COVID peaked a month ago-each state different
8 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Aug. 22, 2020, 10:37 p.m.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/55092/

AUGUST 22: ..........new positive cases peaked a month ago!(the MSM is still focused on the negatives).....deaths also have  peaked(at much less than 50% of the April peak).

Find this data here: https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

Comments
By metmike - Aug. 22, 2020, 11:01 p.m.
Like Reply

Look at the incredibly wide variation in the number of cases from state to state.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The top 4 states, CA, FL, TX and NY have had 400,000+ cases!

The top 19 states, listed below have had 100,000+ cases!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

However, the bottom 9 states,  listed below have had less than 10,000 total cases.

In fact, if you add up all the cases for  the bottom 10 states, the number is SMALLER than any of the top 19 states...........for just that state. 

By metmike - Aug. 22, 2020, 11:11 p.m.
Like Reply

Also varying by a wide margin are the restrictions for each state.

List of Coronavirus-Related Restrictions in Every State

https://www.aarp.org/politics-society/government-elections/info-2020/coronavirus-state-restrictions.html

"Governors across the country are issuing orders and recommendations to their residents on the status of schools, businesses and public services as their states respond to the coronavirus outbreak.

All states have taken coronavirus-related actions, but restrictions vary, and so does the length of time the measures are in place. Here’s a look at each state’s restrictions"

State-by-State COVID-19 Guidance

Assisting businesses with evolving COVID-19 orders and helping them return to work.

https://www.huschblackwell.com/state-by-state-covid-19-guidance

"Husch Blackwell has developed this resource center to monitor and update the rapidly evolving COVID-19 rules, restrictions, orders and guidance that affect how and when businesses across the country can reopen their workplaces to employees, clients and customers. These state and local measures cover a range of issues, including business restrictions, gathering limitations, and full-scale shelter-in-place orders. Each jurisdiction is on a different timeline regarding the expiration of orders and the re-opening of their economies.

Choose from the state map below to access the latest information in that state and/or key localities inside that state. For assistance in working with states to ensure your business operations can continue, our government affairs team at Husch Blackwell Strategies can assist you with working to make sure any future orders cover your specific business. We will update this resource center daily as new information and guidance is released."

By metmike - Aug. 22, 2020, 11:24 p.m.
Like Reply

Who decided what restrictions to use?

In EVERY case, it was decided by each state individually, usually the governor, consistent with the Constitution. 

The Federal government gave guidelines for opening up but left it to individual states to determine what was/is best for them..........as was also the case for how each state managed its own COVID issues.........using the Constitution.

Can President Trump Countermand State and Local Closing and Stay-at-Home Orders: A Constitutional Overview

https://www.law.georgetown.edu/salpal/can-president-trump-countermand-state-and-local-closing-and-stay-at-home-orders-a-constitutional-overview/#main_page_title

President Trump recently claimed “absolute authority” to open the U.S. economy by forcing states to lift restrictions governors have imposed by proclamations and executive orders to combat the spread of COVID-19. A few days later, he shifted from claiming absolute authority to releasing a plan for re-opening the economy that allows Governors to decide how to implement the plan in their respective states.

By metmike - Aug. 22, 2020, 11:29 p.m.
Like Reply

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6840714/Guidelines.pdf

Guidelines for All Phases: Individuals

Wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer, especially after touching frequently used items or surfaces.

Avoid touching your face.Sneeze or cough into a tissue, or the inside of your elbow.

Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces as much as possible.

Strongly consider using face coverings while in public, and particularly when using mass transit. C O N T I N U E   T O   P R A C T I C E   G O O D   H Y G I E N EP E O P L E   W H O   F E E L   S I C K   S H O U L D   S T A Y   H O M E 

Do not go to work or school.

Contact and follow the advice of your medical provider. Continue to adhere to State and local guidance as well as complementary CDC guidance, particularly with respect to face coverings.OPENING UP AMERICA AGAIN

Guidelines for All Phases: Employers

Social distancing and protective equipment

Temperature checksTesting, isolating, and contact tracing

Sanitation

Use and disinfection of common and high-traffic areas

Business travel

Develop and implement appropriate policies, in accordance with Federal, State, and local regulations and guidance, and informed by industry best practices, regarding:Monitor workforce for indicative symptoms. Do not allow symptomatic people to physically return to work until cleared by a medical provider.Develop and implement policies and procedures for workforce contact tracing following employee COVID+ test. OPENING UP AMERICA AGAIN

By metmike - Aug. 22, 2020, 11:32 p.m.
Like Reply

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6840714/Guidelines.pdf

Phase One F O R   S T A T E S   A N D   R E G I O N S  T H A T   S A T I S F Y   T H E   G A T I N G   C R I T E R I A

PHASE 1 Individuals:

ALL VULNERABLE INDIVIDUALS* should continue to shelter in place.  Members of households with vulnerable residents should be aware that by returning to work or other environments where distancing is not practical, they could carry the virus back home.  Precautions should be taken to isolate from vulnerable residents.All individuals, WHEN IN PUBLIC (e.g., parks, outdoor recreation areas, shopping areas), should maximize physical distance from others.  Social settings of more than 10 people, where appropriate distancing may not be practical, should be avoided unless precautionary measures are observed.Avoid SOCIALIZING in groups of more than 10 people in circumstances that do not readily allow for appropriate physical distancing (e.g., receptions, trade shows) MINIMIZE NON-ESSENTIAL TRAVEL and adhere to CDC guidelines regarding isolation following travel.Phase One I N D I V I D U A L S*See Appendix 1 for Definition of Vulnerable IndividualsEACH PHASE OF THIS GUIDANCE ADDRESSES THOSE ASPECTS OF DAILY LIFE FOR WHICH RESTRICTIONS REMAIN APPROPRIATE 

