China/USA hot war
5 responses | 1 like
Started by wglassfo - July 27, 2020, 11:22 a.m.

There are a few comments here and there about a hot war between China and the USA

I think a hot war will not happen

The reason some think a hot war with china will happen, as those people draw comparisons with  tensions similar to and before WW11

However it is different today

Russia and the USA had a cold war for ages but finally russia imploded. Russia did not use nuclear bombs. The USA and russia did not engage in a full out hot war.

The difference today is a possible nuclear war. Would the loser not resort to nuclear or would they accept defeat

We all know the consequences of nuclear war

There is no winner

IMO neither side will start a hot war as the end result would be nuclear with no winner

Not saying everything else is not on the table except a hot war 

Nuclear makes this time different

Comments
By GunterK - July 27, 2020, 11:59 a.m.
Like Reply

I agree with you. Neither side wants to have a nuke dropped on their county.

The only political leader (in China, Russia, the USA) to start a nuclear war, would have been Hillary (as she has stated herself)

By metmike - July 27, 2020, 7:34 p.m.
Like Reply

"The only political leader (in China, Russia, the USA) to start a nuclear war, would have been Hillary (as she has stated herself)"

H.Clinton's position was certainly more "hawkish" than Trumps but this wildly speculative statement that I've read elsewhere has no substantive evidence to support it. 

I welcome any evidence that you have which I lack on it. 

By GunterK - July 28, 2020, 12:06 a.m.
Like Reply

Hi mm,

In 2016, there was a video that showed Hillary answering questions, while surrounded by a few reporters. The subject was Iran, and a possible nuclear attack against iran.

If I remember her words correctly, she said "she would not hesitate to make a preemptive nuclear strike".

This video clip is no longer available. Unfortunately, at that time, I did not know that we have to download interesting stuff before it is removed.

By GunterK - July 28, 2020, 12:30 a.m.
Like Reply

the video below is not the video I was talking about... the one of which I remember her words rather precisely

However, in the video below, she also talks about nuclear engagement with Iran.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUOTTp2uwWI

By metmike - July 28, 2020, 1:16 a.m.
Like Reply

Wow!