Rally and counter protesters in Beverly Hills
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Oct. 4, 2020, 11:18 p.m.

After Trump’s admittance to the hospital, Trump supporters gathered in many cities around the US, to show their support and pray for him.

This also happened in Beverly Hills, California. I was quite surprised that anyone here in democratic wonderland (a sanctuary state) had the courage to appear in public, wearing red MAGA caps and waving the US flag… but there were a lot of them.

A reporter spoke with a woman, a supporter of Trump who attended the rally in Beverly Hills. She said, “Everyone was dancing, having a nice time. They just started a prayer for the president.”

And then the “counter protesters” (mostly Antifa and BLM) showed up and immediately became aggressive.

The Beverly Hills police did a good job controlling the events, and only one person was arrested (a Trump supporter) for using pepper spray.

What I observed…. The Trump crowd carried large “Trump 2020” posters and waved large US flags.

On the other side, there wasn’t a single US flag to be seen. They carried signs calling Trump supporters “Nazis”. Many wore Antifa uniforms.

In simple terms, one could call the demonstrators on the Right “patriots”, and the demonstrators on the Left “anarchists”. (as a Dem supporter for many years, it hurts me to say this).

Is this what this election has come down to?

Here is a video of the first moments of confrontations. You see the guys wearing red caps, and you can see how they are being provoked by the other side.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1312545368958066688

Comments
By cutworm - Oct. 5, 2020, 7:11 a.m.
Like Reply

I wonder?? Is it possible that the silent majority is getting tried of this?  You're in CA  what do you think?

By GunterK - Oct. 5, 2020, 9:46 a.m.
Like Reply

metmike has commented on this before. Many Trump supporters are silent. They don't want to have their house firebombed.

In the case of the above mentioned gathering of Trump supporters, one should have expected to see a group of "counter-protesters" carrying "Biden 2020" signs. But this was not the case. It almost looks like the Biden/Harris team is represented by Antifa/BLM

Add to this the encouragement and support Kamala Harris has given to the anarchists, and you have to wonder, who in their right mind can vote for Biden ( regardless of how negatively one thinks about Trump )

To answer your question...

Yes I was shocked to see so many people coming out for Trump. I would have never expected to see such a spectacle in the Los Angeles area.

My own neighborhood is largely populated with people working in the motion picture industry... not the Steven Spielbergs or the Sylvester Stallones... but the cameramen, the script writers, the sound track composers, etc.... and I don't see any political signs, other than a Sanders poster which is now gone.

While the A-listers in Hollywood, are mostly far "left", I suspect that the lower levels of the industry don't necessarily share their views.

In other areas of Los Angeles, you have large communities of minorities, including a very large representation of illegal aliens (we have plenty of Sanctuary Cities). Of course, most of them traditionally vote Democrat. Kamala Harris' promise to abolish ICE made her a lot of friends there.

By TimNew - Oct. 5, 2020, 10:30 a.m.
Like Reply

We have the Proud Boys who are often the only defense we have against ANTIFA and BLM.  They don't start trouble,  but they convincingly defend themselves if confronted.   They often proudly display the US Flag.  

For this outrageous behavior, the media has labeled them white supremacists.  Odd for a group with an afro-cuban leader and a racially diverse membership.  LA's chapter is largely Mexican. Many are former military and well able to defend themselves.   And obviously the left hates anyone who interferes with the honorable work of their private army, right up to their presidential candidate Joe Biden. 

Imagine how foolish they would all look if the media honestly covered the Proud Boys.   But of course, that would be counter productive,  right?