Election Day(s) 2020
36 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Nov. 3, 2020, 11:35 a.m.

Will Joe Biden or Donald Trump Actually Call the Other to Concede the Election?

The "concession call" has a long, fraught history—and it actually started with a telegram in 1896.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/politics/a34452865/election-night-concession-call-speech-history/

"In the final days before November 3, as Donald Trump and Joe Biden battle it out for the presidency, there is much we do not know: whether results will be available on election night, what the Electoral College map will look like, and whether a candidate will take their case to court. Something else we don't know? Will the losing candidate actually contact the winner to privately concede the election, like many have done before, starting in the late 1800s? And, will the losing candidate give a public concession speech, as became common in the mid 20th century?  

Election night phone calls and concession speeches have not always been amicable, but the actions are seen as a kind of political etiquette, a recognition that the fight is over and there is governing to be done. You could call them acts of political decency, and even if they are not legally required, they have become a tradition that the public looks for and that history remembers.

Here's everything you need to know about when candidates starting publicly and privately admitting defeat, and what this year's concession might look like, if it happens at all."

It's unclear what will happen this year.

It's anyone's guess what the 2020 election concession phone calls and speeches will look like—or if they will even happen at all. Given that millions of votes are being cast in absentee ballots due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, results may not be known for days. There may be court cases that take weeks to resolve. And, given the prominence that social media plays in communication, it's possible candidates might tweet short statements over a period of days or weeks, before finally releasing a longer statement. 

It's also possible that neither candidate will choose to publicly or privately concede at all. One thing is certain: in the long, strange arc of this election, we can count on even the most benign of political traditions being shaken up.

Comments
By wglassfo - Nov. 3, 2020, 12:57 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike

Have you been following things in PA

Pub districts not open on time

Voters have to leave to go to work

No certified Pub watchers allowed inside

Dems stated the ballots would show a Biden win in PA

Illegal activity at the polls is so obvious

No wonder they said Biden would win with this sort of illegal activity

By metmike - Nov. 3, 2020, 6:39 p.m.
Like Reply

2020 Election Day Live Updates: First polls close as Americans brace for results

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/2020-election-live-updates-2020-11-03/

If Trump can keep this up for 99.9% of the rest of the votes, he'll have it made..........just kidding (-:

Candidates
Electoral votesVote %Vote count
Donald TrumpRepublican Party
53.9%164,407
Joe BidenDemocratic Party
44.5%135,703
By metmike - Nov. 3, 2020, 6:42 p.m.
Like Reply
By WxFollower - Nov. 3, 2020, 9:34 p.m.
Like Reply

1. I know Mike and some others here don’t like CNN because it is very biased anti-Trump/one-sided. However, I hope Mike and others can appreciate the once again amazing analysis done by John King county by county. There’s simply nobody like him!

2. In 2016, King was an early clue that the results were shifting more favorably for Trump after Hillary looked good early.

3. Based on King’s analysis of NC and Ohio, Biden is so far doing significantly better than Hillary did county by county. If that were to hold, Biden very likely would win the election. However, the problem in jumping to a conclusion about this is that early voting is coming in more quickly than today’s voting. Early voters have tended to be more heavily Dems than Election Day voters. So, that says NC/Ohio could still possibly shift back toward Trump as Election Day votes are counted.

4. Trump seems to be doing well in FL, GA, and in VA, which is all the more reason that the election is still very much up in the air.

By WxFollower - Nov. 3, 2020, 10:13 p.m.
Like Reply

Things seem like they may be shifting toward Trump. NC/OH shifting toward Trump. Dow futures have gone up 600 points in 30 minutes!! I’m starting to feel Deja Vu back to 2016!

By metmike - Nov. 3, 2020, 11:47 p.m.
Like Reply

In the past, I mainly watched King from CNN because he is in a different league for stats and analysis than anyone else.

4 years ago at my Dads in Detroit, we watched him the entire time and I do watch my share of CNN during the year because I enjoy listening to their points.....even though I dislike their dishonesty/bias.

However, my wife really, really dislikes CNN and we are watching the results together tonight.

So Fox is on our tv.

