Owner of the Red Hen restuarant speaks
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by mojo - June 24, 2018, 9:40 a.m.

“I’m not a huge fan of confrontation,” Wilkinson said. “I have a business, and I want the business to thrive. This feels like the moment in our democracy when people have to make uncomfortable actions and decisions to uphold their morals.”

This woman is a true patriot.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/red-hen-owner-reveals-allowed-employees-vote-booting-huckbee-sanders-restaurant-sarah-lost/

Comments
By TimNew - June 24, 2018, 10:14 a.m.
Like Reply

But the baker was not,  right?

The woman has a right to refuse service to anyone she choses.  And people have a right to decide whether they want to do business with her.   It's not patriotic.  It's how things work in a world run by grownups.

If you selectively apply these principles, you are neither an adult, nor a patriot.  But you are most certainly a hypocrite. 

By mojo - June 24, 2018, 10:18 a.m.
Like Reply

I couldn't agree more.

By TimNew - June 24, 2018, 10:44 a.m.
Like Reply

Your previous posts would seem to indicate otherwise...  So,  let's make sure we are clear.

Was the baker within his rights for refusing to make the gay couples wedding cake per their request?  

Was the Restaurant owner within her rights for refusing service to Sarah Sanders and family?

Both questions require a simple yes or no answer.

By mcfarm - June 24, 2018, 11:44 a.m.
Like Reply

bets are you will waiting a long time for that yes or no

By mojo - June 24, 2018, 11:49 a.m.
Like Reply

yes!! Now what was that question I asked you a couple weeks ago that you wouldn't answer? I forget but maybe you remember and can answer me now, eh? I'm not holding my breath though.

By TimNew - June 24, 2018, 11:52 a.m.
Like Reply

So,  you are saying you feel the baker and the restaurant owner were completely within their rights.  Duly noted.

If you asked a question that I did not answer,  I apologize.   I don't recall so perhaps I missed it.

You are welcome to ask again.

By mojo - June 24, 2018, 12:02 p.m.
Like Reply

Yep, if a business owner doesn't want to serve gays or Nazis or whomever that's their prerogative and they will have to live with the consequences of their decision.

By mcfarm - June 24, 2018, 12:14 p.m.
Like Reply

of course Nazis and sarah sanders suddenly are equals an of course mojo is not answering Tim's question, he is making up his own

By mojo - June 24, 2018, 12:33 p.m.
Like Reply

"of course Nazis and sarah sanders suddenly are equals"

I think you're starting to catch on & understand me. Atta boy!!