Joe Biden chooses Kamala Harris as his vice-presidential running mate
8 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Aug. 11, 2020, 4:27 p.m.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/11/joe-biden-chooses-kamala-harris-as-his-vice-president/?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=push-notification&utm_campaign=joe-biden-chooses-kamala-harris-as-his-vice-president

Joe Biden has selected Sen. Kamala Harris as his running mate, ending months of speculation that the former California attorney general and one-time Democratic presidential candidate would join his ticket.

The 55-year-old Oakland-born lawmaker was long considered the top contender given her strong prosecutorial experience, performance in the Senate, and friendship with Biden’s late son, Beau.

Harris brings crucially-needed youth and diversity to Biden’s ticket as the 77-year-old presidential candidate faces scrutiny over his advanced age and mental acuity.

Biden committed to choosing a woman as his veep and was lobbied to select a running mate of color after the death of George Floyd in May sparked a nationwide reckoning on race.

Born to an Indian mother and Jamaican father, Harris, who identifies as black, served two terms as the District Attorney for San Francisco before becoming Attorney General of California in 2011.

She was elected as the Senator for California in 2016, and last year announced her White House bid before pulling the plug in December when her campaign ran out of cash.

Harris’ presidential run increased scrutiny of her prosecutorial record and she struggled to defend her tough-on-crime approach, which included supporting legislation in which the parents of habitually truant children could be charged.

Despite this, the lawmaker billed has herself as a “progressive prosecutor” and since joining Congress has supported measures to ban assault weapons and declassify marijuana as a controlled substance.

Comments
By metmike - Aug. 11, 2020, 4:39 p.m.
Like Reply

Not only will this likely be the next VP but odds are high that she will also be the first woman president of the US.

By joj - Aug. 11, 2020, 8:07 p.m.
Like Reply

Who do you hire to prosecute a Criminal in the White House?  A prosecutor!

By TimNew - Aug. 11, 2020, 9:41 p.m.
Like Reply

A racist and sexist choice.

By metmike - Aug. 12, 2020, 5:57 p.m.
Like Reply

I think this was an excellent choice.

I would probably not vote for her but an excellent choice for the democrats to defeat Trump and give the dems a reason to vote for Biden, other than because he's not Trump.

Since Biden is a shell of his former self and not likely able to be able to perform the the job of president(I showed last month the comparisons to prove this to pj and WxFollower), more people will be voting for the VP than ever before in history.

Watch  what happens now. Count on this too.

The MSM is totally aware that Biden is way over the hill and losing cerebral functioning fast. This has made it almost impossible for them to actively promote him the way that they want to because they are actually hoping to NOT remind people of how fragile and incapable that he is.

However, Camela Harris is the complete opposite. She is extremely sharp, charismatic, young, black and a woman. 

They will be maximizing the coverage of Camela. She is polished and they will be making the case that she is ready to step into being the president immediately.

She was just on delivering a speech.

Very strong leader. 

However, she sited Obama/Biden's record on fighting Ebola, with only 2 deaths to compare it to Trump's record on COVID.

WTF! This is one of the most intentionally dishonest distortions of facts in history! Why would she say such a stupid thing? COVID is 1,000 times more contagious. To stop Ebola from spreading, all you needed to do was.............nothing. It stopped itself. 

This would be like telling us that cars are safe, using a car accident that killed 2 people and comparing it to the Civil War  that killed 600,000 people without cars. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/56799/

'No big Biden fan, for years thought he was sort of a ding bat. But to me there could well be some considerable truth to https://niemanreports.org/articles/biden-stutter/"

Thanks pj,

I assume that you must not have gone back to look at those ding bat years to compare Biden then, with Biden today.

Here's some vintage Biden then so that you can compare..........was he stuttering?  Confused? Acting like a ding bat?

No need to show you Biden now...........you can see for yourself its not nearly the same Joe.

