Cornholeo makes the cover of TIME magazine again
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by mojo - June 21, 2018, 9:59 a.m.

Comments
By carlberky - June 21, 2018, 7:41 p.m.
Like Reply

mojo, Cornholeo? Really? You shouldn't take the name of the Lord in vain !

By metmike - June 21, 2018, 7:49 p.m.
Like Reply

Should I ban him  

By mcfarm - June 21, 2018, 7:59 p.m.
Like Reply

of course not but some adult thinker might just want to compare the treatment Time gave Obama v what they give Trump

By metmike - June 21, 2018, 8 p.m.
Like Reply

Just kidding of course.

I actually liked the picture that Time used.

As somebody that worked in the media, I can appreciate their brillance in selecting a picture that sensationalizes and sells magazines by making up a picture that doesn't exist in real life..........by putting 2 people that were never together..............together in way that creates a fake visual dynamic from responses that happened at 2 different times and 2 different places than the ones(presented) in the picture were actually responding to when their picture was taken.

So the average Trump supporter surely dislikes the picture and Trump hater loves it.

'For me, the above description is about "Looky here everyone......Time magazine uses FAKE pictures, which is every bit a part of being FAKE NEWS"

But like I said. I appreciate their creativity to sell magazines. What most folks don't appreciate enough is that the media is a for profit business. 

We understand it when they broadcast something we don't like but we in the tv biz, were reminded of the ratings and our jobs being at stake EVERY month. "It's not what you say or do that matters, as long as you get them to watch"

They do constant research on everything imaginable and measure how many people watch. Then they try to do more of what causes people to watch. 

Telling the truth is up there in priorities but if it goes against the highest priority..........ratings/profits guess what has to happen?

Hint, does a used car salesmen tell you all the things wrong with the car he/she is trying to sell you?  A newsperson is trying to sell you something too. 

They both make a living selling something and in contrast to you being protected by consumer protection laws and warranties when it comes to buying products that you pay money for, their is no entity that exists which rules whether a media outlet can or cannot publish or broadcast whatever news that it wants to.

So Fox news has the unwritten franchise on the right side and broadcasts news to attract those viewers by putting their spin on it. Most of the others fight over the left side and spin the same exact news on Fox, differently, to appeal to the viewers they want to attract.

One could be entirely fake news, the other authentic...............but usually it lies in between. Doesn't matter. We live in a country with a free press and they can say, print and show pictures of whatever they want to.

If they don't like somebody.........they can crucify that person 24 hours a day and turn their news station into more of a soap opera..............for ratings.

Was this worthy of the top story for months in our world with constant serious news that is several orders of magnitude more important:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/30149/cnn-interviewed-stormy-daniels-lawyer-59-times-paul-bois

By JP - June 22, 2018, 10:19 a.m.
Like Reply

"Father of Honduran two-year-old who became the face of family separation crisis reveals daughter was never separated from her mother, but the image of her in tears at U.S. border control ‘broke his heart’"

Daily Mail Article

By mcfarm - June 22, 2018, 11:51 a.m.
Like Reply

thanks jp..no facts...no reporters left in this land....they just sit in their office and play on the internet and push crap