Sure looks like Trump will win at this point.

Funny thing is that the main reason I'd like to see this is to show more evidence that you just can't trust the MSM on most issues.

They've been predicting a massive win for Biden, some with high confidence as if its in the bag for months. 

All the secret Trump supporters that were afraid of the attacks and judgment on them for supporting Trump apparently came out to vote in this election.

But it will be close and Biden could come back but it looks bad for him in some key states right now.

By metmike - Nov. 4, 2020, 12:21 a.m.
Like Reply

I'm actually missing John King right now since he is the best as Larry said.

Maybe with Trump's prospects for the win going higher, Deb will let me watch him..........or after she goes to bed (-:

So the deal below is that Biden should get AZ and MN, which is 21 electoral votes and get to 234 total.

Trump is leading in all the other states, a few of them, like MI by a surprising amount.

If that continues............then Trump wins a 2nd term.

Below the latest map below, I have a map of 4 years ago and how they electoral votes went between Clinton and Trump.

Biden will get more electoral votes than Clinton did just by winning AZ(The McCain family feud with Trump killed him there) but the results below, look like they are going almost exactly the same.

It's not over yet and Biden might come from behind in a couple of states but it's looking bad for Joe, unless that happens pretty soon.

Results from 2016 below

Can We Fire the Electoral College? Probably Not, but We Can Put It Under  New Management | American Civil Liberties Union

By WxFollower - Nov. 4, 2020, 2:05 a.m.
Like Reply
Based on what John King of CNN just showed as regards votes outstanding in GA, as well as Biden now being down only ~120K  there, I now think Biden has the advantage. Votes outstanding are mainly from ATL, SAV, AUG, and Columbus, which have all heavily favored Biden to this point and there are~20% if these cities still outstanding or a few more hundreds of thousands.

Dow has fallen some recently. I'm guessing this is the reason.
By metmike - Nov. 4, 2020, 2:29 a.m.
Like Reply

John King's latest:  "Democrats should not give up hope yet"

Verbiage telling us how drastically the tone has changed from earlier and the last several months, when, Bidens double digit lead in the polls gave them high confidence in defeating Trump.

Now, they are relying on hope..............of Biden pulling off a come from behind finish in almost every state, when he is behind.

It's possible but most dems and MSM never imagined this is where things would be right now.

My biggest hope is that Trump, especially if we have to wait a long time for the results, doesn't spend alot of time on voter fraud.

If he ends up winning, what would have been the point and it makes him look bad even when winning.

If he loses, since its so dang close, you can bet there will be lawsuits and all sorts of recounts in close states and, similar to Florida in 2000, we won't know the results for a very long time.

If Biden loses, it could actually be the same thing contesting. I would hope that Biden, as a loser would tell his supporters to stay home and accept the results of the election and not protest, not spread more COVID, with inevitable riots and the message can only be.............we don't like or accept the democratic voting process because its not what we wanted.

Stock market is down. So that could just mean it sees a big battle looking based on the loser not conceding without a big fight.

By WxFollower - Nov. 4, 2020, 2:38 a.m.
Like Reply

Did Trump just say he has already won the election and will go to the Supremes to stop further counting?? Am I in the Twilight Zone?

He just brought down the Dow 400 points because the markets don't like uncertainty that this kind of thing creates. Look for a very unstable Dow for awhile.

And is he implying that he doesn't want AZ counting to stop because he's behind and thinks later votes will put him ahead??

I just did a quick and dirty calc. There are ~350K votes not yet counted in GA. For Biden to make up his 118K deficit, he'll need ~2/3 of those 350K. That's quite possible since those are from ATL, SAV, AUG, and COL, all of which have already voted very heavily in Biden's favor with him getting  2/3+ I think. So this is liable to end up VERY close.

2020 strikes again!

By metmike - Nov. 4, 2020, 4:03 a.m.
Like Reply

I thought that Trump was upset that the dems will be filing lawsuits to ask for recounts in all the close states......which will drag it on for a long time.

That was a horribl e speech.

Bitching about  calling Arizona for Biden but the same circumstances with him leading he thinks should be calleD

Then CNN went into a rage about it and stopped election coverage for 30 minutes to bash trump over his speech.