Most people lose a mental step when they get to Biden's age. Nothing unnatural and nothing to be ashamed about. However, people running for the office of president should not have clearly lost several steps in just the last several years.

One side is trying to convince us that Joe has always been like this..........to assure us that there won't be additional cognitive declines that come with dementia. 

Joe has  NOT always been like this. 

The old Joe was sharp as a tack and had gifted communication and speaking skills. See for yourself. This was a man that was qualified to lead the country as president. 

Joe Biden makes impassioned speech on apartheid in resurfaced 1986 footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_v00iGJCLY

1988 Road to the White House with Sen. Biden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1j0FS0Z6ho

He actually got busted lying about his credentials and for plagiarizing which ended his first presidential campaign above but he had lots of fire and was very effective at projecting powerful messages.  When he speaks now, at times he struggles to find the right words and for me watching/listening, I feel uncomfortable because he seems VERY uncomfortable.

I would have voted for him in 1988 if he had been the nominee.             

Joe Biden is in cognitive decline as evidenced by the speeches above  that allow us to see the Joe before cognitive decline to compare with today. 

Can he still have good debates?

Sure and with low expectations, he will be allowed a few gaffs and still have the MSM interpreting it as Joe BIden not in cognitive decline. 

But he clearly is.

My biggest concern and question is, "What will be the rate of his continuing cognitive decline the next 4 years? It's possible that it will be very slow and he is not that much worse than he is now. 

But that should never be a question we seriously ask about somebody that makes it to the ballet in November. If you are already in cognitive decline of any type, it should automatically disqualify you from holding the most important office in the land................... which has the requirement of being at the top of your cognitive game.

By metmike - Aug. 12, 2020, 6:41 p.m.
Like Reply

CNN is already turning it into a Trump vs Harris fight.

Biden has always been fair game for Trump to attack. He's an old(older than his age) white, male with deteriorating cerebral functioning and corruption(Ukraine).

Previous things that he said and did are being questioned(though I don't see them as hurting him) and you can't use his sex or race as the reason that he is being scrutinized.

Not so with Camela. In fact, Biden and CNN's narrative today is all about Trump attacking her because she is a woman.

Trump has been unfairly labelled as a racist for 3 years(he attacks all of his enemies with equal vigor, regardless of race but when its a black person..........its BECAUSE they are black).

When he attacks Camela, even if its something  legit(which it might not be) he can NEVER win.

If Trump is dead right, the other side wins by doing what CNN is doing today........claiming that he has a serious problem with women in leadership positions.............and of course he's a racist.

Trump needs to focus his attacks on Biden and try to make the race about him and Biden but the MSM is going to make it about Harris vs Trump..........because they know thats the recipe to get Biden elected.

By wglassfo - Aug. 12, 2020, 6:46 p.m.
Like Reply

Joe choose a "top cop" re: her many recorded prisons sentences for substance abuse  etc, some as small as 2 oz.

Now she says she is in favor of substance abuse

Many of the younger age don't want a tough on crime VP

How will Harris be any different than Trump with his law and order agenda vs Harris label of "top cop"

By metmike - Aug. 12, 2020, 7:02 p.m.
Like Reply

Wayne,

I think her position as a prosecutor can also play into disabling the other sides attempt to use "defunding the police" and law and order as an issue.

Her job was to prosecute criminals and put them away, working WITH THE COPS. 

Somebody like that is not going to be a "defund the police" person.

Trump can try to make Biden look weak on crime and against law enforcement(even though he isn't for defunding the police as far as I know) but he(his handlers actually)  just hired somebody that prosecuted criminals for a living for the most important job in his administration...........and his replacement.

This was the perfect choice for the dems.

By mcfarm - Aug. 12, 2020, 7:20 p.m.
Like Reply

MM, what about her instinct, intelligence and fairness......read all her in relation to the Smollet fiasco and the Kavanaugh hearings and summarize just how she did please.