NOAA Scientist Fired
0 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Nov. 2, 2020, 12:01 p.m.

Metmike: Not trying to make anything big over this because I don't really know what the circumstances were............just sharing my comment to the article below.

Top NOAA Scientist Fired For Demanding New Trump Appointees Comply with His Agenda

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/11/01/top-noaa-scientist-fired-for-demanding-new-trump-appointees-comply-with-his-agenda/#comment-3117114

metmike: From the article... "He was replaced by Dr Ryan Maue, a climate change critic"

I read this all the time!
 "climate change critic" is the WRONG way to describe people like Ryan or myself.

It plays right into the fake "denier" narrative.

We are absolutely NOT critics or deniers of climate CHANGE.
We believe in climate change.
 Most of us may not even be critics of human caused climate change. I believe that humans are responsible for, maybe half of the beneficial global warming and that we are having a climate OPTIMUM for most life on this greening planet because of climate CHANGE.

I'll let this tweet from Dr. Maue in September, speak for itself to illustrate the point:

Ryan Maue@RyanMaue

Sep 12
"As the climate warms, the oceans further north especially in the North Atlantic will be more hospitable or friendly to hurricanes.  And, as we know, hurricanes at higher latitudes (> 30°N) move quickly b/c steering currents (+jet influences) are much stronger than the trades."

This was with regards to the topic below:
"An increase in global trends of tropical cyclone translation speed since 1982 and its physical causes"

https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/ab9e1f

His objective was/is to EDUCATE people about the REAL affects of climate change on hurricanes based on the REAL world.
He clearly sees the REAL global warming, which by definition is climate change.

Any position that would be filled by Dr. Maue would result in benefits to those affected by his role,  as he brings objective,   reality based science to the plate every time with elite level understanding and explanations.

What's a better description than climate change critic?
Dr. Maue probably has his personal preference but I like these:
 "climate crisis skeptic", "climate crisis critic"  and "climate realist"

Here's a good one:  "Authentic scientist" (-:

BTW,
Dr Maue's point was to counter the stalled and slower moving hurricanes from climate change, causing more excessive rains narrative...............by applying authentic/objective, reality based science/data and usually supported by common sense, physical world reasoning.

Comments
No replies yet. Be the first!