By metmike - Nov. 4, 2020, 4:08 a.m.
Like Reply

The Dow was already down sharply before his speech.

By TimNew - Nov. 4, 2020, 5:56 a.m.
Like Reply

WX,  while certainly possible,  I don't think any politician anywhere in the US can count on 2/3 of any significant segment of the population.  Politics has become a game of inches.  

But,  ICBR  :-)

By cutworm - Nov. 4, 2020, 6:48 a.m.
Like Reply

NASDAQ still up 224 after being up 500 at 1 point . The ALGO guys making big money tonight. Market can't maintain 500 points in a few hours without a correction. Somewhat the  same as 4 years ago down big then up big. difference being NASDAQ is still up 224

JMHO

By metmike - Nov. 4, 2020, 9:47 a.m.
Like Reply

It could come down to NEvada.

Trump gets ga, nc and pa.

Biden gets wi, mi if he keeps coming from behind.

Trump And Biden Are just short of 270

Then it’s nevada with 6

By WxFollower - Nov. 4, 2020, 10:21 a.m.
Like Reply

The betting odds, which are generally objective because folks are putting money on it, appears to be suggesting near 80% chance for Biden to win. So, while looking good for Biden, it is still far from a certainty.

Also, great news from my perspective is that the GOP retains the Senate and reduced the Dem majority in the House. So, far lefties will not be able to get much passed and there will be no chance for Biden to pack the court with libs assuming Biden will actually win. Also, hopefully this keeps Biden from drifting too far left.

Assuming a Trump loss, does anyone think he’ll run again in 2024?

I see that the Dow is up sharply. I’m guessing this is due to the GOP retaining the Senate.

By TimNew - Nov. 4, 2020, 11:51 a.m.
Like Reply

If I were Trump,  I would not run again,  but I am not Trump and it's entirely possible.

And yes,  with some assurance that Biden (if he wins, which is looking more likely), can't pass his ecocidal taxes,  the equities are pretty happy.

By metmike - Nov. 4, 2020, 12:31 p.m.
Like Reply

Dow Futures Flip-Flop Early Wednesday as America Awaits a Winner in the 2020 Election

https://www.usnews.com/news/economy/articles/2020-11-04/dow-futures-flip-flop-early-wednesday-as-america-awaits-a-winner-in-the-2020-election

The prospect of a court challenge loomed, bringing back memories of the hotly contested 2000 election in which George W. Bush beat Al Gore following a ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court over contested ballots in Florida.

The Associated Press had the tally at 238 electoral votes for Biden, with Trump at 213 as of about 4 a.m. Biden won Arizona, turning a traditionally Republican stronghold blue but Trump was declared the winner in Florida. Several states – including crucial Midwest battlegrounds Michigan and Wisconsin, along with pivotal Pennsylvania were still counting votes. Final results could take a day or more to tally. The AP has not called the races in Georgia and North Carolina, either. 

"Both candidates at this stage often claim victory, but it's rare that we see an invocation of the court system at this point, and we expect quite a lot of market volatility," said Rick Lacaille, global chief investment officer at State Street Global Advisors.

By metmike - Nov. 4, 2020, 12:57 p.m.
Like Reply

The cable company is burying a new cable so no CNN/FOX tv today.

Now, we will have to see which states have the recounts.

Election recount laws and procedures in the 50 states, 2020

https://ballotpedia.org/Election_recount_laws_and_procedures_in_the_50_states,_2020#Wisconsin

I will guess that the loser will be the one asking for all the recounts in every state that they were legally close enough to qualify for a recount.

I don't know if the winner would ask for a recount in a state that they lost under those conditions. That would seem like a bad idea as it suggests that they are contesting the results of an election that they won.

By metmike - Nov. 4, 2020, 1:03 p.m.
Like Reply

CNN Poll of Polls As Of 11/2/20

The CNN Poll of Polls tracks the average poll result in the race for president between President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden. The poll of polls includes the most recent polls which meet CNN’s CNN’s standards for reporting and which measure the views of registered or likely voters. The poll of polls does not have a margin of sampling error.