Phase 1 Employers:

Continue to ENCOURAGE TELEWORK, whenever possible and feasible with business operations.If possible, RETURN TO WORK IN PHASES.Close COMMON AREASwhere personnel are likely to congregate and interact, or enforce strict social distancing protocols.Minimize NON-ESSENTIAL TRAVEL and adhere to CDC guidelines regarding isolation following travel.Strongly consider SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS for personnel who are members of a VULNERABLE POPULATION.Phase OneE M P L O Y E R SEACH PHASE OF THIS GUIDANCE ADDRESSES THOSE ASPECTS OF DAILY LIFE FOR WHICH RESTRICTIONS REMAIN APPROPRIATE 

Phase 1 specific type of employers:

SCHOOLS AND ORGANIZED YOUTH ACTIVITIES (e.g., daycare, camp) that are currently closed should remain closed. VISITS TO SENIOR LIVING FACILITIES AND HOSPITALS should be prohibited.  Those who do interact with residents and patients must adhere to strict protocols regarding hygiene.LARGE VENUES (e.g., sit-down dining, movie theaters, sporting venues, places of worship) can operate under strict physical distancing protocols.ELECTIVE SURGERIES can resume, as clinically appropriate, on an outpatient basis at facilities that adhere to CMS guidelines.GYMScan open if they adhere to strict physical distancing and sanitation protocols.BARSshould remain closed.Phase OneS P E C I F I C   T Y P E S   O FE M P L O Y E R SEACH PHASE OF THIS GUIDANCE ADDRESSES THOSE ASPECTS OF DAILY LIFE FOR WHICH RESTRICTIONS REMAIN APPROPRIATE 

By metmike - Aug. 22, 2020, 11:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Phase Two  F O R   S T A T E S   A N D   R E G I O N S   W I T H   N O   E V I D E N C E   O F  A   R E B O U N D   A N D   T H A T   S A T I S F Y   T H E   G A T I N G  C R I T E R I A  A   SECOND TIME. 

Phase 2 Individuals:

ALL VULNERABLE INDIVIDUALS should continue to shelter in place.  Members of households with vulnerable residents should be aware that by returning to work or other environments where distancing is not practical, they could carry the virus back home.  Precautions should be taken to isolate from vulnerable residents.All individuals, WHEN IN PUBLIC (e.g., parks, outdoor recreation areas, shopping areas), should maximize physical distance from others.  Social settings of more than 50 people, where appropriate distancing may not be practical, should be avoided unless precautionary measures are observed.NON-ESSENTIAL TRAVEL can resume.

Phase 2 Employers:

Continue to ENCOURAGE TELEWORK, whenever possible and feasible with business operations.Close COMMON AREAS where personnel are likely to congregate and interact, or enforce moderate social distancing protocols.NON-ESSENTIAL TRAVEL can resume.Strongly consider SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONSfor personnel who are members of a VULNERABLE POPULATION

Phase 2, specific type of Employers:

SCHOOLS AND ORGANIZED YOUTH ACTIVITIES (e.g., daycare, camp) can reopen.VISITS TO SENIOR CARE FACILITIES AND HOSPITALS should be prohibited.  Those who do interact with residents and patients must adhere to strict protocols regarding hygiene.LARGE VENUES (e.g., sit-down dining, movie theaters, sporting venues, places of worship) can operate under moderate physical distancing protocols.ELECTIVE SURGERIES can resume, as clinically appropriate, on an outpatient and in-patient basis at facilities that adhere to CMS guidelines.GYMS can remain open if they adhere to strict physical distancing and sanitation protocols.BARS may operate with diminished standing-room occupancy, where applicable and appropriate.Phase Two S P E C I F I C   T Y P E S   O F  E M P L O Y E R SEACH PHASE OF THIS GUIDANCE ADDRESSES THOSE ASPECTS OF DAILY LIFE FOR WHICH RESTRICTIONS REMAIN APPROPRIATE DUE TO COVID.OPENING UP AMERICA AGAIN

By metmike - Aug. 22, 2020, 11:42 p.m.
Like Reply

Phase Three F O R   S T A T E S   A N D   R E G I O N S   W I T H   N O   E V I D E N C E   O F  A   R E B O U N D   A N D   T H A T   S A T I S F Y   T H E   G A T I N G  C R I T E R I A  A   THIRD   T I ME.

Phase 3 Individuals:

VULNERABLE INDIVIDUALS can resume public interactions, but should practice physical distancing, minimizing exposure to social settings where distancing may not be practical, unless precautionary measures are observed.LOW-RISK POPULATIONS should consider minimizing time spent in crowded environments

Phase 3 Employers:

Resume UNRESTRICTED STAFFING of worksites

Phase 3 Specific types of employers:

VISITS TO SENIOR CARE FACILITIES AND HOSPITALS can resume.  Those who interact with residents and patients must be diligent regarding hygiene.LARGE VENUES (e.g., sit-down dining, movie theaters, sporting venues, places of worship) can  operate under limited physical distancing protocols.GYMScan remain open if they adhere to standard sanitation protocols.BARSmay operate with increased standing room occupancy, where applicable.

By metmike - Aug. 23, 2020, 12:01 a.m.
Like Reply

Implementation of those guidelines was done entirely by individual states, not the Federal government. 

Each of the 50 states did things differently.  Dictator Trump did not force a Federal mandate or policies on any states, he followed the Constitution and let each state determine exactly how they would apply these guidelines.......if they decided to apply the guidelines. 

When COVID cases increased in June in some states from opening up, it was the decisions of those states that played the main role.

When the COVID cases increased in June in many states because of the protesting, it was the decision to encourage protesting and cover up the spread from protesting that played the main role.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/57070/