Comments
By wxdavid - July 13, 2020, 11:26 p.m.
Like Reply

who  is  rebel cole?

why is his tweet important?

asking 1  question   based on bogus  data that he's doesn't   understand ... waste of time

By metmike - July 14, 2020, 1:46 a.m.
Like Reply

"based on bogus  data that he's doesn't   understand ... waste of time"

Dave,

Maybe its YOU who doesn't understand. Try to have an open mind and do some homework before you go into your impulsive attack/discredit mode(just like you know who). 

Gunter,

Thanks very much. You are on to something here. Keep us posted please.

COVID test positivity is not a meaningful statistic because not all negatives are reported

https://alachuachronicle.com/covid-test-positivity-is-not-a-meaningful-statistic-because-not-all-negatives-are-reported/

"The percentage of positive COVID tests has increased dramatically in Alachua County and in Florida, and we now have evidence that this percentage is misleading at best.

A quick scan of the labs reporting results to the state (starting on page 24) shows that a number of labs and hospitals are reporting 100% positive tests–i.e., they are not reporting the negatives.

"By law, all test results by physicians, hospitals, and laboratories are required to be reported to the state, but the list of labs reporting 100% positives indicates that’s not happening–or perhaps tests performed by an employer are not covered by the order."

"That means that the official positivity rate for those three days was 13.7%, but when you add the unreported negatives from UF, it becomes 3.9% (and that’s only adding the negatives we know about; there are almost certainly others). That paints a very different picture of community spread.

HomeHealthCOVID test positivity is not a meaningful statistic because not all negatives are reported"

If negative tests aren’t reported, they aren’t added to the total number of tests. That makes the reported positivity rate higher than the actual positive percentage of all tests performed. This can easily be seen when you look at the hospitals reporting 100% positive tests. If they reported 50 positives with 100% positive tests, for example, the number of tests reported to the state is 50. If they did 500 tests to get those 50 positives, 450 tests were not reported to the state and were not added to the total number of tests reported by the state."

By wxdavid - July 14, 2020, 12:52 p.m.
Like Reply

NO  Mike  the problem  is YOU -- not me
 really

I asked Gunter who is a  big Time conspiracy  person here   WHO is Rebel  Cole... and why should his opinion  matter?
 that seems to bother you...?.

In fact I know who he is.
Cole is  a conspiracy  nut.
so ASKING  that question was leading to a bigger point..
One you dont get and it seems ever  will.

if YOU read the  story  - see below -you would someone   made a  CLERICAL  error
  sorry  this is NOT  a vast conspiracy as Cole and Gunter has claimed.

the difference between us is that the  first thing  you did  was go with the conspiracy angle
 With me its the LAST thing  I  look for  

"based on bogus  data that he's doesn't   understand ... waste of time"

Dave,

Maybe its YOU who doesn't understand. Try to have an open mind and do some homework before you go into your impulsive attack/discredit mode(just like you know who).
-----------------------------------------------

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/fox-35-investigates-hospitals-confirm-mistakes-in-floridas-covid-19-report?fbclid=IwAR0jIzFUSL7woHvs5fm-HY6nelj2j_OYAPnpPpvK4dLPyPnlxfkifQOVJpk

ORLANDO, Fla. - The Florida Department of Health released its daily coronavirus testing report showing a statewide positivity rate of 11 percent, but FOX 35 News investigated and quickly noticed some shocking positivity rates.

Countless labs have reported a 100 percent positivity rate, which means every single person tested was positive. Other labs had very high positivity rates. FOX 35 found that testing sites like Centra Care reported that 83 people were tested and all tested positive. Then, NCF Diagnostics in Alachua reported 88 percent of tests were positive.

How could that be? FOX 35 News investigated these astronomical numbers, contacting every local location mentioned in the report.

The report showed that Orlando Health had a 98 percent positivity rate. However, when FOX 35 News contacted the hospital, they confirmed errors in the report. Orlando Health's positivity rate is only 9.4 percent, not 98 percent as in the report.

By wxdavid - July 14, 2020, 1:02 p.m.
Like Reply

And no I will not have an open mind for people who push conspiracy theories.
 I don't care how educated they are.

people who practice and understand the philosophy of science do not  LEAP to conspiracies.
They don't share conspiracy websites  and conspiracy articles.
They just don't do that.
I know there are people out there who are scientists  and they are pretty good scientists.

Like you.

What I don't get is why  those practicing science only  do so in part of  their brain.

The push and need to develop conspiracies to explain certain realities    of economics politics  and in real life
is a failure of education and critical thinking at the highest level and it should be a dangerous sign for
people who are of science to engage in that sort of thinking.

So no ...under no conditions will I ever have an open mind for people who push and deal and sell conspiracy theories

and you should have the same  perspective and you don't

By metmike - July 14, 2020, 1:07 p.m.
Like Reply

Dave,

Please stop mis characterizing me over and over. 

I never claimed a "conspiracy theory"

At least we got you to actually look into it enough to recognize it actually happened........which is a big plus for you. 

That's alot of clerical errors but could all have been from  people that suddenly didn't understand the right way(law) of reporting after months of daily reports.

++++++++++++++++++

Just to let you know, you have stopped making positive contributions the last several days to offset your constant BIG negatives, including calling mcfarm an offensive name. 

Without the positives, under these conditions............

If I suddenly pull the plug, you should not be surprised. 

By wglassfo - July 14, 2020, 1:32 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike:  Would you pull the plug on Trump for his various public statements

We have learned to live with Trump and have made our own decision

Same with posters on this forum

We have learned to live with everybody

There is a lot of good info from different posters

I don't want to lose that

I will make my own decision about any post from anybody. Maybe I am a bit naive in the ways of the world. That is my problem

I know you want civility and some times certain posters push the limit. Personal attacks is another thing that is unexceptable. I know you want links from me

I have been questioned and occasionally attacked

Water off a ducks back

Do you remember Susan

She would push the limit

But she was good at what she did provide to the forum

JMO