Polling Average

Profile image of Biden
Joe Biden

52%
Profile image of Trump
Donald Trump
(Incumbent)
 42%

View the polls in the CNN Poll of Polls:

Quinnipiac University (10/28-11/1), NBC/WSJ (10/29-10/31), Fox News (10/27-10/29), CNN/SSRS (10/23-10/26)

metmike: They still had the double digit lead for Biden the day before the election!

By metmike - Nov. 4, 2020, 1:07 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/election-results-and-news-11-04-20/index.html

Federal judge, unhappy with USPS, wants answers from DeJoy

From CNN's Katelyn Polantz

A federal judge was so angered by the US Postal Service's inability to sweep its facilities for ballots yesterday afternoon, following a court order to do so, that he said he will want answers under oath from Postmaster General Louis DeJoy.

"I agree the Postmaster is either going to have to be deposed or testify before me under oath," federal Judge Emmet Sullivan said on Wednesday. 

He said he was not pleased the USPS couldn't comply with the Election Day court order, and didn't notify him until the court's deadline passed that they didn't have personnel on site in facilities to look for ballots in the mid-afternoon. 

Sullivan has put in place several court orders requiring the Postal Service to explain how much election mail it's failing to process daily, especially in states with low performance, which includes parts of key battleground states like Pennsylvania and Michigan.

The court's order on Tuesday for an additional sweep was in response to reports of lower performance in some areas —where strict deadlines for absentee ballots to get to elections boards approached — and questions about what happened to 300,000 ballots without final scans before their delivery.

"Someone may have a price to pay about that," the judge said about the USPS's failure to sweep facilities an additional time on Tuesday.

"It's your clients," Sullivan told a Justice Department attorney representing the USPS. "I am concerned about your clients, each and every one starting at the top of the food chain."

Joseph Borson, representing USPS, told the judge the reason the postal service didn't conduct the sweeps was that "it took some time for this information to get to the right people."

Trump campaign telegraphs legal routes

From CNN's Kevin Liptak

President Trump's campaign is signaling to its allies it plans extensive legal challenges in states where vote margins are currently slim, including Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

metmike: Nevada is another one. As of Noon on Wednesday, things look pretty good for Biden to win(by taking MI, WI and NV).

By metmike - Nov. 4, 2020, 1:33 p.m.
Like Reply

So here is what I think will happen.

Biden will be declared the winner after all the votes are tallied and Trump loses, MI, WI and NV. 

Trump will have the opportunity to ask for a voter recount in those states if the change would make a difference in the outcome(if he lost by 100 electoral votes, for instance, then he would have no legal claim).

Since the change could make a difference, he will have a legal claim.

However, each state has its own rules.

In MI and NV, asking for a recount only has to contend their could have been voter fraud with no evidence, regardless of the margin in votes.

In WI, however, it appears that Trump may have to be within 1% of Biden to get a recount. If he loses by more than 1%, then Biden gets WI with no recount.

If Biden getting WI, would be enough for him to have 270 votes WITHOUT MI and NV, then there would be no recounts. However, if a recount should flip MI or NV to Trump, then Trump would go over 270 electoral votes and win.

So there is a near 100% chance that Trump will ask for recounts in MI and NV.

Possibly PA if somehow Biden were able to make up the huge deficit but there are tons of votes not in for PA, which is messed up. If every state was as bad as PA, the current results would not be any farther than they were on Tuesday evening.

Recounts almost never change the outcomes of elections!

Key States Could Be Headed Toward Recounts. Here Are the Rules.

The votes are still being counted—they might get counted again.

https://www.motherjones.com/2020-elections/2020/11/key-states-could-be-headed-toward-recounts-here-are-the-rules/

By metmike - Nov. 4, 2020, 3:15 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump campaign sues in Michigan over vote count

https://www.ft.com/content/0855ad19-307f-387d-96c2-e5acd9b3234a

The Trump campaign said Wednesday that it had filed a lawsuit to halt the counting of votes in Michigan, alleging it had not been given “meaningful access” to observe the count in several locations. Bill Stepien, the Trump campaign manager, said in a statement that the lawsuit filed in Michigan state court sought a halt to the count until they were given access, as well as a “review” of ballots already counted. Donald Trump is trailing Joe Biden, his Democratic challenger, in Michigan with much of the vote already counted. The move by the Trump campaign is one of a series of legal actions that could see the race bogged down in days or weeks of court battles if the vote margins are narrow enough.

