MODERNA SIGNIFICANT DEVELOPMENT WITH VACCINE
10 responses | 0 likes
Started by wxdavid - July 14, 2020, 6:27 p.m.

Moderna shares jump as much as 16% after company says its coronavirus vaccine trial produced ‘robust’ immune response

Moderna’s shares soared after the company said its potential vaccine to prevent Covid-19 produced a “robust” immune response in all 45 patients in its early stage human trial, according to newly released data published Tuesday evening in the peer-reviewed New England Journal of Medicine.

After two vaccinations, the vaccine elicited a “robust” immune response in all participants in all dose cohorts, Moderna said. The company said the levels of neutralizing antibodies in patients in the high dose group were fourfold higher than in recovered Covid-19 patients.

“These Phase 1 data demonstrate that vaccination with mRNA-1273 elicits a robust immune response across all dose levels and clearly support the choice of 100 µg in a prime and boost regimen as the optimal dose for the Phase 3 study,” Moderna’s chief medical officer, Tal Zaks, said in a statement. “We look forward to beginning our Phase 3 study of mRNA-1273 this month to demonstrate our vaccine’s ability to significantly reduce the risk of COVID-19 disease.”

In May, the company had released preliminary information from its early stage trial, but it lacked all of its data and it hadn’t been peer-reviewed yet.

Moderna said the vaccine was generally well-tolerated, but more than half of the participants reported mild or moderate symptoms such as fatigue, muscle aches or pain at the injection site.

Evaluation of the durability of immune responses is ongoing, Moderna said, and participants will be followed for one year after the second vaccination

moderna’s experimental vaccine contains genetic material called messenger RNA, or mRNA. The mRNA is a genetic code that tells cells what to build — in this case, an antigen that may induce an immune response to the virus. It became the first candidate to enter a phase 1 human trial in March.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/14/moderna-says-its-coronavirus-vaccine-trial-produced-robust-immune-response-in-all-patients.html

Comments
By Richard - July 15, 2020, 8:37 a.m.
Like Reply

Did they add the 50 ml of Mercury to the trial vaccine or does that come later?

By wxdavid - July 15, 2020, 10:36 a.m.
Like Reply

Trolling  right?

By Richard - July 15, 2020, 11:29 a.m.
Like Reply

I am not sure what you mean by that. Are you implying that I am a Troll?? Why is that? That was a good question.

By GunterK - July 15, 2020, 12:34 p.m.
Like Reply

Moderna is truly a spectacular success story. It is a relatively young company, founded in 2010…. a company that has never had a successful product… and within a few weeks, it has now become the #1 player in the battle against Covid19.

Their approach to vaccination is mRNA technology.

(I am not an expert in immunology, so, forgive me, if my explanation below is incorrect)

Traditional vaccines are injections of a small quantity of a known virus, intended to build up immunity against that virus.

mRNA technology injects artificial nano-particles, which are programmed to take over and control the patient’s cells and, in our case of Covid19, create Covid19 antibodies.

It seems to me, in the future, the injection of programmed nano-particles could be used for all kinds of projects. (what could possibly go wrong???)

The financial success of Moderna was given a big boost by Dr Fauci, our nation’s #1 corona-expert. Dr. Fauci has for some time now lauded the company and pinned the nation’s hope on Moderna’s vaccine research, even though many scientists considered his praises to be premature.

But then….Dr Fauci’s NIH is a major shareholder in this business

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/news/new-docs-nih-owns-half-of-moderna-vaccine/

By wxdavid - July 15, 2020, 2:08 p.m.
Like Reply

children   defense     web site  is  anti vaxxer    KOOK anti science    web site

Robert  F Kennedy jr  is a    nutcase

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/05/08/robert-kennedy-jr-measles-vaccines-226798

RFK Jr. Is Our Brother and Uncle. He’s Tragically Wrong About Vaccines.

We love Robert F. Kennedy Jr., but he is part of a misinformation campaign that’s having heartbreaking—and deadly—consequences.

By KATHLEEN KENNEDY TOWNSEND, JOSEPH P. KENNEDY II and MAEVE KENNEDY MCKEAN

By wxdavid - July 15, 2020, 2:12 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.discovermagazine.com/environment/is-robert-f-kennedy-jr-anti-science

Because of his celebrity status and standing in liberal and environmental circles, it is arguable that Kennedy has done as much as anyone to spread unwarranted fear and crazy conspiracy theories about vaccines. That said, his rantings have been roundly debunked and one infamous article he wrote in 2005 that contributed to the anti-vaccine hysteria has been retracted by the publishers.

By wxdavid - July 15, 2020, 2:14 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/rfk-jr-15-months-ago-global-warming-means-no-snow-or-cold-in-dc

RFK Jr. in 2008: Global warming means no more snow or cold in DC

winter of 2009-10  saw    3   actual  blizzards in VA MD DEL    southeast PA/ south NJ

By GunterK - July 15, 2020, 3:32 p.m.
Like Reply

David,

with all due respect, IMHO it is irrelevant whether the author of the linked article is an anti-vaxxer or believes in the climate emergency hoax.

The key question in this thread is.... will Dr Fauci and his NIH benefit financially from Moderna selling billions of vaccines around the world?  If so, this would explain why Dr Fauci promoted the Moderna company, against the advice of many scientists.

as far as vaccinations are concerned, I am not an export. All I know is that many doctors point out that many illnesses were eliminated by vaccines. And there are many other doctors who tell us about unwanted serious side effects caused by vaccinations

By joj - July 16, 2020, 6:38 p.m.
Like Reply

This was a response from a Barron's article.  Basically it says "not so fast"...

People should actually read the source in the NEJM (New England Journal of Medicine) instead of relying on sensationalized headlines and short editorialized articles. I dont know how many times we can count the same vaccine following schedule as expected as a positive development. This doesnt change the timeline, this doesnt change anything. We're all expecting a vaccine by the end of the year and there's nothing new or especially encouraging here. There's no mention of the vaccine's durability, which has become an increasingly important question. There were mild to moderate side effects in 33%, 67%, and 53% of the single vaccination group.  In the second vaccination group, which may be needed if the antibodies are not durable, 54% of the low dose and 100% of the two higher dose groups had side effects, 21% severe. There was also a patient who dropped out due to side effects. Basically, anything less than these results should be considered a big disappointment. What this tells is in a short term, small (45 person) study, the vaccine showed enough promise of effectiveness and safety to warrant further development. That's it. You can ask anyone familiar with biotech and they'll tell you every drug that makes it to trials shows promise, thats why they make it to trials, but most of them fail. Now I hope this doesnt fail, but I mean, just say the word vaccine and people act like the world has shifted. This only enables people to dismiss the virus because they think the cure is right around the corner.

By metmike - July 16, 2020, 8:19 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks joj, 

I think this perspective sounds very wise and realistic.

Do you have a link to the article? 

We would enjoy reading it. If not, no big deal. You made some great points from it.