your side

I try to post as a I see it

For instance Trump was a complete bully with Canada  using fake dairy stats during the Canada, americian and Mexico trade issues. I fought for Canada, on this forum, although I was merely wasting my time. I felt very lonely during that period

I know what it is like to be alone on this forum, and 1/2 arsed stats that don't tell the whole story