Joe Biden wins Wisconsin as Trump campaign calls for recount

https://nypost.com/2020/11/04/joe-biden-wins-wisconsin-earns-swing-state-statement-victory/?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=push-notification&utm_campaign=joe-biden-wins-wisconsin-earns-swing-state-statement-victory

With just a 20,000 vote margin and the Trump campaign calling for a recount, Wisconsin was called as a win for Joe Biden on Wednesday.

The unofficial triumph in America’s Dairyland delivers Biden another 10 electoral votes — with 270 needed to win the presidency — and steals a state President Trump captured in 2016 and was holding out hope for this year.

The state was only called Wednesday afternoon, by both CNN and the Associated Press, with the outcome delayed in part due to tallying issues in Milwaukee County, which did not report until nearly 5 a.m.

Similar delays loomed large in two other make-or-break swing states, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

metmike: Since the margin of victory for Biden is less than 1% in WI(.7%) Trump has a legit legal means to ask for a recount.

He would need to get 20,000+ votes in the recount to overturn WI and probably overtun the election.

It's very unlikely that will happen.

By metmike - Nov. 4, 2020, 5:32 p.m.
Like Reply

Biden will get MI for sure and that will give him 264 electoral votes.

Trump will get the rest except for NV, which is 6 electoral votes.

This is leaning towards Biden right now. 

If Biden wins NV, he has exactly 270 and enough to win. I think that leaves Trump with

And of course Trump will ask for a recount in WI, MI and NV, which will take some weeks but recounts rarely change the vote.

NV is coming down to the wire though with Biden almost in the drivers seat.

Trump will get bashed for asking for recounts. However, if NV  shifts a bit towards Trump and he edges out Biden(he's just 8,000 votes behind and .6%)..............and tops Biden in electoral votes.............there is a 100% chance that Biden will ask for a recount............and nobody will bash him for it. 

2020 United States Presidential elections in Nevada

Candidates
Vote %Vote count
Joe BidenDemocratic Party
49.3%588,252
Donald TrumpRepublican Party
48.7%580,605
By metmike - Nov. 4, 2020, 6:06 p.m.
Like Reply

We won't be hearing anything from Nevada until Thursday.

They are one of those states with some crazy election rules.

https://fox4kc.com/news/nevada-election-results-update-wont-come-until-thursday/

LAS VEGAS, Nev. — Nevada officials said early Wednesday that no new election results would be released until 9 a.m. on Nov. 5.

The Elections Division of the Nevada Secretary of State’s Office tweeted at 2:45 a.m.: That’s it for election results updates until 9:00 am on Nov. 5.” The full tweet is below:

There was no explanation why the results would pause for a full day. 

By metmike - Nov. 4, 2020, 6:22 p.m.
Like Reply

2020 House Races

Democrats appear to lose key House seats they won in 2018, fail to flip GOP targets

It's a result that could see Speaker Pelosi face recriminations

“Last night and this morning’s results should serve as a wake-up call that the prognosticators have no clue what they are talking about,” said Michael McAdams, spokesman for the National Republican Campaign Committee (NRCC). “Chairman [Tom] Emmer kept the NRCC laser-focused on our game plan and our massive success reflects that reality.”

By WxFollower - Nov. 4, 2020, 8:24 p.m.
Like Reply

Could it end up in hindsight that Trump loses due to losing AZ because of how he disrespected John McCain? Possible although it appears getting AZ likely wouldn't have been enough.

By metmike - Nov. 4, 2020, 9:02 p.m.
Like Reply

YES!!

Looks like  Biden getting NV could give him exactly 270, so absolutely AZ flipping to Biden made a difference.

His feud with McCain surely was a factor, if not THE main reason.

