Some headlines today
1 response | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - Oct. 17, 2020, 5:09 a.m.

Two headlines on my home page struck me this morning.

"Black Trump Supporter Kicked off Plane for not wearing a mask".

and

"Georgia Senator INTENTIONALLY mispronounces Kamala Harris name".

Add in the  the uproar over Amy Coney Barrett being so insensitive as to use the phrase "Sexual Preference" (How DARE YOU IMPLY IT'S A CHOICE!!!) and I am left to conclude that the world has gone batchit crazy. (Examples small samples from two days!!)

1st,  Why does it matter that a BLACK TRUMP SUPPORTER does anything?  What does that add to the story, which is barely a story in the 1st place .    And joking about a name is "RACIALLY INSENSITIVE" deserving tweets from assorted political figures.  And now, "Sexual Preference" causes the left to tear their hair out?

The adults in the room are saying "Grow the hell up, we have more important things to worry about",  but there may just be too few of us left.

Comments
By metmike - Oct. 17, 2020, 12:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

After witnessing the best weather/climate and CO2 levels for life on this greening planet during the current climate optimum being turned into a fake climate crisis(emergency)...........and the entire world being taken in by it........for me at least,  there is nothing that can be more surprising than that.

The optimal temperature for life on this greening planet is 2 deg. C warmer than this and CO2 levels double the current levels =the authentic science.

CO2 = pollution = pure politics

climate crisis = pure politics

We are told that amazingly, though the climate has always changed and global temperatures are always getting warmer or colder, that when humans began to burn fossil fuels, the planet was exactly at the perfect global temperature and CO2 level and it hadn't changed for thousands of years.

This is completely false. It was this warm 1,000, 2,000 and 3,500 years ago and warmer than this in the high latitudes by 2 Deg. C during the Holocene Climate OPTIMUM, from 9,000 to 5,000 years ago. There was less Arctic ice then.

Any deviation from that so called (made up) perfect level is being caused by humans.

The fact is that we rescued the planet from CO2 starvation, which is why its massively greening up with the needed additional, beneficial CO2. 

If CO2 levels had fallen anywhere close to how much they increased, most of  us would not be here right now.

Now we have very expensive carbon capture technology and cutting emissions.

This would be like a human in robust health, going to a doctor for their annual check up and being told, "you need to cut way back on all those beneficial nutrients in your diet because they are going to kill you!"

Yeah, my testing shows that you are in perfect health today but my health models that simulate human health over the course of their lives, tell me that vitamins, minerals and protein will kill you.

Oh, never mind that the pharmaceutical companies will make billions of dollars selling medicines to patients like you when you get sick later on in life..............and one of them is paying me 1 million dollars.

We Found Over 700 Doctors Who Were Paid More Than a Million Dollars by Drug and Medical Device Companies

https://www.propublica.org/article/we-found-over-700-doctors-who-were-paid-more-than-a-million-dollars-by-drug-and-medical-device-companies