the Biden/Harris press conference
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Aug. 16, 2020, 9:51 p.m.

I am surprised, nobody posted about the Biden/Harris press conference, a few days ago. I found it to be insulting.

I listened to it on the radio. I couldn’t tell whether Biden read from a script or not… no bumbling, no confusion, as is often observed when he is asked questions. He spoke very eloquently.

Naturally, Biden praised the skills of his running mate, with lengthy details, since the purpose of this press conference was to introduce Harris.

He then addressed the horrible economic situation in the US…. “16 mill people out of work”. According to him, we had a booming economy during the 8 years of the Obama/Biden administration, and then came Trump, and look what we’ve got!  “16 mill out of work”

In other words, it was not the virus that caused the horrific unemployment… it was Trump!

He then further expanded on this concept, by telling us not to fear… when he becomes president, he will bring all those jobs back. In other words… all businesses will be immediately re-opened, the virus will be gone, and life will be back to normal, once he is elected. 

If one didn’t read the news, one could assume from Biden’s comments that it was Trump who insisted on schools and businesses remaining closed indefinitely.

Kamela Harris then addressed the handling of the pandemic. She pointed out that the Obama/Biden administration contained the Ebola epidemic to just 2 deaths in the US… as compared to the current 160,000+ fatalities in the US.

What?????

In case you don’t remember, a few years ago, an Ebola epidemic devastated countries in Africa, resulting in 11,000+ deaths. Several US doctors went over there to volunteer. Unfortunately, 2 of them were infected, while working in Africa. Upon their return to the US, one of them immediately died in hospital care, while the other survived after a brief hospital stay.

So she is comparing Obama’s handing of an epidemic on another continent with Trump’s handling of the virus here in our own country.

Whether you approve of Trump’s handling of the corona crisis or not, you must admit, this is a silly comparison.

How dumb do they think the People are? Doesn’t anyone feel insulted for being asked to listen to nonsense like this?

No questions were allowed after their presentation. I assume, Biden's speech writer was not present to answer any questions.

Comments
By metmike - Aug. 16, 2020, 10:19 p.m.
Like Reply

I caught her comment on that comparison too Gunter and commented here:

Joe Biden chooses Kamala Harris as his vice-presidential running mate             

8 responses |                

Started by metmike - Aug. 11, 2020, 4:27 p.m

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/57443/

By metmike - Aug. 16, 2020, 10:22 p.m.
Like Reply

No, Kamala, Ebola Was Nothing Like Coronavirus

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/no-kamala-ebola-was-nothing-like-coronavirus/

"One of most egregiously misleading things Kamala Harris said during her first speech as Joe Biden’s running mate was to compare the outbreak of Ebola to the COVID-19 pandemic. “It didn’t have to be this way,” Harris claimed. “Six years ago, in fact, we had a different health crisis. It was called Ebola. And we all remember that pandemic. But you know what happened then? Barack Obama and Joe Biden did their job. Only two people in the United States died. Two. That is what is called leadership.”

Though the Ebola talking point might end up being a potent political attack, it’s also complete nonsense. It’s tantamount to the Trump administration taking special credit for its excellent work stopping the Eastern equine encephalitis pandemic of 2019. Ebola wasn’t a crisis or a pandemic, but rather an outbreak in West Africa. At the time, the highly esteemed Dr. Anthony Fauci noted that the risk of a normal person contracting was “extraordinarily low” and an “extraordinarily remote threat.” The Mayo Clinic tells us that Ebola is not “transmitted through the air and does not spread through casual contact.” Those who do contract it are obviously ill and easily avoided.

Not one person who contracted Ebola in the United States died from the disease. An American had a far higher chance of being killed by a bee sting or being eaten by a shark than they did of contracting Ebola. Coronavirus, on the other hand, is a highly contagious worldwide pandemic that nearly every nation has struggled to contain, with a fatality rate higher than the common flu."