'John McCain's Last Laugh': Cindy McCain Under Fire From Trump Supporters for Arizona Flipping

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/arizona-trump-mccain-biden-levin-1.9289077

Political pundit Ana Navarro-Cárdenas said, 'Joe Biden is the first Democrat in 24 years to win Arizona. I’d like to imagine it as John McCain getting the last laugh'

metmike: John McCain was determined to hurt President Trump and first did so when he betrayed his constituents by going back on his promise to vote to repeal Obamacare that he ran on(to punish Trump and be the deciding vote)  but he really got him  here (from the grave) where it takes away something that  Trump wanted more than anything in his life. 

Regardless of my losing much respect for John McCain for doing this(not taking the high road for his constituents), Trump deserved every bit of it for his extremely offensive comments in what was one of the worst displays of blatant, despicable character ever by  the politician with the worst character in history.

It's comments like those made about John McCain that don't make me unhappy about Trump losing. 

At least we won't have to deal with that here anymore.

By metmike - Nov. 5, 2020, 5:43 p.m.
Like Reply

It will be a very tough loss for Repubicans because it was so close. That's they way it always is.

If Trump lost by 120 electoral votes and we knew on Tue Night, they all would have thought "well, thats what the polls predicted" and accepted it then.

But its the close losses that are the most painful and toughest. When your favorite college football team, the red team playing an emotional game against their biggest rival, the blue team............loses with the opponent kicking a field goal in the final minute it hurts bad. 

If the prognosticators had predicted your football team to lose by 3 touchdowns( a margin expected by Trump in this election by the no nothing election prognosticators) and they lost by that amount...............ok, you never got your EXPECTATIONS up that high so there wasn't much difference between what you expected and what actually happened.

However, if in that football game, the red team took the lead in the 4th quarter and things were looking really good..........as they did for numerous hours on Tuesday Night, your EXPECTATIONS soar to new heights.

It's the much higher expectations that make the reality of the loss hurt vs having low expectations, followed by a loss. 

Republicans can take heart in the fact that the "Blue Wave" predicted did NOT happen.

The senate remains barely controlled by the Republicans and the House did not increase their majority. This is huge.

If the dems had control of the oval office and both houses of congress, they would be able to push their agenda with impunity.

The Senate will be able to prevent some of the more liberal agenda from getting thru.

Probably stopping them from raising capital gains taxes which was a given if dems had total control.

This is likely why the stock market has rallied all week. Retaining control of the senate by the Republicans and much lower chance of the stock market being taxed at a higher capital gains rate. 

By metmike - Nov. 5, 2020, 5:46 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump and some Republicans still think that they have a pathway to victory.

It will take a near miracle.  There is a low single digit chance of everything, somehow reversing the trends in mail in ballots and giving Trump Nevada, which would be the key. If he got NV, his odds of winning go over 50%.

Forget AZ.  He blew it there. Trump and the republicans were shocked here but he trashed and abused John McCains reputation so much and the McCain family actually campaigned against him, that it cost him the Grand Canyon State.

There is a chance that he could could actually  lose GA at the tail end which would clinch it for Biden 100%...............if that were final. He's down to just 9,000 ahead with 1% of the vote to go in GA. Hopefully it stays Trump for that sides long shot hopes,  so they can hold out for hope in NV that gives  the low single digit chance of him winning still.

Sadly, it won't be final, even when the votes are all counted the first time........the final, final results will not be out for many weeks(but we will all know what the first time counts are shortly, just not legally) because there will be recounts in enough states that could make a theoretical difference that will serve as legal challenges by Trump that prevent declaring the results final.

MI, WI and NV for sure will have recounts. If GA went to Biden at the tail end, then GA too. GA, possibly just because its so close. PA is not final and has tons of votes to go but seems very likely to go Trump.

Recounts almost never change the election.  He would need 20,000 more votes in WI. He might get 200 more votes. Getting 2,000 more votes would be a shocker but 20,000 is impossible unless they discovered widespread fraud and thats not going to happen.

Trump will get bashed for contesting the results and asking for the recounts. Biden absolutely would do the exact same thing.

Unfortunately, we will have to listen to weeks of Trump rhetoric, telling us that he won the election but it was stolen from him. 

