politics, religion, economics, and honey
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by bear - Aug. 14, 2020, 11:29 a.m.

yes, this is a money issue, for me,...  but not much of a trading issue for most of you.

here is a funny thing i have noticed economically during this so-called pandemic.  

as you know,  i have bees and sell honey.  so , yes, there are people who drive by my home to buy honey.  but the last 4 - 5 months,  there has been no religious missionaries stopping by.  the people who normally knock on the door to give you their religious literature,  also will buy honey from me when they stop here.   but lately, none of them have stopped by here.  

most of my normal customers have come by to get some honey.  but the missionaries are no where to be seen.  

so from a business perspective,  the only reason my honey sales are down slightly, is because the missionaries are not out there knocking on doors.  

but i'm not to worried about this.  i have other customers who are asking if i can sell them more honey than what they usually would buy.  

anyway,... just a little economic issue i find to be a bit humorous.  

Comments
By metmike - Aug. 14, 2020, 12:41 p.m.
Like Reply

Fascinating observation bear!

What do you attribute this to?

By bear - Aug. 17, 2020, 1:51 p.m.
Like Reply

i suspect that the missionaries are practicing social distancing,  

i notice that most JW missionaries are older,  so they may have reason to be more concerned about covid.  (they are in the high risk category).  

the mormon missionaries are always younger.  but they have not come around here for a long time.  (maybe i will give a commentary on this topic this weekend).  

By metmike - Aug. 17, 2020, 2:53 p.m.
Like Reply

That makes good sense!