Conservatives now have their very own George Floyd...
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - Sept. 27, 2020, 5:58 p.m.

So this decorated marine Iraq war veteran owned a bar in Nebraska.  BLM rioters attacked it while he and his father were there to protect it.  They smashed in the windows and started assaulting him and his father.   They had his father on the ground and while he was helping him, Jake Gardner was attacked. He fired 2 warning shots in the air and his attackers fled.  But then another rioter grabbed him from behind in a chokehold. That's attempted murder if a cop does that to a black man,  right?  Anyway,  after a struggle,  Gardner shot the man,  who happened to be black, and killed him.

The DA reviewed the many videos of the incident and ruled it an obvious case of self defense.   Case closed right?   No!!!

A white man killed a black man while defending himself.   That is no longer allowed.   So, after loads of negative press and political pressure,  a special prosecutor was called in and they charged Gardner with several different things.  Making terroristic threats, manslaughter, maybe a couple others. 

Oh, and the guy who rented the property to him for his bar evicted him.

So this American hero, who was probably legitimately suffering from PTSD over all this,  killed himself.  

So I guess conservatives will start rioting, burning and looting. Oh wait,  that's right.. We're the adults in the room.  We don't do that.

This is one of the ugliest chapters in this sordid mess so far.  I fear for my Country. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/09/20/jake-gardner-james-scurlock-shooting-omaha-nebraska-suicide/5848139002/

Comments
By mcfarm - Sept. 27, 2020, 7:32 p.m.
Like Reply

what a tragic story. And I mean truly tragic not fake tragic like nearly every story these riots are based on. I have been 1/2 sick since I heard about this last week.

By metmike - Sept. 27, 2020, 7:49 p.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

That is very sad and tragic loss of a life. 

Whenever I see  pictures like this from that story, I think of the  thousands of lives being lost because of the spread of COVID at these protests...........that are being encouraged by some of  the same people who want to shut down things that have a fraction of the risk.

Now people in WI  are being hurt from the spike in protesting a month ago. See the latest post on that at the link below.

Wow, much of this was so preventable and always predictable. 

Covering up massive COVID being spread from protests-8/8 update below            

27 responses |          

Started by metmike - July 30, 2020, 7:28 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/57070/

Marchers rally in Omaha, Nebraska, on June 7 to remember James Scurlock, a Black man who was fatally shot by white bar owner Jake Gardner amid protests over George Floyd's death. (Chris Machian/Omaha World-Herald via AP)

By TimNew - Sept. 27, 2020, 8:05 p.m.
Like Reply

What's really tragic is that the left now has the power to ruin lives for no legitimate or legal reason.