Of this, I am certain and its this part of Donald Trump that I am looking forward to bidding a farewell to!

And there will be no Constitutional crisis as joj speculated might happen the last couple of months. Trump will bitch but after all the recounts are over, every Republican politician,  except for President Trump will accept the results and things will proceed towards making Biden our next president. 

By metmike - Nov. 5, 2020, 9:04 p.m.
Like Reply

These late votes are weighted with more mail in votes.  Trump greatly discouraged his supporters from mailing in ballets. He claimed everybody should vote in person.

A very high % of his supporters votes were cast on election day, so when we got the results from that "in person" voting on Tuesday Night, it was skewed heavily towards Trump.

The courts and laws for each state were different on mail in voting but they are following the laws in each state, regardless of what Trump says. Nobody is violating those laws and there has not been any substantive evidence of major voter fraud.

Trump disagreed vehemently with those laws and is suggesting that the disparity in these late votes is from fraud when some of it is because it was more dems voting by mail.

Trumps only chance is in Nevada, if somehow, the late votes went against the trend and favored him.

If he doesn't get NV its over.

And he has to hold GA and PA which is a tall order.

By metmike - Nov. 5, 2020, 9:08 p.m.
Like Reply

These late votes are greater and greater weighted towards mail in, especially  for states like PA, which allows for mail in votes to come in the mail for 3 days after the election.

In FL, its the complete opposite. They counted the absentee/mail in ballets, starting in mid October.

This is also why they reported the results so quickly and efficiently in FL.

Some of the other states, had these mail in ballets for weeks, but couldn't start counting them until the polls opened or even until after the polls closed.

In some states, they are still allowing for votes to come in the mail. 

Crazy. Each state was different.

What if you got an absentee ballet in the mail and changed your mind and wanted to vote in person?

You had to sign an affidavit swearing that you won't  vote more than once.. One would think that some people voted by mail, then voted again in person.......but the affidavit they signed warns that this is a  felony  with some serious punishment if convicted.

https://dos.myflorida.com/media/700479/dsde139.pdf

VOTE BY-MAIL CURE AFFIDAVIT INSTRUCTIONS AND FORM
F _____ VOTE-BY-MAIL CURE AFFIDAVIT –INSTRUCTIONS AND FORM This affidavit is for a voter who returns a vote-by-mail ballot certificate that does not include the voter’s
dos.myflorida.com

In NV, every eligible voter got an absentee ballet. 

By metmike - Nov. 6, 2020, 11:22 a.m.
Like Reply

Trump has been unable to hold GA and PA for the reasons mentioned above, so there will be no miracle.

Now we have to be subjected to him insisting that voter fraud stole the election from him for the rest of his term. This is not true.

He should call for voter recounts in all the close states and Biden would too but he is NOT going to flip any of them and there is a 0% chance that he will flip 3 of them, which he would need to win.

Sadly, he is legally justified in challenging the results with voter recounts and until they are done, we don't get the official results which might not be until the end of the year???

Congrats to Joe Biden on his hard fought win.................even though I will continue to fight hard to expose his fake climate crisis and horrible energy policies.

By metmike - Nov. 6, 2020, 6:03 p.m.
Like Reply

Additional discussions on this(thanks for your thoughts)..........please chime in and be part of these discussions:

Astonishing boldness            

Started by GunterK - Nov. 6, 2020, 3:13 p.m.  

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/60904/

Let's See            

Started by 7475 - Nov. 6, 2020, 7:44 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/60882/

Listen to the words            

Started by jmk - Nov. 5, 2020, 3:23 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/60864/

more on voter fraud            

Started by GunterK - Nov. 6, 2020, 4:15 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/60909/

Trump support from surprising areas....            

Started by GunterK - Nov. 3, 2020, 8:36 p.m.     

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/60765/

Is this true??            

Started by wglassfo - Nov. 4, 2020, 11:56 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/60789/

See for yourself if this actually happens            

Started by wglassfo - Nov. 3, 2020, 4:12 p.m.          

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/60754/

By metmike - Nov. 7, 2020, 12:49 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Nov. 9, 2020, 2:02 p.m.
Like Reply