By metmike - Aug. 16, 2020, 10:47 p.m.
Like Reply

I admit to not knowing a great deal about Biden's new running mate but am very interested in learning as much as possible.

Maybe she would make a good president?

This will probably be her job if Biden is elected since he is not likely to finish his first term. 

What I have been saying about Biden, is that since his agenda is massively inferior to Trumps, he should emphasize things that he is superior in............and Trumps weaknesses.

Personality, honesty, demeanor, character, using accurate facts and so on. This is even more so for Camela Harris.

If the Biden/Harris team wants to shine brightly over Trump in an area, they can do it by displaying honestly and basing statements on authentic facts.

When Trump feeds us a bunch of bs, it's very damaging to his credibility when we know its bs. The MSM certainly calls him out on it every time and there are plenty of legit opportunities for them to do so. 

However, Camela Harris got started off on the wrong foot with me with this outrageous statement.

This was not just any statement. The coronavirus is/has been THE MOST important thing in our lives. Not one of them but by a wide margin THE MOST important overall for most people ever in their lives..............even if you are 80 years old!!!

In her first press conference, when addressing us about the most important topic of the last century, we found out that Camela Harris was/is full of shirt and was more interested in filling our heads with a  blatantly disengenous fact designed entirely to MISLEAD us for the political agenda..............make Trump look bad and Biden good. 

2 things on that.

1. When you bust somebody from the get go being egregiously dishonest about something you know is dishonest, how do you trust them on other things going forward? Very first press conference for Pete's sake!

2. If Biden had a great record, there should have been scores of items for her to use, that demonstrated his many accomplishments. Why did she have to stoop to this to generate a completely FAKE ACCOMPLISHMENT?

By mcfarm - Aug. 16, 2020, 10:52 p.m.
Like Reply

this women, Harris, the most liberal senator in the US Senate will become less likeable by the day. As they say you cannot put make-up on a ......You know the thing!! Much like Hillary she will turn voters of every stripe off. Just look at the way she handled Smollet and Kavanaugh. A really sad and another unfortunate pick. As Tim stated correctly, sexist and racist. Not competent, certainly not the skills to be the next great President as they advertising.

By metmike - Aug. 16, 2020, 11:15 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks mcfarm,

I have no idea about whether what you say is true. Maybe it is or maybe you are biased because of politics(like most other people).  I respect your opinion though. 

To me, she seems like a gifted communicator and potentially, very likeable. 

But I base my opinion of people on things that go beyond their likeability.  I know that Trump lies and exaggerates a lot about many things and that dials down my view of him as a president that represents many positive things in his platform.

The BIden/Harris team have an agenda that sucks big weenies in many areas(energy/economy/climate honesty/illegal immigration/morals- killing life in the womb based on the definition for life in all of science/medicine).

I strongly believe in socialized medicine/health care and am on their side there. 

So, other than that........for me, they need to display character traits, especially honesty/being sincere that DIAL UP  from their bad agenda to close the gap between them and Trump. 

Look at the map below for Ebola and the description and compare it to any recent map of COVID in the US(or world) and ask yourself if this statement by Camela Harris, comparing Ebola/Biden to COVID/Trump was honest?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus_cases_in_the_United_States

Map of Ebola cases and infrastructure throughout the U.S.
USA-Ebola-outbreak-2014.svg
Cases contracted in the U.S.2
Cases first diagnosed in U.S.4[note 1]
Cases evacuated to U.S. from other countries7[1]
Total cases11[note 2]
Deaths2[2]
Recoveries from Ebola9[note 2]
Active cases0

Four laboratory-confirmed cases of Ebola virus disease (commonly known as "Ebola") occurred in the United States in 2014.[3] Eleven cases were reported, including these four cases and seven cases medically evacuated from other countries; the first was reported in September 2014.[4] Nine of the people contracted the disease outside the US and traveled into the country, either as regular airline passengers or as medical evacuees; of those nine, two died. Two people contracted Ebola in the United States. Both were nurses who treated an Ebola patient; both recovered.